** PICK YOUR FAV! 2006 Review Contest Poll - Pick your favourite review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

2006 Review Contest Poll - Pick your favourite review

Review 01: WW Piranha
4%
Review 02: Max Infusion Defender (2006)
22%
Review 03: Flash Flood
4%
Review 04: WW Blazer
4%
Review 05: Max Infusion Flash Flood with Overload backpack
9%
Review 06: 2005 Blazer Model
13%
Review 07: Super Shooter Pump Cannon Shotgun
22%
Review 08: 2005 STE Flash Flood
13%
Review 09: Max-I Defender
4%
Review 10: Triple Shot
4%

Total votes: 23

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:54 pm

Please check them all out BEFORE submitting your vote. Here are the links to the reviews:
Review 01
Review 02
Review 03
Review 04
Review 05
Review 06
Review 07
Review 08
Review 09
Review 10
---------------------------------------
There are a lot of different and unique review styles from various members here at the iSoaker.com Forums. Member names are not included with the reviews (though some review styles are somewhat obvious). Please do not announce who wrote which review until the contest is over.

Poll will be open for roughly 1 week. Review with the most votes will be deemed most popular/winner of the 2006 iSoaker.com Writing Contest.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:19 pm

I am assuming that authors of submitted reviews should not vote... :;):
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:05 am

I assumed that authors could vote for themselves...

Edited By Spinner on 1152774369
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:52 am

Anyone can vote for anyone... including authors voting for themselves or voting for another author.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 am

oh man I thought it wasn't aloud so I put null vote dang

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:04 pm

i'm pretty sure that the authors did vote for their own, but oh well. man, a lot of the reviews are reeeeeally obvious who wrote them. I wish i could comment on a few but unfortunatly that wil have to wait untill after the voting process. glad to see so many diffrent reviewing styles used for such a short list of soakers. it seems as if everyone put their own touch into it which again, makes it obvious who wrote them but also makes them diffrent from each other. hopefully people will vote for the best review not for who wrote them. also, is there any sort of approch that someone should take to review the reviews or do they just go one which one they liked best?
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:43 pm

also, is there any sort of approch that someone should take to review the reviews or do they just go one which one they liked best?

Well, there is really no such thing as the 'perfect' review. There are some review formats that are better from an informational standpoint while others show creativity or add a nice, personal touch to them. In the end, for the sake of this poll, it's really a matter of just voting for what review YOU enjoyed reading the most. The one you vote for doesn't necessarily mean that it represents the preferred style for all soaker reviews, but the one out of this set you liked the most.

There are some interesting aspects of all these reviews and some ideas I may incorporate into future reviews I write.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:48 pm

I need to log off for tonight soon and there doesn't seem to be much voting activity left. However, there does appear to be a tie for most votes. As such, another poll will be created with just the two top reviews.. Review 02 and Review 07 to decide who gets to claim the grand prize and who ends up as runner-up.

In addition, just wanted to say "Thanks!" to all the review contest participants. All reviews will end up posted on iSoaker.com (on the appropriate page) after the contest is over.

Soak on!