SuperSoaker.com updated - at last

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 am

Finally, Hasbro have seen fit to release information on SuperSoaker.com on their 2005 blasters. Maybe they realised they'd better do so after BBT updated their site.

Arctic Shock

Flash Flood

Triple Shot

No sign of the AquaPak, though... :huh:
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 am

Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Though, you forgot about the Mt. Tiki Soki :goofy: It *IS* CPS-based, too!

At any rate, the Wookie Blaster was the first of the 2005 Super Soaker products to be pushed up onto the site, though not even the main page mentions the new S.T.E. line yet. You'd think that since the blasters have now been in some stores in January, the design team would have had images available to update their website sooner. :oo:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Maybe it's just me, but they look pretty small. Do we have any information on their rnage and stuff like that?

**EDIT** sorry sorry... wow, this stuff isn't so bad after all! The made CPS bold... I guess we were really annoying. 35 feet for the flash flood is nice compared to what we have right now here in Waterbridge. The mass soak option might be useful in ambushes. I feel better - I really should read the product descriptions before I get upset.

Edited By Belisaurius on 1112034299

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:24 pm

^ uh, which are you referring to, Belisaurius? With the exception of Mt. Tiki Soki, the rest of the 2005 Super Soaker line has been discussed in one form or another in the main discussion forum.

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:28 pm

Well they all look from the pictures like they are small and bad. I really should read. I was talking in particular of the Flash Flood and Artic Shock though. The Helix looks bigger and more powerful from the pictures, but they don't have range stats for it and it isn't CPS, right? lol I need to read the forums more too. I'm sure you've all talked about this already.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:44 pm

hehe... you might want to check out the threads in the main discussion area. You've got a little catching up to do. :)

There are reviews from various individuals available. I, myself, have pushed up a review on the Aquapack Devastator on iSoaker.com and plan on having one for the Flash Flood up by the end of this week.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:44 pm

The STE line isn't very weak at all. The Flash Flood's large nozzel is extreamly powerful. Much more powerful than all the ST and STE line combined! I mean, the size of the nozzel is bigger than the 2500's 20x! Plus it's a lot smaller (the soaker, that is). This The Flach Flood is proably the best water gun released since 2003! It's a real "Super Soaker". :p

Edited By Drewsky92 on 1112064328

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 am

Now if there was only a way to laminate the stream more because right now the riot blast has a really short range.....

@belisarius-if you IM me I wll get you upto speed on the '05 line.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Belisaurius wrote:Maybe it's just me, but they look pretty small. Do we have any information on their rnage and stuff like that?

**EDIT** sorry sorry... wow, this stuff isn't so bad after all! The made CPS bold... I guess we were really annoying. 35 feet for the flash flood is nice compared to what we have right now here in Waterbridge. The mass soak option might be useful in ambushes. I feel better - I really should read the product descriptions before I get upset.
The Flash Flood's normal nozzle does shoot 35". But the real show is the CPS power behind the obesely sized nozzle, which shoots 10" level, and 20" at a 45% angle. Too bad I got a defective one. It leaks soooooooooooo bad. The overall size of the gun is larger than the XP 270, and smaller than the 310.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:18 pm

But the real show is the CPS power behind the obesely sized nozzle, which shoots 10" level, and 20" at a 45% angle.

20"? That is literally less than 1/3 of the range of my 3 2100s. Having a nozzle that big certainly isn't worth the major sacrifice in range. I can barely even picture a nozzle only capable of shooting 20ft. My dollar-store pistol could outrange that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:29 am

20"? That is literally less than 1/3 of the range of my 3 2100s. Having a nozzle that big certainly isn't worth the major sacrifice in range. I can barely even picture a nozzle only capable of shooting 20ft. My dollar-store pistol could outrange that.

It's a 'riot blast' type nozzle that spreads, resulting in the poor range performance. At ~20', you'd likely be blanketing your target with a good coating of water (well, perhaps not a full head-to-toe, but at least full torso coverage). I'm sure the smaller nozzle on the Flash Flood gets better range than the large one. Sure, soakers like the CPS1200 may get better range performance in general, but the Flash Flood does a great job for its design, IMO.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:45 pm

I know, I'm just at that point where commercial water guns will never reach the ranges that I can get myself. Just like with homemades, if you get into range extension, it's hard to turn back. You look back and view 30-45ft ranges as mediocre. I was frustrated the other day while testing a modded 2100 because it was only getting range in the mid 50s. Of course I found out later that the check valve repair had a leak. Few people have seen the 60ft. or higher plateau, and once you reach that, regular ranges simply seem terrible. :(

Edited By Duxburian on 1112233596
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:54 pm

^ heh.. well, such is the plight of the modder/home-made water blaster maker. While I understand how you feel, unfortunately there are various factors (some admitted to while others not really discussed) that limit the possibility of mass-producing blasters yielding better ranges while keeping them marketable.

Hopefully with the return of new CPS-class blasters combined with added pressure from healthy competitors, we shall see a general improvement in the quality of soakers in the coming years. Of course, time will tell and we can currently only check out what is available and give our feedback to the manufacturers.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:39 pm

I got into that range obsession for a while, but I kicked out of it. I figure its more about the user than it is about the gun. I could see someone using a 21K and being taken out with a XP 310. I figure its better to have a balance. I use a CPS 1500. I find it to be the best blaster for me. Not too heavy, not light, shoots a distance I find acceptable. 60 foot range is nice to have, but you wont have it for too long if your guns keep breaking down.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 pm

I don't care if a gun doesn't shoot farther than 30", I only care if it has shorter range. my friends all have light rifle/pistol style blasters, so I don't have a problem taking them on, because my XP 270 gets good enough range, with 9 pumps. :)

Basically, I hate short range only blasters, but don't really need a 60" sniping range. CPS blasters are nonexistent around here. :( ('Cept mah FF. w00t!)
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:17 pm

@ Vaporizer - you're using the wrong shortform for feet. 30 feet = 30' ; 30" = 30 inches. I'd hope you'd want your soakers to shoot farther than 30" and get at least 30' range (except for fan-type blasts).

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:18 pm

Vaporizer gets that Hasbro marketing position!

*next year on TV*

MAX-D 26,000,000!!! WITH AWESOME THIRTY INCH BLAST DRENCHES THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

I can spit farther than the Max-D 26M!

Edited By Soakologist on 1113009552