Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:14 pm

Soakologist wrote:Err... if the CEO of a business just suggested adding a solution, you can bet that it's safe.
:cool:

Uh, I don't believe he said it was necessarily safe for wide-spread use in water fights. He was merely stating that adding in wetting agents would increase the cohesion of water streams, thus yielding better distances.

Did some digging.. here are some MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) on glycerin/glycerol:
http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/GL/glycerol.html
http://www.efdsolder.com/PDF/EFD_-_Glyc ... n_MSDS.pdf

While mostly non-toxic, both sheets do suggest avoiding prolonged contact with skin/long exposure to it, even if diluted. I can say from personal experience with the stuff that it is quite slippery to touch and wouldn't feel very nice to be hit with a stream of that stuff, even if only 5% of the solution.

My personal rule for water fights: stick with clean, clear water.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:04 pm

I agree with ISoaker, stick with clean clear water. I only suggested that there are potential additives to the water that would increase distance slightly, in my opinion they are not worth the trouble. As for Glycerine, I am referring to a food grade product. see http://www.dow.com/glycerine/. Not recommending or suggesting you try it.

:soakon2:

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:34 pm

hehe... the first thought that came to my mind was nitroglycerine.... wouldn't that be fun in a super soaker... :laugh:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:07 pm

Just went to toys R us, no water warriors :(. Big Bee are there any locations in Washington where I could get one?

Edited By Veteran on 1091244358

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Is there any way you can give us an idea of what to expect next year?

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:25 am

Veteran wrote:Just went to toys R us, no water warriors :(. Big Bee are there any locations in Washington where I could get one?
Fortunately, or unfortunately, consumer response to Water Warriors has been nothing short of fantastic. Most stores we monitor have been completely sold out for the past couple of weeks. You can still find the last odd and end in some stores, but basically the're gone. We will make more next year.

:soakon:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:29 am

Big Bee, could you please give us a brief description of what your upcoming Aqua Master Pre-Charger line will be like? Is it similar to SC? What are their range and nozzle sizes like? We're all dying to know.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:24 am

Big Bee wrote:Fortunately, or unfortunately, consumer response to Water Warriors has been nothing short of fantastic. Most stores we monitor have been completely sold out for the past couple of weeks. You can still find the last odd and end in some stores, but basically the're gone. We will make more next year.

Its good to hear that you are doing well. Good luck to all your future products.

It would be nice if you give at a little sneak preview of next year's soakers. Are the next year's soakers already designed? or still on the planning board?

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:35 pm

Big Bee, did you still make Lightnings and ZZappers and the like this year, or were they just leftovers from last year?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:27 pm

Fortunately, or unfortunately, consumer response to Water Warriors has been nothing short of fantastic. Most stores we monitor have been completely sold out for the past couple of weeks. You can still find the last odd and end in some stores, but basically the're gone. We will make more next year.

I'm glad that the results were so great! Sold out in your, second year was it? That's pretty good, especially since a lot of people still buy Super Soakers because of the old rep.

Edited By Veteran on 1091298638

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:26 pm

an sc style soaker w/ diaphragm tech would be awesome!!!! diaphragm gives enough shot time to begin with; imagine a diaphragm chamber the size of a reservoir! *drools*

since pressure chambers have become known as pc's, could diaphragm chambers be known as DC's? (no, not the shoe :D )

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:26 pm

leprekan wrote:hehe... the first thought that came to my mind was nitroglycerine.... wouldn't that be fun in a super soaker... :laugh:
Then your enemies really would know the wages of fear... :p
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:45 pm

Err... we don't call Air Chambers ACs or Constant Chambers CCs, why would we call diaphragm chambers DCs? They're still pressure chambers.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:41 pm

Soakologist wrote:Err... we don't call Air Chambers ACs or Constant Chambers CCs, why would we call diaphragm chambers DCs? They're still pressure chambers.
We just call Constant Chambers CPS, because that is their official name.
Air Chambers are called AP (atleast I do).

I dont think there is an "official" shortantion (sorry, forgot what the real thing is called) for diaphragm chambers. I don't like the shortantion "DC" because it sounds like the comic book company. I guess we should ask big bee to make an offical shortantion for diaphragm chamber.

oh, I think I invented a new word!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:39 pm

The words "Hydro Power" are on boxes of Water Warrior blasters that use the diaphragm tech. However, not sure I'd want to shorten it down to HP... too many other things are called HP including Horse Power, Hewlett-Packard, and Hit Points... :goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:32 am

I remember how many people take off the nozzle selector of their water guns to create a "riot blast" or "shotgun blast". Although it isn't very long range, it delivers a lot of power. Would it be possible to have one nozzle be just a large hole? That way, you could have a riot blast only when you needed it, and you could change it back anytime.
:soakthemall:

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:20 am

Big Bee wrote:
Veteran wrote:Just went to toys R us, no water warriors :(. Big Bee are there any locations in Washington where I could get one?

Really? I saw a half-wall full of Lightnings, Pirahnas, and Blazers at a Wal-Mart around here. Unfortunately, I didn't bring any money, I was just helping a friend pick one. He got a Pirahna.

On a different note:

We all owe Buzz Bee something. Before, since there was no competition against Super Soaker, they could make a horrible water gun, and nobody would care since it was still better than the other stuff on the market (namely squirt pistols). This bad Super Soaker would then sink into oblivion. Now, with competition to the Super Soaker monopoly, both sides will be pressured to make better products for everyone. Us water blaster fans will then have a field day.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1091810313
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Ah, the traditional restatement.

I think we should do something commemerative, like get some lighter fluid and pour it out spelling "Buzz Bee Toys" on the field in front of Hasbro Hq, then torch it.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 pm

I'm almost certain that would fall under "destruction of private property" if not "arson." Have fun explaining yourself to your arresting officer. :p :blues:

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:56 pm

Veteran wrote:Ah, the traditional restatement.

I think we should do something commemerative, like get some lighter fluid and pour it out spelling "Buzz Bee Toys" on the field in front of Hasbro Hq, then torch it.
Isoaker might not approve of that but as long as its done outside of Hasbro property and dosen't burn Hasbro property, it should be fine. :goofy: I wasn't here for the past few weeks so a late congratulations to Big Bee.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond