Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:04 pm

To ressurect the thread from WWn, this thread is for the discussion of the company Buzz Bee Toys, mainly the Water Warriors line.

Quotes from Big Bee on Waterwar.net

Diaphram technology is slightly better than CPS technology since there is an amount of compressed air at the top of the diaphram that does not exist with the bladder. This allows a higher pressure assist when shooting while making the pumping a little easier.

No active web site yet, we are working on it. We are watergun experts, a little weak with the computers.

The volume of water dispensed increases with the square of the radius of the nozzle. The current market has trouble digesting water guns over a $20 retail price point. This price point limits the size of the gun and therefore the amount of water that can be carried. Nozzle selection is a trade off of how much can be shot at one time vs how much one can carry in the gun, It is theoretically possible to make a 20mm diameter nozzle but the shot would last less than a second even on the biggest gun. I also made a mistake before, the largest nozzle diameter on the Blazer is 3mm. (not 2.6 that is the Lightning size). It's always good to know what you are looking for.

Hornet, Cricket and Firefly (compressed air technology)shoot 38+ feet, Lightning and Blazer (Diaphram technology) shoot 42+ feet. disclaimer: shooting distance is determined by placing the blaster 4' above the ground and angling at 45 degrees, farthest shots are measured.

For 2004, I can tell you:

Hornet reworked to the Cricket: Air pressure technology: capacity 14oz, nozzle 1.6mm

Zzapper to Black Widow: Air pressure technology; capacity 27oz, nozzle 1.6mm

Firefly to Yellow Jacket: Air pressure technology: capacity 40 oz, nozzle 2.0 mm

Lightning to Pirahana: Diaphram technology: capacity 52 oz, nozzle 1.4, 1.8, 2.2 mm

Blazer no change: Diaphram technology: capacity 94 oz, nozzle 1.0, 1.6, 2.0, 2.6, 3.0mm

For 2005, we have developed a new system all together, shoots like a diaphram system, but requires only a fraction of the pumping.

I can't get fired, don't worry, I own the company.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, I started posting here to let you guys know that there is an alternative available and to promote the products my company sells. I am not trying to do advertising here, just provide you with some information. You do need to be aware that I represent a company, not an individual. I like to hear the opinions you express because it helps me to develop better products in the future. We ARE listening.

There are exceptions but in general, you have answered your own question. In 2000 $50 guns were possible, in 2002 $30 was the limit, now it is $20. Nothing is sudden, it is a gradual change.

In my opinion, the fall of price points is directly related to the lack of new technology in water guns. There is really no reason for the average shopper to pay more than $20 for a water gun that doesn't do anything more than a $10 gun now does. Most people aren't that concerned about the details, they just look at the price and the size. I don;t know how many of you are old enough to remember the battery operated water guns before Super Soaker. The highest price there was $10. Super Soaker with the new air pressure technology raised the bar and it kept going up. Now the market is declining, not because of recession, but because of lack of innovation.

It is very possible that a bigger Blast can be seen in 2005 if 2004 goes well. Undoubtedly, it will limited distribution, but possible. I think 8mm nozzle is about the limit of safe operation, after that, the velocity and force of the water becomes dangerous. We can make a blaster shoot like a sprinkler on a golf course (over 100 ft), but who wants to stand in front of that? (more than once)

Sorry, no TV commercials this year, earliest possibility is 2005. There needs to be a reason to run TV, a new mechanism/system is a good reason

This is even more fascinating. Each Blaster is weighed on it's own merits, not compared to other Blasters of equal pricing? The Lightning is priced comparably to the Helix, but performance is being compared to CPS 2100 etc., Blasters at twice the price. I am having trouble understanding this and it is quite important to me.

Edited By Veteran on 1090695606

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:05 pm

Without Big Bee, there's no thread... :(

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:11 pm

I believe he will soon return.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:21 pm

err... He normally checked in every day. He's not here yet.

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:29 pm

The Bee is back. We are currently in Hong Kong presenting our 2005 line to major customers. I have been very busy, but I will still be checking the board. You have all helped a lot in shaping the line of product and I look forward to more suggestions from all who come.

:soakon2:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:36 pm

Are you going to tour the US (sorta like the Soaker-mobile hasbro had)? If so, I hope Seattle is on the list. :cool:

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:43 pm

Big Bee wrote:The Bee is back. We are currently in Hong Kong presenting our 2005 line to major customers. I have been very busy, but I will still be checking the board. You have all helped a lot in shaping the line of product and I look forward to more suggestions from all who come.

YAY! THe Big Bee found us! :) So thats where you have been.... Well to me it seems Buzz Bee Toys is becoming a larger, more productive company. I hopr your customers are satisfied, and we can't wait till you show us next year's line! Now this should truly go down in Online Soaker Fandom History... we helped a company, with our ideas, enhance the quality of the product. Go Big Bee! :D
_

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:31 pm

Big Bee wrote:The Bee is back. We are currently in Hong Kong presenting our 2005 line to major customers. I have been very busy, but I will still be checking the board. You have all helped a lot in shaping the line of product and I look forward to more suggestions from all who come.

I have been curious, how exactly do you present your products? Do you let your customers test out your soakers or something? Because its kind of funny to imagine a group of 40-60 year old businese men dressed in businese suits having a water fight. :goofy: Good luck in Hong Kong and go democracy (concerning about the recent pro democratic march by Hong Kongese people)

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:34 pm

I think he meant a presentation of the product (not a demonstration)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:42 pm

Well, good luck with the demos. We look forward to having you back to hear our suggestions! :)

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:36 am

According the some posts by Bug Bee at WWN a few months ago, he's going to show presentations or demonstrations of the 2005 Water Warrior line to major customers in the U.S. I'm looking forward to that because we may get info about the 2005 line after Bug bee does his work.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:42 am

Very cool! I'm glad Big Bee found us again. I'm really looking forward to hearing about next year's line.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:43 am

Perhaps we coudl get a sneak peek of the 2005 line before it is officially displayed in the U.S. :;): That would be pretty cool, and I am sure would boost WW popularity within the online community.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:33 am

I agree, a sneak peek would be nice. Also, what's the plan on advertising? Will there be an online store where one could order the guns too? Will the guns be available in more locations? I have only seen a single small WW blaster in a CVS where I live this year. I learned that my area completely lacks K-Marts as well, so a Blazer was out of the question.

Another question, when are you going to join SSC's forums? There are a lot of people who would like to hear something about the WW line there.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:27 am

I think that Big Bee feels more comfortable in an iSc-inhabited forum. Since this forum is, well, a part of iSc itself, it's great for him to be around. If he chooses to post at SSCn as well, good for him. But I'm not banking on it.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:59 am

I had an idea for Big Bee. Hold an auction for one of the 2005 models before they come out in stores. Or perhaps some kind of contest on the website, maybe writing a "why I deserve a new soaker" essay or something. With a little publicity, this could go a long way... I've known companies that do this, well one anyway.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:01 pm

The K-Mart in my area went out of business, so there goes my chance at getting a Blazer. Yes, I agree that it would be nice to see Blazers in other retail stores, such as TRU and Wal Mart.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:30 pm

When CmndrBob gets back, maybe H20 Comandos could be the official fan site of Water Warriors. :cool:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:33 pm

It's not H20, it's H2O. And what do you mean by the official fan site? ???

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:37 pm

Like how it used to be the official SS fan site.