Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by marauder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm so jealous. I love 600s. Also, pretty funny about the 1200.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:40 pm

So I went to a couple of garage sales, and for 5$ I got these:
My second Vector rocket launcher for 2$ and a 3/4" brass valve for 3$.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:52 pm

So today I went on a thriftpedition. First stop was the ghetto VV by the mall. I walked in there, expecting nothing. First thing I found was a "Rapid Fire" ball gun. Nothing exciting. Then, I saw a kid holding another RF ball gun towards the end of the aisle. As I walked that way I walked into another, bigger kid about 3 feet tall carrying a CPS 2500. While ogling the CPS 2500, I asked, "Are you going to buy that?" He said yes. I was not deterred. I asked, "Do you have any money?" He said yes again, and I believed him. I leaned on the shelf and then I asked, "Does that gun even work?" He said, "I don't know. Probably not".
These 2 kids were just standing around with an older girl (probably their sister). My mind whirred with plans to get that CPS out of his hands. Could I convince him the gun didn't work? I walked back and forth along the toy shelf thinking. Could I bribe him 5$ just to hand it over? 20$? I looked along the shelves. Could I find something else on the shelf that I could convince him to buy? I kept pacing. Could I grab the gun and make a run for it??
And then I noticed that he leaned the CPS 2500 against the wall and was standing a short distance away looking at books. I said, "Hey! Are you going to get this?" He said "No". I grabbed it! The CPS 2500 was mine!
It wouldn't air shoot, so I hoped it did work. The price sticker was peeling apart and I practically shouted the barcode number after the attendant tried to scan it several times. The stickers don't scan on a good day... and when I finally got home, did it work at all?
I meant to take a picture of the 20X shot, not the 10X, but let's just say it works perfectly.

This gun is amazing. Everything is intact- Nozzle Selector, Reservoir Cap, Original Strap, All stickers. Very few scratches, no rust anywhere. This thing was kept indoors for years! Physically it must be a 9/10. It does make a slight squeaky noise as you pump. Still, for 8$ it was an incredible find, just like the first CPS 2500 I found at VV.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:39 am

So I went on an EPIC THRIFTVENTURE, covering 5(!) value villages and 2 salvation armies. I started off by going to a Value Village far, far away, that I have only been to once. The basement is a big mess, and among some clothes there I found this:
A Vindicator, with a broken trigger for 4$. I think I can fix it.

Unfortunately, all of my usual haunts were rather lacking in quality. Sure they had some stuff (asst. nerf and water guns), but nothing as good as the Vindicator.

On a random note: How much are the mini super soakers worth? Are there any ones that could be considered 'rare'? I know that they made them for the SS and CPS lines, along with some XP's, but I don't really know much.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Now it's been a while... but I've still been busy. I was out in the boonies for a little bit (where I found a very strange dollar store) that had some useful things for sale.

First, I found these little garden hose nozzle dealies: (The green one and the brass one)
For the price, I was a little hesitant. The orifice (orifices?) was about 1/8". I'm thinking that I should have bought them.

Then there was this thing, at Salvation Army last week (now gone!):
Brand new in box, but junk. Didn't buy it.

And today I bought this:
An Aquapack Devastator for 8$. Sweet.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Hey Soakinator, welcome to the ghost town that WWN becomes when a community war hit's. :goofy:

We really need a southern league group The closest war to my house is Soakmore, even that is 8 hours away by car.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Are you going to use those nozzles for modding? I'd love to see some pics and stats of the different nozzles in use. Also, I absolutely love the Aquapack Devastator and it really upsets me how they always break. I need to go up into my parents attic and commence with trying to repair them.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Would you say it... really devastates you how they always break?

I'd like to use those nozzles for a homemade, actually. Problem is they are over an hour away.

This Devastator is a little leaky but the backpack seems to be in good shape. What exactly seems to "always break" on yours?
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Soakinator, It uses a Max-D valve need I say more?

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am

I've had 3 different Aquapack Devastators and the Max D firing valve/spring system broke on all of them. This has happened to other members I believe as well.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

So today I got some new super soakers! And it was quite the surprise...

