Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
TheSoaker

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by TheSoaker » Sun May 31, 2015 9:19 pm

marauder wrote:Wow, that is really impressive. How did you fix the pump shooting? The XP 110 is one of my favorite weapons in that class.
Rubberband repair lol
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 am

That always eventually broke for me. Did you use glue or anything else with it?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:13 am

marauder wrote:That always eventually broke for me. Did you use glue or anything else with it?
Well since the line going to the pressure gage was broken I just filled it with hot glue and there is also hot glue holding the rubber band to the firing pin.
The rubber band is not under a lot of tension at all so it should last a while. I think the reservoir is still leaking just a little so ill open it up again today and take some pictures.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

jayblazer

Post by jayblazer » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Today I picked up a Buzz Bee Orca at one of my local thrift shops.. Its my first cps style blaster so its alright. I would really much rather it be Super Soaker but hey for $2 I will take it. I was honestly really surprised how heavy it was once filled up.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:08 pm

The Super Soaker brand has been in decline for arguably over a decade and now performs at the same level (or actually, worse) as unbranded crap sold in dollar stores. Buzz Bee is the premier brand these days. Orcas are pretty good, they'll outlast any smaller CPS in a fight, that capacity is huge.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 pm

An Orca for $2 is a steal... I'd gladly take it off your hands if you're not interested. I got interested in the Orca after reading the RM Classics on SSC. If you haven't read them - go there now.

jayblazer

Post by jayblazer » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:08 pm

It's a brand thing for me. After using it all day its a beast of a blaster. But I have listed it in the marketplace. I would just rather have a Super Soaker.. If your interested head over there and make me an offer..

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:50 pm

In an OCD kind of way I can kind of understand why you'd want Super Soakers only.. and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I find myself often contemplating what the most "hardcore" armory would look like and then I get OCD about that, though I rarely make changes because of it.

On the flip side, Water Warriors was actually founded by old Super Soaker employees, and so your Orca is actually made by more of the same team that produced the CPS 2000 and the XP 150 than the Nerf Super Soakers are.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:54 pm

I've been on quite the thrifting quest lately. I have hit not one, but TWO new value villages for the first time! Tremble in fear...

But before that....

That's right boys, I picked up a CPS 1200 at my local VV in near-perfect condition for only 5 bucks.

I also snagged a Vortex crossbow. I love these goofy nerf ring shooters, they are super rare and probably the last nerf things I will collect. Now I really need to find the firestorm!

I left an SS 100 for 5 bucks, the pump had a bad seal and wouldn't pressurize the chamber. Should I be buying these things?

So, I was working in an area I had never been to before, and I spotted a value village along the way so I planned on dropping in. I found a pair of Pulse Blasters:
Not really interested in these guys, unfortunately...
I also found a red and yellow Helix along with the classic purple/white/green that most people have seen.
Almost bought it, but it's just a Helix and I have two already. I did, however, buy two Virtual Paintball guns and another red LTTO, which brings me up to 6 VP and oh god I have no idea how many LTTO's.

During my travels I headed out to the lake and had an epiphany- There was a new Value Village that had just opened in town! I headed down there. I found an Aquazooka (Which I mistook for a Stream Machine) that I purchased (Regrettably?) along with the first LTAR I have ever seen in bad condition. Missing the battery cover and tray, which is nuts... and a second one in similarly bad condition.
Second LTAR (not pictured) had the tray, but was missing the V sight. For only 3 bucks I guess I can't complain.

On my way back home I drove right past a Value Village (I was a little lost) and didn't realize it until I was already home. Blast! I will return...

That means, out of the 15 (Now 14) Value Villages within my reach, I have visited at least 11 of them. One day, maybe my quest will be complete. One day...
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Picked up a Mark 2 QFD for 6$ from Talize. Naturally, they put it into a bag with a flashlight and some kind of vacuum filter.
And I have conquered the Village on the island of Annacis. Huzzah!
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:18 pm

That SS 100 you left is worth more than everything else in all of those pictures combined, when in working condition.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:02 pm

I have seen maybe 8 SS 100's on my adventures in decent condition, maybe more that weren't so good. They are much more common than the other SS blasters so I never buy them.

How much are they worth? If it's over 40$ it might be worth my time, otherwise it's just a hassle trying to sell it on Ebay.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:49 pm

$100 at peak lol.

Stevec

Post by Stevec » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Does anyone here think that a CPS 3200 in amazing condition (with backpack, connector, all stickers in excellent shape, etc) is a good buy for $100? Trying to contact somebody who has one and is willing to sell locally.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:48 pm

Stevec wrote:Does anyone here think that a CPS 3200 in amazing condition (with backpack, connector, all stickers in excellent shape, etc) is a good buy for $100? Trying to contact somebody who has one and is willing to sell locally.
From what I've seen $100 is a good price for one in working condition, especially during the summer. I'd probably go for it as rarely do I see 3200 for less than $150.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Stevec

Post by Stevec » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:15 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:
Stevec wrote:Does anyone here think that a CPS 3200 in amazing condition (with backpack, connector, all stickers in excellent shape, etc) is a good buy for $100? Trying to contact somebody who has one and is willing to sell locally.
From what I've seen $100 is a good price for one in working condition, especially during the summer. I'd probably go for it as rarely do I see 3200 for less than $150.
I agree. I'll definitely pick it up this week then.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:28 am

Duxburian wrote:$100 at peak lol.
DX, I was looking at the prices on your site but it doesn't look like it's working anymore.

I'm looking at a really beat up CPS 2500 on craigslist for 100$. I'd like to tell the guy he's nuts, but it would have been nice to have some recent statistics.

And if I see any more of those SS 100 I'll pick them up. Although, I should try and sell the one I have first.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

I don't have time to keep the database updated manually or add new prices. It won't be relaunched until I can figure out a way to automate that data collection.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Yeah, I hear you. Checking 1-4 times a month for sold listings takes quite a bit of time. It would be pretty cool to write a program that would do the searching for you... hmm
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:40 am

OK well I've picked up a few small things recently.

First, I talked down a nice fellow on ebay who sold me this for 50 bucks:
No strap, no stickers, no problem. Shoots water like a miniature cannon. Perfect.

After snagging that little beast, I spotted these two beauties on craigslist for 40$ apiece.

These puppies are in *good* and *excellent* condition, complete with straps. And they can shoot with a nice big "poof" of air. I will have to field test these guns methinks.

It's been a good month. XD :cps2500:
I find 'em, I fix 'em.