WW vs. Super Soaker - Which do YOU like more?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

WW vs. Super Soaker - Which do YOU like more?

Super Soaker
47%
Water Warriors
11%
Both
11%
Undecided
21%
Other
11%

Total votes: 19

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:18 am

Me, I prefer WW myself. I don't know why, but the quality, feel, and look of the guns they produce simply amaze me.
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:50 pm

Super Soaker. None of the Water Warrior guns can even begin to compare with the power of the old CPS guns, and even the new Super Soaker guns I think are better than WW. On the other hand, at least Buzz Bee toys is looking at our input, and making progress on their guns. Hopefully soon they will make guns that are more powerful than the old CPS.
ownage

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:08 pm

definetly super soaker because of the old cps guns. Even this years ss line is better than ww line of guns i must admit though the lighting's largest nozzle is very powerful
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:45 pm

SuperSoaker OWNS WW. Even the STE line has more power than WW. They do have CPS, but it's not that powerful come on guys. I will admit that it's alot more durable than the Max D trigger system, but there's still the CPS 4100 and old guns as far as that's concerned. SS owns.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:09 pm

Neither/both/undecided/whatever. I don't prefer one brand over the other, I judge it on a soaker-by-soaker basis. Would I take a nearly new CPS 2500 over a Blazer? You bet. Would I take a Pirahna over an APD? Of course. I have no brand loyalty, I just buy good products.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

RadeonMaster

Post by RadeonMaster » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:52 pm

2 votes for water warriors?!? Wow.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Homemade. I have no brand loyalty, nor have to depend on companies for new guns. If they won't give me new powerful guns, I'll just make my own. When I do have to buy, super soakers [with spherical pcs only] trump all the rest. I don't judge based on stock preformance, so that elevates the value of spherical pcs even more for me.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

CPS

Post by CPS » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:58 am

^ i too have little brand loyalty but if i had a choice it would be the old cps linup.
i have also had some bad experiences with ww and i dislike them ( its not brand loyalty though just a duopoly in that i happen to hate one of them)

to the first post, sooo... you like the horrible bright colours, the feel of the plastic with that horrible spit in it and the feel of your hand being crushed by the small grip, yet at the same time continue to try to fit your hand in that tiny hole ww has the nerve to call a grip!

back on topic (damn did it again!)old cps soakers are (for a lack of a pun/strong enough word) much better than that stinking pile of '2005 linup' buzzbee dares to add to the pile of crap soakers, furthering the pile of crazy clints horrible out of the 'box' (plastic bag) has a leak in it 'soakers' and the sheildblaster shudder

let me think back on old times (2004), my first battle with the krypton and my first battle with a 2005 ww gun:
reluctantly i had to let one of my friends use my gun as i had opted to my trusty xp110, later, in the heat of the battle (3 vs 2, me on the smaller team) i had a chance to test the krypton, my friend standing there giving ma a wierd 'stay away' look he shoots at me with the krypton, i flinch wondering "is he going to fire" then relising the small-arse beam of water had hit me, so i walk up to him (while he continues to fire) and start soaking him, he trys to run but didn't go that fast with the weight of the bloody thing..

thats why super soaker are just plainly BETTER than ww soakers

home mades are good as well
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:55 am

So your saying the 2005 SS are better than the 2005 WW? For one thing, WW is not as big a company as Hasbro is. And on another note, I was trying to cmpare the newer 04/05 guns, not th old ones. Maybe I should've said that in my first post...oops :blush:
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:06 pm

CPS, because you have big hands, dosen't mean WW isn't better than SS. Guys with big hands means that you're older, currently SS and WW make water guns for the little kids. It'll be a few years until we'll start to see some remakes or new, more powerful blasters.
And WW never had old soakers, or a "golden age" so SS got an advantage.

Anyways, I'll go with what Adrian said, it's not about brand loyalty, but rather the blaster itself.

:cps1000: :blazer:

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1125695164
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:11 pm

Most everyone here is talking about the old CPS soakers, I was trying to see who liked what for the 04/05 lineup of guns. Oh well. SS seems to be the leader, but you never can tell :)

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:19 pm

The monkey's opinion on choosing a gun: Hit 'em with a piston soaker in the face (Don't really, only the monkey should do that).

The monkey's opinion on brands: For all of you power hungry noobs out there, and for the select few who posted in this forum, if you think comparing a CPS 2000 with a WW Piranaha is a fair comparison, you NEED TO GROW UP. That's it. It's my rant for the day.

My brand: Anything that puts water on someone I'm attempting to get wet. That's the point.

secondary smaller afterthought rant: The Super Soaker that made the legendary CPS guns is not the Super Soaker of today. It's basically two different companies. Water Warriors is a new line and already they are dishing stuff out that would kill anything Super Soaker made that early on in thier corporate existence.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:22 pm

Super soaker. I just cant stop thinking about the old CPS guns. Not saying that I hate WW guns, but I just prefer SS over them.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:25 pm

I thought this was about the 04/05 soakers!!!!
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Still I'm going for SS.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:34 pm

wetmonkey442 wrote:The monkey's opinion on brands: For all of you power hungry noobs out there, and for the select few who posted in this forum, if you think comparing a CPS 2000 with a WW Piranaha is a fair comparison, you NEED TO GROW UP. That's it. It's my rant for the day.

What's a noob supposed to mean?

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1125707786
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:39 pm

I think it's someone who has never actually looked at the guns, but just wants the biggest one.

CPS

Post by CPS » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:57 pm

comparing a cps 2000 with a piranaha IS a fair comparison, they are both made to be pumped up then water shoots out of there respective nozzles (hopefuly soaking someone) hence putting them in the category of: WATER GUN, the topic being WW vs SS, SS being the clear winner, if you haven't noticed they have a few advantages: first REAL water guns, more powerful, more of them ww MIGHT catch up but will never be better than ss as there are 'power restrictions' according to those evil people that got the cps2000 off the market (a long time ago)

EDIT: are you calling me a powerhungry noob?, i may be power hungry but am certainly NOT a noob! *friends pull me back from the keyboard yelling "its not worth it, don't start a flame!"*

Edited By CPS on 1125709207

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:58 pm

It's true. It's really true.

CPS

Post by CPS » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:01 pm

whats true, DAMN IT MAN, SPEAK PROPERLY!!

*STARTS FOAMING AT MOUTH*

Edited By CPS on 1125709376