Super Soaker STE Flash Flood Review!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Just wanted to push up a larger pic of the Flash Flood I got emailed to me from Ray.

Image used with permission. Not for redistribution.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:05 pm

The Return of CPS... this Skeptic has been convinced. Anything is possible!!

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:31 pm

Who care is they're not making cannons?

I do. They are extremely powerful, in short supply, and in huge demand, outside of this community too. Me and Doom were talking, and I agree we do really appreciate the compactness of the new guns. However how much power that comes out of the small soakers is left to be found out. My team and I hold bright hopes for the future.
_

Juno

Post by Juno » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:12 pm

Awesome! CPS has returned at last! I'm going to try and get all of this years soakers.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:25 pm

Flash Flood!

...too bad I got some shower curtain in that pic.. oh well... too hard to take.. had to try 8 times, nearly damaging my digicam in the process...

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:33 pm

Wow! Thank you Hasbro for bringing back CPS! Thats a nice picture. I can't wait to buy one. It looks so minuscule and harmless, but under the skin it is one hell of a gun. Damn I got to go to Target.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:36 pm

WOW! Now I want a flash flood.........
ImageImage

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:43 pm

I've hovered between feelings that I'm definately getting one, to feelings that I shouldn't. It has great power, good enough output, etc. But the stat that is troubling me is the range. 30-35 or so is terrible range. Even a heavy colossus probably wouldn't lift it above 50. And I can't get intertubes. So that pretty much rules out power modding. If only there were a way to boost the FF range without the need to colossus...:(

Edited By Duxburian on 1111113880
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:40 am

The SC 600 got 30-35 feet in range. Heck, the NI SS 100 shot that far, but the reason I quoted the SC 600 was that it is CPS. I have to dissagree with whoever said the Flash Flood has the same amount of power as the CPS 2000. If it does then why is the range so poor? Granted the nozzle sizes are different, but we should still see range around 40 feet. Are you guys sure that the range is only 30-35 feet? I find that hard to believe. The only CPS guns that had that poor range had less powerful firing chambers because they used QFDs. Oh yeah, and what's the range on the Aquapack devastator?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:01 pm

my FF is harder to pump than my 2100, doesn't that mean more powerful firing chamber? The path from the PC to the nozzle isnt exactly straight though.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:02 pm

If it does then why is the range so poor? Granted the nozzle sizes are different, but we should still see range around 40 feet.

Range is poor because, as the pic above partly shows, the stream spreads quickly after exiting the nozzle for the large blast. The small nozzle with the more coherent stream suffers in longer ranges the way other similarly sized streams do. However, I haven't actually tested the full ranges yet, though I can fully understand the previous reports on the general behaviour of this soaker.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:44 pm

Duxburian wrote:I've hovered between feelings that I'm definately getting one, to feelings that I shouldn't. It has great power, good enough output, etc. But the stat that is troubling me is the range. 30-35 or so is terrible range. Even a heavy colossus probably wouldn't lift it above 50. And I can't get intertubes. So that pretty much rules out power modding. If only there were a way to boost the FF range without the need to colossus...:(
Maybe a good weapon for CQC? ???

:soakon:
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:28 pm

^^^The Flash Flood is for CQC ONLY. It has no other practical use on any other part of the battlefield. Range for either nozzle is average or below, it's major advantage is that it's small and powerful - a hand cannon. If you try and engage an MXL user beyond 20, you're gonna get drenched. Inside 15 or so, you're probably going to drench the MXL. Same with a CPS2000. Lure 'em in close.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:22 pm

I am thinking about getting a Flash Flood, but there are things that make me want it and things that put me off it. I want it because of the thick and drenching stream on the Flash Flood nozzle but I am a bit put off by it because of the range.

:cps2000:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Adrian wrote:^^^The Flash Flood is for CQC ONLY. It has no other practical use on any other part of the battlefield. Range for either nozzle is average or below, it's major advantage is that it's small and powerful - a hand cannon. If you try and engage an MXL user beyond 20, you're gonna get drenched. Inside 15 or so, you're probably going to drench the MXL. Same with a CPS2000. Lure 'em in close.

Adrian

I dissagree with you. If you're speaking about a bunch of 8 your olds playing together I can see your point, but most people 15 or older should have no problem wielding a CPS 2000 or MXL. At close range they can hit you just as acurately as at farther off. Actually I think the best way to beat an MXL is to hit it outside it's range (if your gun has longer range). If you try to get close to a skilled warrior with a CPS 2000 or MXL you're most likely gonna get shot. Even if you're playing soakfest and not one hit kills they can just retreat from you and pump while retreating. I did that all the time when using CPS guns in soakfests, and it works well. By no means am I saying that those two guns are invincible, if you hide behind something or dodge them then you can kill them, but just going inside won't make a bit of a difference if they're good.

Edited By marauder_4 on 1111547193
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:29 pm

I dissagree with you. If you're speaking about a bunch of 8 your olds playing together I can see your point, but most people 15 or older should have no problem wielding a CPS 2000 or MXL. At close range they can hit you just as acurately as at farther off. Actually I think the best way to beat an MXL is to hit it outside it's range (if your gun has longer range). If you try to get close to a skilled warrior with a CPS 2000 or MXL you're most likely gonna get shot. Even if you're playing soakfest and not one hit kills they can just retreat from you and pump while retreating. I did that all the time when using CPS guns in soakfests, and it works well. By no means am I saying that those two guns are invincible, if you hide behind something or dodge them then you can kill them, but just going inside won't make a bit of a difference if they're good.

MXl's actually are very vulnerable and IMHO can be weak weapons. This applies really only for 1HK, as MXLs are great for soakfests. But in 1HK, range is important. From what I've seen in battles, the MXL simply cannot shoot very far. The young and inexperienced go for them because they are so big, but the user of a modded gun can outrange an MXL by potentially 20-25 feet or even more. The best way to beat one is to simply stand 50 ft. away and shower it with a modded gun. The user of the MXl has to get really close because the range is that bad. But a CPS 2000 presents a more dangerous threat, if you have one you should use the long range to your advantage. Sniping, skirmishing, but not CQC. The 21K [modded] surprisingly makes a great CQC weapon because I have never seen better sting factor. As for the FF, it could be used for ambushes or Hit-and-run. Backup is another viable option, but the decision is really up to the user. We can't tell you what is best for you individually.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:07 am

Maybe it could be used as backup weapon. Like when all else fails pull it out and use the flash flood feature.

:soakon:
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:16 am

Too big for a backup. It'd be comparable to using an Uzi carbine for backup. You're going to have to put a sling on it, there's way to make a practical holster for it, and even then it's going to be banging around and off you.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:57 pm

Too big for a backup.

IMVHO [In my very honest opinion] there is no such thing as too big for a backup. Having a weak backup weapon can be your downfall. I would not feel safe without a gun like a 21K as a backup. The 65ft range could force anyone back if I needed to refill my primary gun. Now compare that to if I was using an XP as a backup. The 30-35 foot range would not be so protective, would it?

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm with dux. I used to use my aquapak devastator for backup, a triple shot for backup backup, and two max-d 3000s for sidearms.
But that required I use a strap for my CPS 2100, and I made one out of string....it hurt my shoulders....I decided not to use a backup....oww.
My competion uses guns like the vaporizer anyways.

Edited By hunter on 1111622755
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."