Stinger! - It's a great gun.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Peeko

Post by Peeko » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:21 am

I recently bought a Total X-Stream Stinger. I brought it home and tested it . Went about as far as my CPS 2100 (about 11m) Has anyone else got one and found the same thing. I know it isn't a Super Soaker brand but it is still a great soaker. I might attempt a reveiw on it later. :;):
I am one with the water

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:18 am

hehe... I picked up one of those and am planning on reviewing it (real life has had be postpone doing a few reviews that I'll hopefully be able to do later this month). That said, feel free to push up your own thoughts on this soaker in the form of a review. More opinions are better than just one.

:cool:

Edit: oops, I goofed. I have a Air Pressure X-S5.0, not a Stinger. Looks similar, but is a larger version of the Stinger. :goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Lanard's soakers, though most pump-action ones, are far superior to those dime-store water guns that use either squirt or pump-action technology. They are more durable, made out of better plastic, and have good nozzle sizes. I have a X-Stream Blastermaster 660 and it has power comparbale to a large XP/MAX-D soaker but without the time-consumption of pressurization. What's more, it was only $8. I recommend you get some for back-ups.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:23 am

Yeh, I got my Stinger for 5 bucks on Ebay. I actually had one already but now the pump doesn't work and the trigger is broken.:(
I am one with the water

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:39 pm

Although most of Larnard's soakers are pump-action, some of them employ air pressure. Is the Stinger one of the air pressure soakers or is it part of the pump-action majority? Also, how much was shipping on the Stinger you won on ebay? One more thing I'd like to note is that Lanard dosen't have a complete list of all of its 2004 soakers on its website or its packaging. I'd like to see if anyone has a complete list.

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:22 am

The Stinger is air pressure and I didn't have to pay postage because I picked it up. Normally it would be 7 AUD for nationally or 14 AUD for worldwide. I would also like to see a list if anyone knows where one is.
I am one with the water

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:39 pm

If you could compare the output of the Stinger's stream to that of a Super Soaker, which soaker would it be? Unfortunately it's broken now so I guess you'll have to guess based on your past experiences firing it.

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:45 am

Actually , my old Stinger broke and my new one works perfectly. (Sorry I didn't explain well) I will have to test it this weekend.
I am one with the water