On craigslist, I find an ad for Super soakers. The guy lives very close by, and he has a CPS 1000, SC 600 and a Max-D 5000 for sale, all working. So I message him, he wants 8$ each or all 3 for 25$. (?) I offer to buy two, he counters with all three for 18$ and he'll even deliver. Bonus.

So today, the guy shows up and opens his trunk. Surprise, surprise, there's a FREAKING Splashzooka in the trunk, and a QFD. He explains that although he originally planned to keep it, he decided to part with his Zooka today, and by throwing it in for the low, low price of 25$. I tell him, I was going to give him 20$ for the three guns, period, forget 18$. That was my plan from the start. And, I wasn't going to take the Splashzooka for 25$. He said, ok. I can have all the guns for 20$. Sweet!
That is some rough latex paint on the Max-D 5000. I'd like to turf that gun for sure...

So as far as I'm concerned, today I got a Splashzooka and a QFD for FREE. Today was a great day.
Last edited by soakinader on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:08 pm

So... do you ever discuss with these people why they are selling their guns and if they ever fight anymore? Good buy though, the top 3 are some of my favorite and even the Max D 5000 is pretty powerful. Those MD 5000 colors are much better than the original release.

Splatterpunk

Post by Splatterpunk » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 am

After my lucky find of a Hydro Powered Sphinx I also found a Gorgon at the same shop which I snapped up - I was a little disappointed by it's maximum output (high expectations) but I did love the abundance of nozzle selections and the big reservoir. Thinking that I'd never find a Hydro Powered Gorgon (even 2nd hand) I was still pretty happy with what I did find, and then this new in box RipTide popped up last week!

I believe it's a Hydro Powered Orca, just renamed and in a different colour scheme for the U.K. (The filler cap is on top of the reservoir so I assume it's one of the later ones - essentially the same as a Hydro Powered Gorgon but with that electronic power meter). With the limited availability of good water blasters over here, I'm pretty happy right now.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (113.98 KiB) Viewed 16970 times
Last edited by Splatterpunk on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:47 am

That looks so cool, Why wasn't that the default colors ? but If I were to mix and match I would use the red casing with the gorgon's shade of yellow and make it look 2700ish.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:22 pm

That's really great. I do like all 3 color variations that I've seen. Would you mind testing the range and maybe output? Taking some shot pics perhaps?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:09 pm

So my latest thriftpedition was a bust. PS: Don't go thrifting on Friday afternoons!
I did find a nice working XP 110, and for only 4$ but I just couldn't buy it. I have enough duplicate XP's, but for some reason all I can find are 110's and 65's.

Then we have some nerf guns:
A sharpshooter 2, I used to have one of these when I was collecting nerf guns. Don't mind the NSS Double Drench lying behind it.
I actually just bought a Sharpshooter and an AT1K in a toy bag for 2$ as well.

A pair of cyber strike comm link guns. I wonder how much these are worth?
And last, but not least, this little semi-auto turret gun. It has some power behind it, would have been a great mod as I've never seen one before.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh man, the Sharpshooter II. I think I have one of those in my basement still.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 am

Any idea how much it would cost to send a 110 to the US?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:08 pm

If I were to sell an XP 110, I would guess the shipping would be around 15$. If I were to plan things out though, I'm sure I could get a USPS flat shipping rate by sending it on one of my trips to the USA.
The question is, how much is an XP 110 worth to you? To me it's worth around 4$ XD but if I get around to selling them I would a bit more :P. Heck, if there is a demand I'll start buying XP's as long as I can sell them somewhat quickly, for a small profit. As a collector I simply didn't need more than one or two of the dozen XP 110's I've seen over the last two years.

I picked up these two guns last week from the same VV as above. The Comm Link 2 guns were still there. Now I have 2 of each Super Charger 400/500/600, and the green flash flood is just nifty.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

You live in a goldmine. I don't need any more guns right now. I'm just not in a good position. I graduate in May and then I'll be moving and settling down after that. Once that's done then it's time to reevaluate the armory and possible start stocking up again. Right now I'm just trying to get my Gorgon and Pool Pumpers fixed.