Sweet pics of the 05 line

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
USSA

Post by USSA » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:38 pm

joy to the world

edit the kid wearing the hydro pack has a soakertag sticker stuck to his bare arm.

Edited By USSA on 1106419215

CmndrBob

Post by CmndrBob » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Hmmm, Flash Flood and Artic Shock appear to have derived their design from the Secret Strike.

I like the soft 3ltr backpack! too bad those things are not adaptable to other weapons... :cool:

Just checked out the Super Soaker site, why aren't the aforementioned weapons listed there?

Edited By CmndrBob on 1106422464
"SATURATE THAT SPONGE"

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:06 pm

SOFT Bagpack with 3 LITRES. I have to give credit to Hasbro. They found a way to make a CPS 2100 size blaster bigger to fool the main public in buying a big bagpack.

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1106428076
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:51 pm

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:SOFT Bagpack with 3 LITRES. I have to give credit to Hasbro. They found a way to make a CPS 2100 size blaster bigger to fool the main public in buying a big bagpack.

Do you have to be so pessimistic? It could be just as good as anything else, we have to wait and see. Besides, 3 liters is a fine size. It's one liter more than the CPS2100, which IMO was a great blaster.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1106434609
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 pm

The hydro pack, so patheticly and dissapointingly small. I mean come on! A 3 liter backpack?! I'm definately not getting it, but thankfully buzzbee toys is also coming out with a backpack soaker, which is going to have, 6 liters I think it was? And it will probably be the same price, if not cheaper. The only soaker from hasbro I might get this year would be the triple shot, if it gets good reviews. How dissapointing...

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:59 pm

The point of the backpack being so small is so that it doesn't weigh people down too much, especially smaller kids. They're just trying to make it accessible to larger audience. Plus, carrying two backpacks will be easier. However, I will break all optimism if it turns out bad. I will then trash Hasbro for the rest of my life. Unless the 2006 line is good, which would then set me back to optimism.

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:09 pm

I found another place to buy them or look at them.
My" target="_blank">http://www.water-toys.biz/Hasbro.....Webpage
I am one with the water

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:13 pm

Hyperion330 wrote:
ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:SOFT Bagpack with 3 LITRES. I have to give credit to Hasbro. They found a way to make a CPS 2100 size blaster bigger to fool the main public in buying a big bagpack.

Do you have to be so pessimistic? It could be just as good as anything else, we have to wait and see. Besides, 3 liters is a fine size. It's one liter more than the CPS2100, which IMO was a great blaster.

Why do some users not like backpacks? Its non-practical when refilling and its more fragile and accepting of future leaks do to its use of a hose. The only thing that made that up was the 8 Litres on precious backpack waterguns. You take the 5 Litres away, and all you are left with is a bunch of cons when relting it to a 1 piece blaster. Sure, the CPS2100 has 1 litre less, but what would that be? 1-2 shots? Nope, its a CPS2100 size blaster alright with the size of the blaster attached to the hose. The CPS 2700 had more tank than the MXL, but that didn't make it bigger.

A backpack is rationaly acceptable from 4-5 Litres on. Altough personaly I would not mind a 7-8 Litre cannon aslong the straps are comfortable.

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1106435700
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Hmm... the backpack does look far less impressive. I think I may pass on it.
"...Yes."

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:40 pm

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:I would not mind a 7-8 Litre cannon aslong the straps are comfortable.

well don't we all. :p

Edited By Crashdummy on 1106437282

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:03 pm

Aw sweet! The backpack gun is CPS too...that's 2, count 'em 2, CPS guns in the 05 lineup. That's the biggest news in the past, what, like 3 years. And that Triple Shot pistol's looking real good...looks like it'd be great to have one per hand, esp. on some sort of blast nozzle.

Re:The backpack...hey, it's not huge, but it's a start. It's a huge improvement to have a backpack gun as the top model over MXD6000s and EES Turbines. And I like to think that a backpack that size would be lighter, easier for kids (and smaller guys like me) to run around with. The soaker attached to it seems little bigger than a pistol, which is cool.

This year's lookin' up!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:16 pm

Adrian wrote:Aw sweet! The backpack gun is CPS too...that's 2, count 'em 2, CPS guns in the 05 lineup. That's the biggest news in the past, what, like 3 years. And that Triple Shot pistol's looking real good...looks like it'd be great to have one per hand, esp. on some sort of blast nozzle.

Re:The backpack...hey, it's not huge, but it's a start. It's a huge improvement to have a backpack gun as the top model over MXD6000s and EES Turbines. And I like to think that a backpack that size would be lighter, easier for kids (and smaller guys like me) to run around with. The soaker attached to it seems little bigger than a pistol, which is cool.

This year's lookin' up!

Adrian

Thanks for the support.

To DA and all other pessimists: :goofy:
(take that as light-heartedly as possible)

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:54 pm

I agree a bit with everyone on this. Lashing out at other members really is not the most polite thing to do, rather indirectly critisize the comment instead of insults.

Well looking at the stats DarkAnnihilaitor is right, it has the capacity of a CPS 2100. However this is a move towards a more positive step. Remember DA, the age group hasbro right now is trying the target. They need to make the devastator cool looking, powerful, and have just enough capacity for the expected user, 6-12 years of age. It has the capacity of a CPS 2100, thats great, and a definate positive step. Not all backpack cannons are created equal, users will prefer different packs, but the Devastator certainly is open to modification.
_

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:42 am

Iceman wrote:I agree a bit with everyone on this. Lashing out at other members really is not the most polite thing to do, rather indirectly critisize the comment instead of insults.

Well looking at the stats DarkAnnihilaitor is right, it has the capacity of a CPS 2100. However this is a move towards a more positive step. Remember DA, the age group hasbro right now is trying the target. They need to make the devastator cool looking, powerful, and have just enough capacity for the expected user, 6-12 years of age. It has the capacity of a CPS 2100, thats great, and a definate positive step. Not all backpack cannons are created equal, users will prefer different packs, but the Devastator certainly is open to modification.
Oh I'm not saying that Hasbro is not doing good marketing. They thought of everything like: a teen with a Soakertag as a tatoo simulation to look cool for the pree-teens, but physicaly very skinny to avoid showing that the narrow soft backpack is not much larger than some of our upper arms.

I'm just saying that in a general context what water blasters concearns, its design has several flaws that where unecessary. Basicaly, the back pack on this model serves as a gimmick.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:14 am

I wouldn't discredit the usefulness of having a 3L backpack versus 3L on the body of the soaker. Sure, it is smaller compared to some, but it is larger than the Big Trouble's and potentially roughly on par with the SC Power Pak's backpack size. As well, the Aquapack Devastator has a separate pressure chamber of currently unknown size. I await to actually feel how this soaker behaves before calling it having a backpack just as a 'gimmick'.

I remain content and awaiting to do some testing.

BTW, thanks for the link, USSA!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:36 pm

Don't know why this is anything new... that link has been on for nearly a week. :goofy:

Well anyway, I am completely sure you can do some sort of reservoir expansion mod if you are unsatisfied with the backpack size. They've already got the tubing and everything made for you, if you were that set you could just make a normal backpack mod and use the built in tubing.

I'm also sure a PC expansion mod could fix most any PC size problems. Though, such modifications make the PC stretch more and may decrease the lifespan of the rubber. A good modder will know that latex rubber tubing can be made better than what was even put in the CPS 2000, so maybe that's not much of a problem.

I am glad Hasbro is getting back in to the game, though, I really doubt I'd buy more than a Flash Flood or AquaPack. What I'd buy would be for new modifications mostly.

We need some 2005 Super Soaker smilies...

RAK

Post by RAK » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:53 pm

^ might just be me, but i think stock soakers should be good enough where a mod isnt required to make it almost-not-sub-par. but of course, i think some of us should test it out before seeing that it's only yay big and giving up on it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:55 pm

Don't know why this is anything new... that link has been on for nearly a week.

While I've seen that link soon after it was posted, as it was posted by Spinner and since he also posts here, I figured I'd await him (or someone else now) to post it here. It may not be new there, but 'tis new for those who visit here. I'm not sure why you felt the need to make such a statement, though.

Anyhow, we need to hear more reviews from people to get a better feel on how these blasters perform overall. Considering the large dump of snow that a lot of us has just received, might be awhile before we see these soakers more locally. Pity...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:08 pm

RAK wrote:^ might just be me, but i think stock soakers should be good enough where a mod isnt required to make it almost-not-sub-par. but of course, i think some of us should test it out before seeing that it's only yay big and giving up on it.

Precisely my thinking. Water guns should be good enough so that they don't need modifications, however, not every water gun is. Some people are dissatisfied and modify their water guns. I just was saying that you could modify the AquaPack Devastator to have a larger reservoir and PC if you were set on it. If you know my purposes in modifying (and you don't), you know that I'd only modify a gun that would be useful when modified. Let's not stick monster-truck tires on a tricycle. Then again, several times I have done modifications just to put them on my site. Quite possibly that would be my real motive in buying one of these guns. :goofy:

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:09 pm

isoaker_com wrote:I'm not sure why you felt the need to make such a statement, though.

I could take a guess... :cool:

Anyway, on the subject of modding, I guess I had a bad experience. I tried to do a K-Mod on a Mk.2 CPS2100, and I accidentally used 9" balloons which didn't really do anything except lower shot time. Then, upon removing the faulty balloons, the pressure chamber started acting all weird and never really worked after that. Haven't used it in months. So, I personally think stock is the way to go for people like me; I'd rather not risk it anymore.