What was the beast called?.... - Big long piston powered thing

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:56 am

I remember seeing a review of a HUGE piston pwoered super soaker once on the net. I can't rememeber its name, but it stood over 5 feet tall when fully filled with water. Does anybody know which gun I am referring to?

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:55 pm

There is a Power Soaker Cannon which fits this description, though numerous companies created similar blasters that did the same thing.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:33 pm

It may have been the power soaker. There's also another kind of stainless steel blaster(not made by super soaker), that fire over a 100 feet. It's a piston design.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:49 pm

Oh.. in that case, you're referring to the California Water Cannon. See http://www.california-water-cannon.com/

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:21 pm

There are various tubular piston soakers, the largest and most powerful probably being the Californian Water Cannon. The next largest is probably the 36" Stream Machine, which is 36" without the water. After you pull the inner tube back when taking in water, the length is around double that, which puts it in the range of your 5 ft description. That could be the soaker you were posting about.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:51 am

The soaker i was originally posting about was some kind of old super soaker. But yes, i have also seen the california water cannon, and i also know someone who used to have water fights with someone who brought one back from america, but this one had a reservoir. It fired about 70feet. Is there any super soaker that can defeat a california water cannon?

Edited By Nick on 1094986523

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Yeah, there is.
I think it's called the AnythingXP-150upwithagooduserbehindit-Gun.
The Cali. Water Cannon is overrated. All it is is a big piston. Nothing more.

Edited By Soakologist on 1095023619

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Nick wrote:The soaker i was originally posting about was some kind of old super soaker. But yes, i have also seen the california water cannon, and i also know someone who used to have water fights with someone who brought one back from america, but this one had a reservoir. It fired about 70feet. Is there any super soaker that can defeat a california water cannon?
There were never any large piston soaker made by Larami in the old days of the 90s as far as I know. Maybe your thinking of one of those giant "water bazookas" that preceeded air pressure soakers and continued to this day. Last year, I saw a SS "Mega Cannon" which was basically a single barrel tubular piston soaker as a promotional for the movie S.O.A.K.E.R.S. Talk about being early. It might fit your description, but it was a 2003 soaker, not an old one.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:51 pm

What is this "S.O.A.K.E.R.S." Movie I keep hearing about?

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Soakologist wrote:What is this "S.O.A.K.E.R.S." Movie I keep hearing about?
Although it dosen't have to do with the topic, I'll explain anyway. S.O.A.K.E.R.S. is a straight to DVD/VHS movie created by a company that makes movies for toy companies. Hasbro gave out rumors of this movie starting last year and it seems that the release date is set for sometime this fall. Otherwise, no one has any idea about the plot, characters, or how soakers will be portrayed in this movie.

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:17 pm

Field Marshal Yang wrote:There were never any large piston soaker made by Larami in the old days of the 90s as far as I know.
There were several ranging from the three-foot (five foot extended) Power Soaker Water Cannon to 1.5 foot variants that had water tanks attached to the top.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:17 am

ChrisReid wrote:
Field Marshal Yang wrote:There were never any large piston soaker made by Larami in the old days of the 90s as far as I know.

There were several ranging from the three-foot (five foot extended) Power Soaker Water Cannon to 1.5 foot variants that had water tanks attached to the top.
yes, I remember seeing it, it was stood next to a guy and it was as tall as him when extended. I remember reading 'you can fill it up from a sink, or if you're really feeling sadistic(or desperate) you can fill it up from the toilet'. Yes, it was a beast and I want to find its name.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:07 am

Nick wrote:
ChrisReid wrote:

yes, I remember seeing it, it was stood next to a guy and it was as tall as him when extended. I remember reading 'you can fill it up from a sink, or if you're really feeling sadistic(or desperate) you can fill it up from the toilet'. Yes, it was a beast and I want to find its name.
I remember the site...let me see if I can dig it up...
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:40 am

Soakologist wrote:What is this "S.O.A.K.E.R.S." Movie I keep hearing about?
Should be coming out soon. Hasbro got a different company to make the (new) GI Joe movie a bit earlier than the SS movie. I saw a commercial for the GI Joe movie yesterday, only on DVD I believe. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. I'll find a screen capture of the GI Joe movie so we know what kind of computer animation to expect, that is, if they make it similar to the SS one.

...I believe I've found something...

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/spytroops/p ... efault.cfm