CPS is not dead - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:21 am

"CPS is not dead!"

That is a quote from one of my contacts whom I trust very much. Unfortunately, while the statement may be true, there currently is no verification whether or not we will be seeing CPS-based soakers in 2005. On the bright side, the statement does suggest that CPS-based blasters will return in the future... the question just becomes: when?

I'll push up whatever I can as soon as I can get more info.

:cps1000: :oo: :cps2500:
Soak on!
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:23 pm

Interesting, please post any other information you recieve. I'd love to hear of the possible return of any Super Soaker brand CPS. I am assuming that this is what we are talking about, considering that I am sure a HydroPower gun will be released next year.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:32 pm

Yes, we're talking about Super Soaker brand CPS. I don't believe there are any other brand CPS, actually. As you suggested, Water Warriors use the term 'Hydro Power' for their diaphragm technology-based blasters. Other product lines use other terminology, though the terms aren't coming to mind. :goofy:

:cool:

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:44 pm

!!!!!!!!

This just made me day. Come on Hasbro, don't let us down...
"...Yes."

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 pm

Just as I predicted, good move Hasbro, good move. :) Although the Hydro Power is driving up their power now, I will be buyin both brands of guns. As for next summer, I will be seeign you guys at Waterbridge :cool:

Edited By Iceman on 1099339813
_

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:16 pm

Yeeehawww!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 pm

Iceman wrote:Just as I predicted, good move Hasbro, good As for next summer, I will be seeign you guys at Waterbridge :cool:
Are you close to Waterbridge? Wow...sounds like you might have some great battles with Waterbridge and the CFM. :)

On topic: I certainly hope CPS is coming out again next year, AND that Hasbro bother to send out enough over here in the UK.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:33 pm

Weeeeeehehehe! That made me happy. :D

How credible is this source though?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:41 pm

How credible is this source though?

So far nothing ever relayed through this source o' mine has been false or over-exaggerated. However, my little word of caution is that there is currently no other news regarding actual release of new CPS blasters in 2005. Depending on things, we may need to wait another year since, more than likely, the blasters for 2005 have been designed for the most part already. Of course, Hasbro can surprise us and release a new blaster mid-year 2005, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too far. At the same time, a little bit o' good news is typically received well by the community.

I'll post up what I know when I get news, but I have no idea when the next bit of news will come (hopefully it'll be before the blasters are actually announced, but I can only hope).

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:18 pm

Fascinating. I'd like to see what kind of CPS stuff Hasbro can come up with after 2 straight years of kiddie toys.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:39 pm

Hmmmm. I'm guessing they will be made of or look like crap, but will be just as good as the last CPSs that were made (2100, 4100)
Growing armory: XP 310 shotgun, XP 150, Max-D 5000 with a CVF and custom handle, stock Max-D 5000, CPS Splashzooka 65oz, CPS 2100 (missing the trigger during modding), SC 400, ST Helix, STE Triple Shot, Max Infusion Defender, Max Infusion Flash Flood, Vaporizer, Max Infusion Overload.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:52 pm

I just hope they're not crappy cps guns. And yay! Maybe hasbro isn't an evil company like I thought before. And yay! See you in 2005 Jade.

Edited By NiborDude on 1099364710
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:09 am

Isoaker, who is the source of this info? Is it from a Hasbro representative?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:09 am

@ Monsoon - being optimistic, huh? *smirk* :goofy:

@ NiborDude - Hasbro isn't evil, but it *IS* a company. They do what they think is best for their bottom line. We just hope that those actions are in line with our desires. Choices to make particular types of blasters depend on how they see the market react to their products. We may think CPS sells well, but only they know the true cost-to-profit ratios for the different types of water blasters out there. Of course, hearing that "CPS is not dead" is reassuring to me since I love the performance of CPS-based blasters. :cool:

@ Falcon - due to an agreement I made with my contact, I'm afraid I can't give out any more information. My contact is well aware of the anonymous quote I made on the board and of this particular thread (not to mention well aware of the entire online community in general - I keep my contact informed and knowledgable of all the communities including SSCentral, Water-Talk, etc. ) Suffice it to say, I trust my contact's info. If anyone here doesn't trust the quote or trust me, that's fine, too. A bit of skepticism is good since, well, there's still no solid proof - no actual blaster to show off or test.

In the end, it's only 4 words re-quoted from someone. However, they are 4 words from someone I trust.

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:49 am

So call be a scrouge but we already know that CPS isn't dead. Your source isn't lying because yes there are cps blaster out right now. The 2100 and 4100, saying that CPS isn't dead is the same thing as saying "I will go to bed at 11 o' clock." You can go to bed but not to sleep. Of course being deceptive without lying is a forte of mine so I recognize when something isn't actually commiting.

Don't get your hopes up... this could mean anything from
a) Hasbro isn't going to go around the country burning ever CPS they can find
b) They aren't going to buy every CPS gun on ebay
c) They aren't going to discontinue the 2100 or 4100.

Then again I'm a pessimisstic, black hearted little scrouge... enjoy your holidays.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:21 am

Just to clarify one little point. When quoting "CPS is not dead" is not just akin to saying "Hasbro will not actively seek out and destroy every last CPS-based blaster on the planet" or "Hasbro will only continue pushing out CPS2100s and CPS4100s until every last man, woman, and child can possess one". What it is meant to say and imply is that Hasbro will produce more CPS-based blasters in the future. While the CPS2100 and CPS4100 maybe continued in the near future (I'm speculating here, now), there is also room for new blaster designs. Of course, one can still be pessimistic and say the future blasters may lack power or payload or look like some comic-circus-clown-from-Nepture-having-a-bad-hair-day and no one can definitively refute since there is no current proof otherwise.

However, I find the words re-assuring that perhaps... just perhaps... Hasbro is actually not just listening, but being a little more pro-active when it comes to the desires of the soaker community. The statement wasn't just pushed to give out false hopes as my contact has much better things to do than to play such mindgames. This contact is also not the one Cmdr.Bob had had issues with in the past.

In the end, I simply take the words as they are since my contact knows more about what is going on in the Super Soaker line than I do and is just stating what can be said at this time.

Believe what you wish and I'll do the same.

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:09 am

Alright...well hopefully this will turn into something but my philosophy is "expect less and you'll get more." I still harbor hope in hasbro but I won't let 4 words change my immediate views... don't get me wrong I'm still happy about the news though.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:15 am

USSA wrote:Alright...well hopefully this will turn into something but my philosophy is "expect less and you'll get more." I still harbor hope in hasbro but I won't let 4 words change my immediate views... don't get me wrong I'm still happy about the news though.
hehe.. in that respect, (i.e. expect less and you'll get more), we actually share the same philosophy. As you appear to be, I'm definitely still awaiting proof before hailing it as fact. Those four words, though, were nice to read.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:40 pm

NiborDude wrote:I just hope they're not crappy cps guns. And yay! Maybe hasbro isn't an evil company like I thought before. And yay! See you in 2005 Jade.

I cant wait either. I wont be exactly where you guys are, but a good car trip or so yes. :cool:
edit- will be getting my liscense too....

Edited By Iceman on 1099428040
_

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:57 pm

I hope they come out with something like the CPS 1700, so my dad can have a water fight with me.