Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:40 am

IMO, the SoakerTag concept is the right way to go. The fault lies in non-reusable targets. Need a good, simple, effective, cheap, reusable system of scoring to allow some water fights to become more sport-like. However, this is semi-off-topic for this thread unless, of course, Water Warriors brand can come up with a more effective target system.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:14 pm

Even if it is a good idea, it's not catching on. No one's buying it.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:18 pm

"SilverFist is right, guys. Let's face it. SoakerTag hasn't become some huge craze. Sales are worse than they've been in years."

In Hasbro's 2nd Quarter Earnings Report, Super Soaker sales were said to be "strong." Now, wether or not that's actually true (as they've been known to embelish things in the past) is anyone's guess. In my area at least, I haven't seen the SoakerTag line move at all.

"Soakage is the lowest its been since 1993. Even the earliest XPs could easily defeat most SoakerTags. SoakerTag simply isn't working. If Hasbro's smart, they'll stop making them. If Hasbro's Smart, they'll restart/rerelease the CPS line."

Sadly, the big CPS's weren't making them any money either if they were "smart" they'd find a way to put CPS tech into smaller weapons, which IMO would be a decent middle ground.

"If Hasbro's smart, they'll start selling guns like the Monsters which cater to Teens and Adults, or at least older children."

Well, that didn't really work either. Like I said, they need to find a middle ground, to make blasters that are accesable to younger users without being totally crappy and appealing to older ones.

OR, they might try a smaller sub-line of more advance blasters to appeal to older users and/or kids with good taste. :p

"Right now, Water Warriors offer the best guns. The market's not completely stupid. It only takes a little report or newpaper article to blow Habro's cover. When that happens, you can expect Water Warriors to have sales boosts as long as they have a better product."

Blow Hasbro's "cover"? What are they hiding, exactly? I agree that Water Warriors offers the best blasters on the market right now, and I hope they keep up the good work. :)
"...Yes."

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:43 pm

Their "cover" means Super Soakers prestigeous reputation. If it's published that WW guns are better, tat rep is soiled.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:04 pm

A soaker styled after LEGO would be neat.

There could be interchangeable nozzles, "frames", CPS chambers, resivours, trigger systems, PCs, SC systems, and space on some more expensive frames for other gadgets, such as Pressure Meter, Motorized Pump, Walkie-Talkies, and other stuff.

You could build small or large soakers. There would be no more complaining about poor soakers! You could have it as powerful as you want.

Edited By trekkie00 on 1090973087

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:56 pm

A Lego Soaker? Umm... I don't know how to say this, but that wouldn't exactly be... uh... comfortable. (Looks at skin welts from Lego pressure) :goofy:

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:04 pm

By that, I mean that the pieces would be interchangeable. If you don't like something, take it out and swap it for another.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:11 pm

There was a guy back on the AQT Yahoo! Club who was supposedly from a company doing that. A Modular Soaker, he called it.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:46 pm

Just out of curiosity, did the "Modular Soaker" ever make it out of the planning/designing phase?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:54 pm

As far as I know it was never produced.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:41 am

Even though it may seem unlikely, I actually think that Hasbro might be secretly listening to our suggestions and complaints, and they could be planning to re-release the CPS line as we speak.
If Hasbro could just re-release all, or at least a few, of the existing CPS soakers then it would be next to perfect for us. I'm not exactly dying to see the results if they were to try to make new ones, though....

If Buzz Bee Toys are going to be producing large cannons, then sooner or later Hasbro will have to produce CPS soakers again. So in two different ways Buzz Bee Toys could save us from this "Dark age of soaking", and the two ways are that they make good soakers, and they also force Hasbro to make good soakers, so we could end up having a huge selection in stores. Hasbro might just have a surprise for us next year...... :;): (although I must admit, I am doubtful.) Wouldn't it be fantastic if they re-released the CPS 2000 Mk.1 in silver colouring to mark the tenth year anniversary of the CPS series?

Edited By Falcon on 1091008393

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:10 am

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they re-released the CPS 2000 Mk.1 in silver colouring to mark the tenth year anniversary of the CPS series?

Didn't the CPS 2000 Mk. 1 come out in 1996?

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:24 pm

Yes... I think that he meant in 2006 (for the rerelease).

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:13 am

a bit late but on the note of how you can't put anything but water in your guns... what about glycerin and chlorine (sp?) you said those didn't hurt it right...

EDIT: are those not organic?

Edited By USSA on 1091110461

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:05 am

USSA wrote:a bit late but on the note of how you can't put anything but water in your guns... what about glycerin and chlorine (sp?) you said those didn't hurt it right...

EDIT: are those not organic?
Ok thats just plain STUPID to put in a water gun. Glycerin is a compound used in lab explosives (LOL), and chlorine is another compound that is also posionous. If your talking about the chlorine in pools, that will just gummy up the blaster and eventually kill it. :p :laugh:
_

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:09 am

wait wait wait... not nitro glycerin just glycerin... big bee said that it was some kind of lube and doom tried it and proved that it really increased range. The Bee also said that pool water was alright for the water warrior line because the tubes were wide enough (correct me in i'm wrong) Anywho why doesn't tthis affect the gun?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:14 am

^ let's not get out chemicals mixed up just 'cos they sound the same. Glycerin is just viscous, liquid stuff.. not explosive. Nitroglycerin is the explosive, but you need to chemically modify the glycerin first. Chlorine will damage the seals and tubing in blasters, making them more brittle and/or degrading seals. Some would recommend using bleach if heavy cleaning is needed, which is ok ONLY IF it is diluted, then immediately flushed out with lots and lots AND LOTS of water until no more bleach sent can be detected, then flush it more just to be safe.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 pm

i'm not crazy:
That is basically why we are limited to about 40' for commercial purposes right now. As we work on different nozzle designs and applications, we try to overcome these forces. Hint: if you want to increase range, add 5% glycerene or any wetting agent to the water. It'll give you about 5-10' more distance.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:51 pm

how safe is 5% glycerin solution? I don't want my friends to vomit after a water fight.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:45 pm

Err... if the CEO of a business just suggested adding a solution, you can bet that it's safe.