XS Stinger review - Hope you like it!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Peeko

XS Stinger review - Hope you like it!

Post by Peeko » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:33 am

Here is my reveiw on the Stinger. Tell me anything that needs to be improved. :soakon: (If this is in the wrong area could someone please move it)

Name: Stinger

Manufacturer: Lanard

Length: 42 cm Width: 21 cm

Class: Air pressure

Range: min-0 m max 10-11 m

Capacity: 600ml

Outut: 20 ml/sec (0.70 oz/sec) 0.7x

Power:80 Weight: 50 capacity 70 Overall 70

It is a light weight gun with fairly good range. It would be a good scouting weapon since it is lightweight (so they can run faster) and pretty good range. The downside is it is yellow so it stands out. It feels a little bit uncomfortable though , because of the trigger being on top.
I haven’t had a chance to use it in battle , but I will soon. Another problem is it can’t shoot down , it turns into a sort of fan blast where not much water comes out and the gauge goes back to 0.
It’s pump after being pressurized automatically extends.
It is a pretty good sized weapon , It would be able to fit in a backpack. I will have to see how it performs against other soakers once I use it in a waterfight. I like this weapon a lot it is not my favourite though. I will use it waterfights. It doesn't give kickback because it isn't powerful enough. This is a great gun if you see it BUY IT

Edited By Peeko on 1092538080
I am one with the water

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:20 am

That's not a review, that's just statistics. A review has several paragraphs and describes how it feels to use in battle, what it's best used for (e.g. sniping, grunt, scouting, etc.), pros and cons, how it compares to other soakers on the battlefield, how it performs for it's size and more. What you've got there is raw stats.

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:02 am

peeko can you please do a proper review :suspicious: :wb2: :soakthemall: :surprise:

(P.S. sorry I haven't been on lately i've been busy)

Edited By Triforce Elite on 1092477842
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:43 am

Well, thanks for the stats, but as others noted, it's not quite a review yet since you haven't said anything about how YOU feel about how the blaster behaves in your hands.

As an aside, using the term "min" in your range stat is misleading. Let's face it, but the "min" range on every soaker is actually 0 if you don't pump/pressurize it. :goofy: That's why many who report range talk about level firing vs 45-degrees or just report max range they achieved.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:25 pm

Is that better
I am one with the water

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:37 pm

No, I hate to say it, but it still is pretty brief. Look at Adrian's reveiw of the Pirahna for a guideline. But obviously don't take any of his ideas e.g. the Good, bad and Ugly. You need more of YOUR personal feeling about the gun.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:44 pm

That's fine. Reviews don't have to be that long (wrong forum by the way).
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:22 pm

Geez guys. Lay off the man, for Chrissake.
Your review, albeit brief, is descriptive. The syndrome you described when shooting the gun upside-down is the case with ALL air-pressure guns. The stats are duly noted. Thanks for the info, pal!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Peeko wrote:Is that better
Much better! What you had before was just a stats listing, but now you've put feeling into it. Some like longer reviews, some don't. However, for it to be a review, you just need to push up what YOU want to say on the soaker.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: