Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 am

marauder wrote:Is there any way of finding out what the blasters that didn't make it looked like?
Of course there's a way to find out what blasters that didn't make it looked like.

Chances of being able to share that type of info? None

Why? Simple - if something didn't make it one year, it doesn't mean it will never make it. Sometimes, what's old can become new given enough time and the need for a "new" look. An old proposed design that was never released will still make a new design to the public eye.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. What about the chance of telling if there are any models that were released which were originally rejected for a previous year?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 am

Oh... those hand models are cool! I really like the Vanquisher one. I STILL don't have one of those yet. And I remember when there were a dozen NIB on ebay for donuts, er cronuts? 15$ each. But anyways...

So after being sick for almost a week, it was time for another thriftpedition. This one took me about 4 hours, searching at a leisurely pace and hitting five stores. I skipped my local VV.
My resulting haul was three water guns and a wafflemaker. For under 15$.

First, I went to mcfancypants VV. There I found this:
A Lanard SuperCobra. It's another upside-down gun with quirky colours, like the Stinger. The handle under the barrel slides forwards and back to rotate the nozzle left and right 45 degrees, and the pump in front pressurizes the blaster. The pump extends through the gun and into the center of the reservoir, and the intake hangs just a little too high off the bottom. So yeah, it's a PR blaster. It even has a little mirror on the sides of the turning nozzle (so you can see who/what you're shooting around a corner?)

It was 4$, and even though it was interesting I DID NOT buy it. It's not valuable (right?) and it's not cps. OK, maybe I should go back for it? It's kind of cool, and maybe rare.
Next...
[Forgot to take picture! One yellow/blue, one blue/orange/green] *EDITED* Now there is a picture. Enjoy.

I found two XP70's at the secret village, for 3$ apiece. Seeing as I only have one (I think???), and it's an XP, and people were going nuts about XP's before I bought the pair. Not bad.

But the real surprise was my last stop- a small Salvation Army near where I live. This is the store where I never find anything. And look what I found:
A complete CPS 2700 for 5$. Score! I was shocked. All I could do was grab it and walk up to the cashier to buy it, no thinking required. I'll find out later how well/if it works. *EDIT* Works great, except for a strange squeaky sound when you pump. The pump head might just need to be lubricated. Oh and it had some dirty water inside...But now it's all washed out. *EDIT*
I can't tell you how thrilled I am to finally have the purple nozzle cover thing. XD

This is why I have a rule: Go thrifting at least once a week. Especially on Wednesdays.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:31 pm

My interest for Super Soakers has drained off a fair bit now, but I still and have recently gotten a bit more reignited as I received a new XP 15 2000 edition today. Mainly got it for fun and also some taking care of some pests use. Like it a lot, especially the design, simple and clean lines (I prefer it design wise over the 215 and the 1998 version XP 15's), nice power for the size, and a lot better and more powerful than the oddly designed and shaped XP 15 from 1998 I had ages ago, also seems more powerful than the SS 10 I once had. Funny how even a small pocket sized air pressure blaster Larami made way back can outdo the piston/motorised crap Hasbro puts out now at around the same capacity/size. I'm quite happy and relieved that it works all ok to be honest since the last two blasters I got didn't, one is salvage and I'm trying to fix the other when I get round to it.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:46 pm

I remember liking the 2000 colors of the XP 15. The 215 seems awkwardly designed. I found an SS 10 on the side of the road. It never shot more than 10 feet. The SS25 was probably my tiny blaster of choice.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:29 pm

I didn't mind the SS 10 although admiteddly it did not shoot too far, not the best small blaster but I liked it, wasn't the most popular or raved about when it came to online reviews/opinions but I wouldn't class it under the worst blasters made pile. It was released over 20 years ago now I think, hard to believe it has been that long.

Even though I've never owned a 215 I'm not a fan of it's design, likewise it looks awkward and I just prefer the more simple almost 007 type gun look of the 2000 XP 15 before it.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:42 am

DukeSoakem, I love pocket sized pistols but strongly disagree with you on the 215's "awkwardness" I find that an adult hand fits very well on the grip. And in such a size limited weapon the very space efficient design lets it hold twice the water,and achieve 50% more output in a very slightly smaller form factor compared to the more attractive 2000 edition XP 15.

