Hasbro at it again

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:55 pm

I think that >7 is XPS, seven or less is just a BPC mod.

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:56 am

I used ten water balloons. They were really hard to get on so I decided to stop.
I'll bet my first soaker was worse than yours.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:54 pm

I tried XPS modding a Max-D 6000, but the balloons were too hard to get on past the fifth. It was a bad move, because one of the PC's new "bladder" burst, leaving the gun without a way to expel water (you can't have one CPS and one APS chamber). I had to do more "surgery" on the gun to get the balloons off. Thankfully, I was able to salvage the 6000 by just taking all of the balloons off. It's not as powerful as it would be as a CPS, but it really wasn't a bad gun to begin with.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:01 pm

Would it be possible to mod an air pressure PC to a diaphragm chamber similar to that of the Water Warriors line? Or is that impossible due to a lack of much knowledge on the diaphragm system?
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:11 pm

that really depends on the nature of the diaphragm altogether. i, personally, don't know how the system works. can anyone explain?

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:53 pm

leprekan wrote:that really depends on the nature of the diaphragm altogether. i, personally, don't know how the system works. can anyone explain?
Unfortunately, Big Bee never told us much about how the diaphragm pressure technologyworks, except for the fact that it has the same effect as Hasbro's CPS technology. Perhaps the next he pops up in the Buzz Bee Toys thread I'll ask him a question or two about it.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

CPS

Post by CPS » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:02 am

talking about old super soakers, i know a store that sells old soakers in summer, it has classic 40's, xp310's, cps2100's, sc triple charges, powerpaks and a couple of other old ones from ages ago(not new versions), in summer i will buy one of each! also is the classic 40 rare?
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:27 am

DUDE, what is that store called?
I'll bet my first soaker was worse than yours.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:16 am

Yang:From what I've observed diaphragm tech is pretty similar to CPS, but only half the p/c expands. The p/c is clamped down to a piece of plastic, and when you pump it, the top half bulges upwards. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:35 am

Timmitop wrote:DUDE, what is that store called?
I know what store he's talking about. It's a Toys "R" Us store, but it's in Canberra in Australia. I have actually called that store and they have nothing. It's all sold out. I asked if they had any in a storage area, and they said they didn't. So unless they have some kind of depot that sends out lines of soakers that were released years ago to stores every summer (which I doubt) then I'd say we're out of luck. CPS, you were just lucky that you found what you did (especially the Power Pak) while you still could. If you're lucky, there is a possibility that there is a depot that the stores send their soakers to in winter, but otherwise we're all out of luck. I do, however, have a couple of stores not too far away from me that have shelves lined with XXP 175s, CPS 2100s, SS40s and a small amount of various XPs and SCs. By the way, you did know that you can call stores far away from you and get them to transfer the soaker to a store near you, didn't you?

CPS

Post by CPS » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:28 am

I know what store he's talking about. It's a Toys "R" Us store, but it's in Canberra in Australia. I have actually called that store and they have nothing. It's all sold out. I asked if they had any in a storage area, and they said they didn't. So unless they have some kind of depot that sends out lines of soakers that were released years ago to stores every summer (which I doubt) then I'd say we're out of luck. CPS, you were just lucky that you found what you did (especially the Power Pak) while you still could. If you're lucky, there is a possibility that there is a depot that the stores send their soakers to in winter, but otherwise we're all out of luck. I do, however, have a couple of stores not too far away from me that have shelves lined with XXP 175s, CPS 2100s, SS40s and a small amount of various XPs and SCs. By the way, you did know that you can call stores far away from you and get them to transfer the soaker to a store near you, didn't you?

do you know how many trainee's the've hired lately? they still have them, trainee's don't know about the warehouse that toys'r'us uses for toys waiting to be sold, as a main portion of the shop is the shelving bit they have a small office away fom the customers that staff use so all the excess toys have nowwhere to be put so they are sent to that wherehouse that the trainee's don't know about.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:28 pm

wha wha wha? Can you please repeat what you just said, but use proper punctuation and grammar. I couldn't even understand what you're talking about. ???

CPS

Post by CPS » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:43 pm

i said that toys'r'us has a warehouse it sends its toys to that aren't in use, trainee's don't know about it.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:21 pm

Why the scruck would the trainee's not know about it?