2006 soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:52 pm

^ Scorpion had already listed some of the new names in his post.
I had the seller of the overload email me a clear picture of the new soakers and it looks like all we get this year is some piece of crap called the ooznator that shoots slime and water and the defender which is just the triple aggressor/hydro blade without all the extras( detachable pistle and grenade/ foam blade ect.) all the rest are recolored and some(Flash Flood, Helix, Defender, and Arctic Shock) can be attached to the backpack that comes with the overload

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:39 pm

LA, Wild Boys also said that.
It also looks like there are more blasters like this, as you can attach different ones to the backpack it seems, very interesting, although it is still Max D though it seems.

I wonder if they made any improvements to the rereleased blasters. Probably not. I still want a blazer/piranha. Can't wait to see the rereleases of those (if there are any).

P.S. iSoaker, I think you should review the 2005 Piranha since you have one. I would greatly like to see the improvements. :;):

Edited By m15399 on 1137465652

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 am

I think you should review the 2005 Piranha since you have one. I would greatly like to see the improvements.

The collector-aspect of me is currently preventing me from unboxing the 2005 Piranha and Blazer. From my understanding, apart from some cosmetic changes, the main differences lie in the greater variety of nozzles. Big Bee can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Buzz Bee Toys did anything significant with the internals. Of course, better nozzles can significantly improve the performance of a blaster. However, it's just not quite enough reason for me to open and test an otherwise MIB soaker. :goofy:

RAK

Post by RAK » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:48 pm

hey. wtf am i doing here?? i was browsing google images for some of the most random things and it brought me here. i got curious of the 2006 soakers (to see how far hasbro was willing to screw it up) and here i am. i skimmed the thread so far (its a lot to skim) and all i see is that backpack thing. wooo.... no cannons. i was hoping for a cannon or something reminicent of a CPS. i dont even think i can spell that right. but i dont care. im glad to see everything is running well, or at least running. ill probably be around within the next few days to check replies. later..

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:14 am

RAK wrote:hey. wtf am i doing here?? i was browsing google images for some of the most random things and it brought me here. i got curious of the 2006 soakers (to see how far hasbro was willing to screw it up) and here i am. i skimmed the thread so far (its a lot to skim) and all i see is that backpack thing. wooo.... no cannons. i was hoping for a cannon or something reminicent of a CPS. i dont even think i can spell that right. but i dont care. im glad to see everything is running well, or at least running. ill probably be around within the next few days to check replies. later..

hey RAK, it has been awaile.(Im "The_dark_Annihilator" by the way. Got a little name change.)
Any chances you are still going through with your soaker sale from last year? Just want to know so it can be official if its still on or not.

And yes, the 2006(10 year CPS aneversary) line sucks indeed.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1137658571

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:09 pm

marauder_4 wrote:I'm sick of the pesimism here. You're already making judgements on the 2006 line based off of a blurry picture from the back of a box.
If you want to complain then please leave right now. When the 2002 line came out there was a great deal of pessimism, but now you all rant and rave about the holy CPS 2100.

This is the smartest post in this thread. It sounds like a lot of people decided the 2006 Official Super Soakers would be bad months ago before there was any information on them. You guys have to realize you're the top 0.1% of Super Soaker fans. Hasbro doesn't design them to your ideal specifications. They make them for what the market buys. That's great that Buzz Bee listens to your feedback, but those are the types of things younger companies can do. It's not surprising that Hasbro seems to ignore fans. If they had a representative on the forums talking about how the a Super Soaker was inspired by one of the posts here, that'd open them up to litigation and people demanding compensation for the idea. There's no conspiracy here.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:19 pm

ChrisReid wrote: It's not surprising that Hasbro seems to ignore fans. If they had a representative on the forums talking about how the a Super Soaker was inspired by one of the posts here, that'd open them up to litigation and people demanding compensation for the idea. There's no conspiracy here.

They already slaped a patent on their CPS. I don't think that using it abit more will turn Hasbro into a lawsuit magnet. Its very likely that most here are aware by now that Hasbro wants to make as much money as possible targeting to casual users. Then again, casual users buy anything cheap anyways. While profit is a reason why they do things the way they do, its not much of an excuse if quality is claimed in the advertising.

Granted, I can't review every soaker. But that is because I am on a budget like most. So I have to use the "Most likely apears to be" routine. In the past, it worked very well (A3, HydroBlade, Flashflood, Aquasquirtz). By now I can state that the proof of quality is determined by Hasbro's efforts if in doubt(which the 2006 line is). I shouldn't have to spend time and recorces on prooving that its quality. They have to, and their designs and specks certainly don't show it to me.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1138048030

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:38 pm

Visual impressions are valid so long as it is noted that they are purely visual impressions. Past experience plays into likelihood, but then again, Super Soaker still went from the SS 50 to the CPS-class. In the end, while one may not be able to test every soaker (unless you're me or ChrisReid :goofy:), I'd still rather get feedback from those who have actually tested something before making any final claims.

However, the most important thing that really is getting lost amongst some of the membership is that while soaker 'performance' may not be as they were in the days of the larger CPS-cannons, fact is, the new models are still a lot of fun for people to use.

Interest in soaking dropped in general popularity not just because some feel soaker quality has decreased, rather more likely since general interest, time, and spending dollars are being used on other things like surfing the Internet, playing computer games, listening to MP3s, etc. Many would rather save their coins for a better computer, game console, or MP3 player as opposed to spend them on soakers. Thus, the market can really only sustain soakers of a certain price point. General users don't care if a soaker shoots 30' or 40' too much as long as it seems to work. Sure, those sorts of ranges make many members here laugh at how pitiful it seems compared to soakers of yester-year. However, if people first learn to have fun engaging in soaking, perhaps down the road they can be convinced that some money can be set aside for bigger and better soakers again.

