Guns to Get

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Ok, the 11th Vermin War is this June and I need guns. I'm not sure how many people on my team will be able to bring their own guns. Right now I know of four people who will definitely be coming on my team. One has a CPS 2000, one has an old SS 100, and one guy has a CPS 1500 and an XP 65. One other guy doesn't have a gun. I usually have anywhere from 8-20 people on my team, so this is just a basic taste of things as of now. My team is trained, but we don't all get together so much anymore because we are all middleschool to college age and quite busy. Anyway I don't know how many people will be able to bring their own guns, so I must be prepared. This is my arsenal as of now:

CPS 2100 (recently fixed)
CPS Aqua Pack Devastator
CPS Flash Flood
2 XP 20s
1 SS 200
1 SS 40

I also have these guns
1 SS 10 fully functional but worthless except for the novelty, I'm willing to sell it
1 CPS 3200 under repair
1 lost CPS 1500 which I think I left at my cousins' in Maryland
1 lost XP 270 I think it's in Maryland also I'll ask them to look
1 CPS Stone Cold which the pump is broken off inside the shaft. If anyone thinks they can repair it then they can buy it from me for $2

Anyway, here's the thing. I need some good reccomendations as to what guns to get. I mean current guns because those are the most readily available. From the Vaporizer all the way on up. Guns that I didn't list because I don't have experience with. My team relies on speed, stealth, and raw power. No gun is too heavy for any of us, but money is a key factor here as I can't spend too much. I need some good reccomendations. Thanks.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:18 pm

cheap guns eh? Use squirt pistols! lol just kidding...try the BBT line of guns...they're a lot cheaper than SS...

max-d 5k's for $10
xp 70's for $10
cheap hydorblade on ebay

Edited By hunter on 1113524532
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:45 pm

Liquidators or Triple Shots would be my best recommendation. Flash Floods if you can swing the financing, though Pirahnas would be better and cheaper, and if you can get an FF you can get a Blazer.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:42 am

Blazer vs Flash Flood: overall, I believe a Blazer user could come out on top since the Blazer has better average power and more capacity, but up cloase, the Flash Flood has the advantage thanks to its 'Flash Flood' nozzle.

As for cheaper soakers, XP270s, Lightnings, and Triple Shots are what I'd recommend in general. Vaporizers are pretty good soakers, too. I still like the Helix for closer-range area attacks, but I don't recall current pricing on it.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:00 pm

Blazers, definately. Avoid max-d triggers.

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:17 pm

he cant find blazers locally, he has found lightnings, and he's going to get one.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

perilous

Post by perilous » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:23 pm

What guns to get really depend on what exactly you will be doing. Like if you are going to be running around a lot you would want a light weight gun or a backpack gun. Simplily say what you will be doing, and you will get much more focused advice.
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:36 pm

I can run several miles with the CPS 3200, weight is NOT a problem for me. Bulk might be, but the only bulky guns I can think of are the CPS 2700 and Monster XL and it's not likely that I'll see any of those. I need some guns for base defence and some for attacking.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:42 pm

marauder_4 wrote:I can run several miles with the CPS 3200, weight is NOT a problem for me. Bulk might be, but the only bulky guns I can think of are the CPS 2700 and Monster XL and it's not likely that I'll see any of those. I need some guns for base defence and some for attacking.
For base defense, the glow blaster works well. It just has a slow reload rate.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:44 pm

Definitely Pirahnas and Blazers. Thinking from a firearms perspective, a mid-caliber rifle like an FAL, an M1A, or an AR10 is the best all around weapon to have in terms of offense and defense. The Blazer fits that category better than the Pirahna, but the Pirahna makes up for it with its manueverability.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

hunter

Post by hunter » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:18 pm

Uh...wats a glow blaster?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:22 am

hunter wrote:Uh...wats a glow blaster?
I believe it is a Water Warriors piston gun.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:56 am

The Glow blaster is definitely a Water Warriors piston gun. Seems to need batteries to glow, though. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:32 am

i see. doesnt seem veryu battle worthy.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:38 am

You might want to consider arming your team with small sidearms. The Storm 500 is on sale for $5 in K-Mart, and the WW Wasp for $3.46
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:23 am

What's the wasp like? I have a two pack of XP 20s and they are great. They have great range and power and they are so easy to pump that you can unload the whole reservoir at full power in less than a minute.

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:00 pm

get a belt, use aquapack and put in in the belt as backup and just wear the back pack. for speed and stealth, i reccomend triple shot or liquidator. for a bigger weapon, get any cps.
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: