Highly Ignored Resources - Useful non-supersoaker stuff that works.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Shodan1028

Post by Shodan1028 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:17 pm

okay, so most people just think of water ballons and guns, and thats about it. sure, theres other stuff, but the fun part is makeing it work.

One of the ones ive seen, is converting a three-man ballon launcher into a semi-portable artillery station. its sort of hard to defend and operate, but one guy can man it easily, although defense is another issue. all you do is take those catapult things they sell for 10 bucks or under, and tie the two grips onto some fairly good looking trees, and fire away. it works with fenceposts too, but thats hard to set up, and you have to do it stealthily or you'll be cought with your pants down. then, have one guy recon a position, preferably a encampment of some sort, and fire a ballon. then, he radios back how far it was, untill a direct hit is made. then, start dumping them. most times, if it works quickly, they have no idea what hit them. this one requires a heavy team though, and the radios can be ruined if the recon is captured. but, a freind and i have cleaned out a team all the way down from his almost quarter mile driveway, through trees and such.
DO NOT LET SUCH A POSITION BE CAPTURED. it sucks when your on the receiveing end.

also, nerf guns are key. dart guns probibly do not work as well, but i havent tried them. an arrow weapon i have works great if the head is wet. you just have to make sure it has some spin on it before you dump it on them. then, water sprays all over the place. but the best thing i have, is a ball launcher. since mine is worn out, and needs a new seal, it doesnt shoot far, but takeing out a higher position from close up works fairly well, or if its bull rushing a base of some sort. the ball itself doesnt soak up much water, but im sure if it is hollowed out or modified, it would work. the basic idea is to load as many balls as you can, then hold the entire gun in a bucket, loading the chamber with water. make sure the seal is broken, or it loads very slowly. then, let the seal close, and you're ready. i have yet to find a way to improve this, but it is still very effective. and, the close range damage, about 5 or 10 feet in front of the weapon, sends out a shotgun style blast of water, along with the water. the ball basicly carries the water and dumps it on the enemy like rain. i have one of these suckers taped to my rifle, which i cant identify because it's a clone of a super soaker, but is basicly the same. sometime ill post a picture.

Sentries are good too, for night fights, when you need to hunt down a spy of some sort before they report a position. have someone climb in a tree, and duct tape a flashlight to their gun, and start scanning. this is a "well- duh" trick, but its very effective. but be sure you use a LED waterproof flashlight, or you'll be paying through the neck for new ones.

Scopes probibly seem stupid on a super soaker, but a peice of PVC with wire taped in a crosshair actualy helps aim your shot straight wise. i myself havent tried this, but ive seen it. sight in your weapon, and it will be almost dead acurate up to 50 feet. (Depending on the range of your weapon.) and, it just looks intimidateing when you put it on blocks and it looks like a real scope. i know i muttered a few obsenities, before i reilized he couldnt aim to begin with.

Anyhow, i cant think of anything much else, so add stuff, dudes! :soakon2:
For the tigers!! w00t! ^_^

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:24 am

hmm... the garden hose?

You could use small simple mirrors to look around corners safely.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:22 pm

tripwire booby trap made with 2-liter bottles. i made one, and the topic got locked. (mods, if you see this, can you pleese unlock it? i made a diagram!) anyways, i have this waterproof human-powered flashlight, which you shake it to charge. it would be awesome if you could attach one inside your pump handle, so it would get shaken as you pump, therefore getting charged! i should duct-tape it to my 1500's pump handle..... ^.^ i also like using breadbags full of water. you just fill it up, tie the end if you're transporting it, and fling it. if you hit your target, they will be DRENCHED to the bone. of course, the only bad thing about breadbags is that when you toss it it won't break, therefore the enemy can refill and throw it right back at you.another thing, is get some sort of sprinkler type thing(i use a cap from laundry soap bottle with holes drilled in) you can put it over your base entrance(i have one above my treefort), and if anyone comes, dump buckets of water in, and they get soaked. alo, you could take rain gutters, and drill tons of holes in it, and pour water into like three different tubes leading to the gutter, and it would make like a really long shower head!!
Edit: or if you had a ton of $$$, buy a CPS 2K*, and attach a mini video camera to it, and put a screen on your helmet, and use it to shoot around corners, like in ghost recon 2!

*note: it would work on any gun, but if you're going to splurge on a mini vdeo camera, and plus trying to waterproof it, you might as well use the most expensive gun you can....

Edit2: just thpugt of something else, you could have everyone on your team hook litle clips onto the bottom of their guns, so they could attach to a turret thing with a sheild and stuff, that would constantly feed your gun from a hose. or you could outfit it so it would attach to any gun , that would be cool. you could even mount a turret in the back of a pickup or gokart and put a big tank of water in the vehicle! (inspired by the Halo 2 warthog)

Edited By BlueMage on 1101853682
-The Wizard of Water

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 pm

For a cheap backup weapon, use an old Heinz Ketchup (Catsup?) bottle, the plastic kind. If you squeeze it hard enough, you can make a pretty good-sized stream of water. It's slightly larger than a XP215, but has a stream about that of a 2.5x on my CPS 2700.

This next idea would be awesome for a trap/base defense. Take one of those water sprinkler attachments for a hose (the Y-shaped thing with one/two rows of holes). Glue/epoxy one horizontal row of hoes shut, and slice the upper row together. Attatch it to a hose, and point it towards the only entrance to your base. Or put it on a rotatable turret. When you turn on the hose, the water sprays out in a solid shield of water, protecting your base. Extremely useful in 1HK!

OK, the last one wasn't quite ignored, but it would be useful.

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:01 pm

^ better Idea. fill an empty bottle of orange clean spray cleaner with water and put it on "stream" setting. shoots ~25-30 ft. with stream better than that of a vaporizer. all with one little finger squeeze! 409 works well too.