That said I still need to get tubing and fix the SS 10 so that I can have a second working pocket pistol.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:23 pm

So I traded one of my CPS 1500 for two CPS 2100's... one of which is broken, and one of which works great. Thanks ritz!

I've been meaning to finish repairs on the 2100 for a while, but, you know, life happens. Also, the ghetto VIllage and a Starvation Army closed down, and I have only been able to check my local VV for the past couple of months. One day I will have to go on a thriftpedition to the fancy VV, the hidden treasure trove VV, and Talize. The ones closest to me are rather mediocre, unless you like crappy nerf guns.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Splatterpunk

Post by Splatterpunk » Fri May 15, 2015 7:51 am

They're not all called "Sphynx"!

This 'air pressure' version is named the same as my 'hydro power' one.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (152.24 KiB) Viewed 15915 times

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat May 16, 2015 11:44 am

Received a new XP 75 in the post today, the more later classic series version. There's no riot blast on mine but I still like it, I had a 75 years ago which I liked so it was good to have one back. Surprisingly though this one is from 2001 looking at the 4 digit number on it and also having it come with the 2001 Super Soaker leaflet. I'm guessing that was most likely it's last year.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Sun May 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Is that the blue and orange one? I love that color scheme. The silver and blue are kind of metallic which reminds me of the cps 2000.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 am

No its the original yellow, gray and green colour. I think they are the same version though just a different colour.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 am

The XP 75 has the best-feeling trigger of any soaker, in my opinion. It's a lot like a real firearm. Just be careful with the stubs on the reservoir. If they get worn down, the tank is liable to blast off when you pump it up. It's funny for those watching, but you end up getting soaked, haha.

I haven't obtained a soaker in a long time. I think the last one was the 150 that I bought from Duxburian at the Grid Code Nerf war over a year ago.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon May 18, 2015 4:17 pm

I do wonder if the classic series release is prone to flying tank syndrome (although at the same time don't really want to risk finding out!). I know with the original version it seems more prone to it due to the half twist reservoir which if the threads get worn there I can see it being far more prone to the tank going like a rocket if it is pumped up a bit too much. The classic series release has an improved 180 degree twist which I'd imagine is a bit better for that, mind you if the threads wear down too much again I can see it happening there. The screw on reservoir unlike the XP 95, 105 and 150 acts as the firing chamber as well being a PR blaster so there is a bit more pressure/stress on it there. I'm pretty happy mine works to be honest but I'm making sure I don't wreck the threads.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue May 26, 2015 11:28 pm

I've been cruising locally, still no bites. Sad to say, haven't bought any water guns in a while. I have seen the new WW Waterlord at walmart for 25$, hope they go on clearance.

There's a pair of Aquapack Devastators for 50$ not too far away to drive. I have no clue on the condition, I suppose they probably work. I haven't done anything yet with those. I figure, I have two already. And I should let the owner simmer at that price. What do you think, should I get these and for how much?

I saw this cool thing a few weeks ago:
It's like a knockoff Triple Shot from last decade, with only one central nozzle that looks to be controlled by a pinch trigger. US NAVY SEALS, huh. Did not buy.

I saw these at my local Canadian tire:
They are lever action spray nozzles, one has a large SS300/XXP275 ish handle and the other a simple thumb control. I wanted something like this to use on the river cannon I intend to make, but it needs to have more output. I wonder if these could be modified for higher flow volume.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am

If that Navy SEALs gun was actually any good, I would get one and replace "U.S. Navy", with "Catskill Mountain", haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 28, 2015 12:33 pm

The military line has a couple additional models, including an Army version. However, they were retailing for $20 at Rite Aid, which is way too much for a PR with build quality comparable to Swimways crap.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri May 29, 2015 12:05 am

What a day. I finally went on a massive thriftpedition. I hit up a total of 5 Value Villages, including two I have never been to before.

I started by driving up to the hidden value village. They had packed shelves but were sorely lacking super soakers. They had a broken flash flood for 5 bucks, but from my own personal experience with fixing flash floods I wasn't about to start purchasing more broken ones. Bust.