However, until there is enough consumer demand, manufacturers and retailers are wary to put a larger, higher priced model out there.

This isn't to say a larger model can't be profitable. However, due to the general change in consumer spending, manufacturers are testing the current market to see what people are willing to spend their money on. Max-D trigger problems aside, the 2005 line from Hasbro as well as offerings from Buzz Bee Toys were decent. People I know who hadn't had a water fight for many years found the 2005 products rather fun to use and asked about prices and where to buy.

To get better stock soakers, one needs to have a large enough market that wants it. All the online communities together is only a miniscule part of the market. I feel it's already nice that manufacturers have been listening and doing what they can within their limits. Part of me feels that the inclusion of an interchangeable backpack on the 2006 Super Soakers is something that many of us have asked for sometime now. As for the Water Warriors line, I await hearing more.

Wanting better is natural. However, non-constructive complaints won't accomplish desired goals. One needs to understand the real sources of the problems before one can start finding viable solutions.

As for the new soakers, I want to see how much fun I can have using them. Performance statistics are things I measure, but so long as it's fun for myself and my friends/targets to use, then they've done a good job in making them, IMO.

For those who want more, there is always mods, homemades, as well as eBay. Due to safety restrictions, stock soakers will likely never be able to compete with what those with the desire can build at home.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:09 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're the odd ones out. We're simply not a profitable group, and there's nothing wrong with a company wanting to turn a profit in order to stay in business. Could SS introduce more powerful models and still be profitable? Possibly. But I wouldn't WANT or expect them to if it would mean they'd make less. That's not the way to run a business.

We've gotten lucky in that WW has a represetative here - but how long do you think WW would last if they ignored the rest of the market and catered specifically to us? Would they still listen to us if our suggestions wouldn't turn a profit or at least bring in their own cost?

The market doesn't really favor us right now. That's a fact. Cut and dried, we're a minority. No one should bet their business on catering to a minority buying group.

That said, I'm gonna call it like I see it. SS brings out a line of pressurized res. pistols and touts them as the latest and greatest, I'm calling them junk until someone proves me wrong. As someone told me once, if you're not profiling, you're not paying attention.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:55 pm

Simply put, if you want things to improve, stop relying so much on the manufacturers. Don't let them slam the door in your face for a 4th year, get up, and wedge your foot in it. AKA, fight back with innovation, not complaints. Some here accept defeat too easily. If the companies won't take Soakerdom to the next level, the people should. So then you can go into battle, use your 21K, 15.21K, Homemade, or whatever, to kick some major SoakerTag ass and show others the real potential of Soaking. Simple Tech achievements can be inspiring, for example, the Ridgewood Militia owes many of its members to the Douchenator. :laugh: If someone takes the initiative, others will follow, and the bar will be raised, leaving companies in the dust. If they want to focus on profits, fine, it doesn't matter if your ranges are 25 feet better than theirs, or if your output is 30x higher, or if your guns are designed better. I cannot emphasize this point strongly enough, as words are only words and traditions seem to be written in stone. But if you are willing to go the extra mile, you will be well rewarded.

[/end rant about how people don't ever take action]

Edited By Duxburian on 1138064231
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Dux is right the reasons for modding couldn't be more justified. The companies are putting out crap and we just won't take it anymore. I personally fell like buying a overload and modding it, the potential for for innovation is huge ths year especially with this max-infusuion stuff and the fact that the overload has three nozzles. :soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Let me just state that I do understand that there are those who'd like to see better stock soakers without the need to build or mod. I understand that because I, too, would like to see bigger soakers return to the market. However, I also understand manufacturers position: caught between needing to make profits, being at the mercy of what retailers will sell, yet still wanting to keep as many of their consumers happy.

While current times point towards modding/building as the main route towards more powerful water blasters, that doesn't mean that I'm not doing what I can to try to get the manufacturers I'm in contact with to push out at least one or two larger soakers to better please the type who come to the online Soakerdom forums.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Personally, it doesn't bother me if mny soakers only get in the upper 30's as long as my freinds are equally matched. The purpose of water fights is to have fun, right? Well, I have fun no matter how far the soakers shoot (to some degree). I admit I would like to have a few long range 1hk wars, but none of my freinds are up for that. Any homemades I build will be purely for show, or for expirementation, unless my freinds get into modding or homemade...ing.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:21 pm

One reason I stand where I do is that our teams are a bit...hardcore. Not to the point of full camo, but definately in terms of our tech and tactics. Especially the tactics. In a typical 3 hour battle, we may run and manuever more than 5 miles worth of land. I think we might have done 10 miles in one of the crazy wars in mid-2004. Seeing as none of our parks are more than 1 1/2 miles long, that means we've been circling and moving around a LOT. In such a difficult 1HK situation, kills are very hard to get, and you need range. I try to engage at the furthest range possible, usually around 60ft. You can also use fast stream speed, the most under-heard of stat, but one of the most vital to 1HK.

This year we plan to kick it up a notch, despite the fact that our wars are already among the best quality in the Northeast. For such a good team, we need very good guns. While the Militia's CPS 1500, CPS 2000, and 4 CPS 2500s make an impressive show, the raw power of our arsenal lies in the 21K, 11K, 1100, 12K, etc. When you take a look at the arsenal list, you don't wonder why I don't like the last 3 soaker lines! Buying anything would be like taking 5 giant steps back in terms of preformance, power, and range.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the 7 or 8 or so homemades we have. Those are not the best for battles, but what I build this year I intend to use to fight.

So that's where I'm coming from when I continually slam new lines and sketchy preformance compared to the might of the arsenal the team has built up.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:54 pm

Those must be really cool battles.I use my friends backyard I might use his frontyard but I am glad they are both big.