Then I ventured further north into unexplored territory. Into the beyond, so to speak. There I found a value village tucked away at the side of the highway. Went around, found the entrance and went in. All the shelves were lined up with housewares and all the clothing racks were packed with clothes. At first, I couldn't find anything. But then in the corner... the motherload.
This was the first thing I spotted, the pile O' guns. There was a Sonic Stampede (missing the battery tray), a pair of XP 310's (one black and one silver) and a whole smack of Flash Floods. The more I looked around, the more guns I saw. Mostly nerf guns, the kind of stuff I used to buy, and some cheaper/newer buzz bee air/water guns.

I still couldn't believe it, there must have been four or five dozen medium-large guns on the racks, on the floors all around that area. Even little toy bags crammed with nitefinders and reflex shooters and dollar store guns. I have never seen so many guns in one thrift store before.

And that's when I started noticing something. The prices were insane! They wanted 10$ for pretty much every gun. 6$ would get you a plastic bag with a nitefinder and a couple of darts. The xp's, the Argons, the Gargoyles and Avengers and Tarantula (no batteries ]: ) and Steady Streams and Flash Floods were all 10$. You have got to be freaking kidding me!

I mean, normally I would have picked up four or five things for 3-5$ each. So, like 15-20$. Instead I would have had to pay 50$ plus tax! No freaking way. I mean, maybe if they were CPS or some older XP's it would have been worth it, but man. The prices just blew me away. The store may have been packed, no crammed full of items, but the prices were so high it was unbelievable. They had an NES for sale with one controller and Duck Hunt/Mario Bros for 64.99. Holy cow batman! I could buy a PS2, PS1, gamecube and an NES combined for less than that at a different Village.
Did I mention they had a silver gamecube+ controller for 80$? Bunch of nutjobs.

So, I will return to the "Ungodly" village one day, since clearly they have a high volume of goods. Maybe I'll get lucky one day, but I'll be damned if I buy something for triple the price that I've bought before for less.

So after that trip, there was another Value Village not too far away on the other side of the highway. So I figured, let's do it. I arrived in an industrial area, and there it was. It was a huge warehouse-looking room inside, more so than usual, and that place was packed with clothes. In the back there were at least 6 people sorting clothes onto racks. As far as the stuff I was looking for, I only found another iffy Flash Flood. Bummer. At least it was only 3$.

Utterly disappointed, but still determined, I headed to the fancy VV. There, I found two Pheonix LTX for 6$ apiece. Score! I love these lazer tag guns, and they had the shotguns to boot. You may notice, the gold one is missing the sight attachment. I went back to look for it and .... bam, found a Speedloader 2000 under a stuffed monkey. My first water gun purchase!
The local VV had nothing of interest, sadly. But all in all, I drove 80 km and spent 3 hours to search some of the best VV's in the area. I think it was worth doing, at least once! I really want to go back to the ungodly VV after a few weeks. The warehouse VV, meh not really.

The most common thing I saw on this trip were Flash Floods, at least 5 of them.

Well now, I have been to 9 different local VV's (if you include my ghetto VV which closed :[ ) and I plan on seeing the tenth this summer (it just opened in the town by the lake!). Who knows, maybe I will visit every single Value Village in BC. Pillage the Villages!

On another note... In memoriam: the ghetto VV.
Finds: Monster X, CPS 2500 x2, CPS 1000, ...
Tiger Sharks, Orcas, Scorpion, countless other small finds
a whole whack of broken flash floods
and at least seven gamecube & N64 controllers for under 4$. I will miss thee...

Oh and in other news:
What is this? 189L roughneck storage totes, which happen to be just long enough (40 inches) to fit a CPS 2500 lengthwise... several CPS guns, actually. And I bought four of them... in preparation for all of the guns I just picked up today and brought home.

Which means, I finally have my ENTIRE collection under one roof. Woohoo! Now I have to count and make sure I actually have all these guns. :P

That means, one day I can probably do a complete collection picture. But it also means I should probably do A LOT of performance testing, numbering, organizing, maintenance...

Ah, one day. Today, life is good.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Hit e'm hard n hit e'm fast! XP 110's got the blast! :D
Was pump shooting, needed new seals, pressure gage line was snapped and had a leak at the seem in the reservoir but I fixed it!

super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun May 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Wow, that is really impressive. How did you fix the pump shooting? The XP 110 is one of my favorite weapons in that class.