Soaker Tag Line - What to get from it?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:22 am

Over here in Australia, it's in the middle of winter now. So in summer the Soaker Tag line should be released here (I hope). I want to be prepared and know what I want to buy. I don't particularly LIKE the Soaker Tag line (from what I've heard), but there's virtually no other option in Australia. When the new Water Warriors line is released, I'll get some of them too.

I'm asking you if you have any info on the Soaker Tag line that could be usefull. Stuff like "This one is great, you should get it!" and "Don't get this one because....". Basically I'm asking for any special reasons to get/not get one of these. Also, has anyone actually used any in the line? If so I'd appreciate any info one the way it performs.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:05 am

The only SoakerTag gun I have tried is the Helix. It's alright, I guess. I tried the Wasp also, and I like it a lot. It has a relatively big stream (both of Helix's combined about) and is easy to pump.

It all depends on what you want from a water gun.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:38 am

I really like the feel and behaviour of both the Liquidator and the Helix. Of course, neither of these soakers are heavy hitters, more like good small skirmish soakers and back-up blasters. There are no true heavy hitters in the SoakerTag line with the Triple Aggressor giving the most punch of the lot, but that punch is minimal compared to the CPS-class soakers of yesteryear. The Hydroblade has limited capacity and is usually ridiculed for having its foam blade (though I actually like the spray pattern the blade makes though it also gets the user a little wet). However, the Hydroblade has limited water capacity as well and no separate pressure chamber. The last of the lot, the Vaporizer, is the smallest Power-soaker-based SoakerTag. It is decent as a small back-up, but doesn't have as much punch as the pressurized soakers can deliver.

For those looking for sheer water power, keep a look out for CPS-class soakers on ebay (or the rare, rereleased CPS4100 sold in some stores). SoakerTag soakers are good for what they are, but they just aren't one-hit-drenchers.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:32 pm

Umm... I feel stupid saying this but what is a Wasp? I have never heard of it.

Rereleased CPS 4100? I've never seen a CPS 4100 in all the stores in my state. I'll keep a look out though. The only CPS I've seen in my state is a CPS 2100 and CPS 1200. You can get CPS 2100s almost anywhere, except there are only two more CPS 1200s in my state left (to my knowledge).

As for eBay, well, lets just say that Australian eBay isn't very useful at all. You'll see maybe one soaker on AU eBay about once every three months. And they're rarely CPS. I can't order from America because of the darn postage costs.

So basically, until I see some 4100s in stores, I'll just have to wait for the Soaker Tag line, even though as you said, they aren't one-hit drenchers.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:51 pm

A Wasp is part of the Water Warriors line.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:10 pm

Go with the Manta Ray! It's the best! :p

I'd recommend either the 3A or the Liquidator. They're the only airpressure guns of the lot, which is saying quite a bit.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:42 am

I would buy 2 Liquidators. I can't find any real practical use for anything else in the Soakertag line.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:03 am

For the Soakertag line, I went for the Liquidator.

Light, shaped like an SMG, and no gadgets.
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:45 am

Adrian wrote:Go with the Manta Ray! It's the best! :p

I'd recommend either the 3A or the Liquidator. They're the only airpressure guns of the lot, which is saying quite a bit.

Adrian
Uh, the Hydroblade uses air-pressure as well... most just don't like the 'blade' part. (I just wish the blade portion had a spray guard for the user, but like the spray pattern.. oh.. and it needs a separate pressure chamber, too)
:goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:59 am

I would avoid the Triple Agressor because of its high price ($20 US). If you'll remember, the CPS 10/12/2100 had that same price, but the 3A has a smaller capacity, pressure tank, nozzle, and is sans-CPS. It's simply not worth the money. Like iSc recommended, I'd go with the Helix and the Liquidator. But beware, the Liquidator might be named "Pressurizer" in Australia, so watch out. If you'll note on eBay.de, some foreign guns are renamed. For instance, the Secret Strike was called the "Blast Fire."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:31 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
Adrian wrote:Go with the Manta Ray! It's the best! :p

Adrian

Uh, the Hydroblade uses air-pressure as well... most just don't like the 'blade' part. (I just wish the blade portion had a spray guard for the user, but like the spray pattern.. oh.. and it needs a separate pressure chamber, too)
:goofy:
I got caught...I feel stupid now. You're right of course, the Hydroblade (as well as the AS line) are ALL airpressure.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:37 pm

I would avoid the Triple Agressor because of its high price ($20 US). If you'll remember, the CPS 10/12/2100 had that same price, but the 3A has a smaller capacity, pressure tank, nozzle, and is sans-CPS. It's simply not worth the money.

Hey cloud, don't forget 'a nearly-useless Soakerball'. :p
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:37 pm

Ah! You caught me. I forgot the sponge which is attached to the gun, as well as the pistol which is more powerful than the actual gun. :goofy:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:00 am

Soakologist wrote:I'd go with the Helix and the Liquidator. But beware, the Liquidator might be named "Pressurizer" in Australia, so watch out. If you'll note on eBay.de, some foreign guns are renamed. For instance, the Secret Strike was called the "Blast Fire."
I can't imagine that the Liquidator would be renamed in Australia. They were changed in Germany and other countries, but they speak different languages so they might have different meanings, but since Australia and the United States are both English speaking countries, I don't see any reason why they would bother to rename it. It would be pretty funny though if something happened like the Triple Aggressor was renamed as the "Double Attacker" and had the mini backup pistol removed. :goofy:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:59 pm

I think I'd buy some Double Attakkars (SP on purpose) if they made them. That sponge is simply... useless.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:28 am

Soakologist wrote:I think I'd buy some Double Attakkars (SP on purpose) if they made them. That sponge is simply... useless.
Yes, that sponge is incredibly stupid. The last thing you want to be worrying about is retrieving the sponge in the middle of an intense battle. Hasbro could have replaced the sponge with something useful like a water balloon filling compartment. Now THAT sounds like it would be useful. You attach a water balloon to the bottom, turn the liitle lever and it fills it for you. Replace the Air pressure PC with a CPS one, make the mini backup pistol have a 2x nozzle and you'd have a decent soaker.

Speaking of the Triple Aggressor, Has anyone looked to see if the mini backup soaker has a CPS Pressure Chamber? Also, What's the nozzle and the range like? (Of the mini soaker)

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:14 am

Falcon wrote:Speaking of the Triple Aggressor, Has anyone looked to see if the mini backup soaker has a CPS Pressure Chamber? Also, What's the nozzle and the range like? (Of the mini soaker)
The pistol with a CPS Chamber? That's not possible, especially if the main gun was an air pressure. As for the pistol range, check Isoaker.com.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:34 pm

Falcon wrote:
Soakologist wrote:I'd go with the Helix and the Liquidator. But beware, the Liquidator might be named "Pressurizer" in Australia, so watch out. If you'll note on eBay.de, some foreign guns are renamed. For instance, the Secret Strike was called the "Blast Fire."

I can't imagine that the Liquidator would be renamed in Australia. They were changed in Germany and other countries, but they speak different languages so they might have different meanings, but since Australia and the United States are both English speaking countries, I don't see any reason why they would bother to rename it. It would be pretty funny though if something happened like the Triple Aggressor was renamed as the "Double Attacker" and had the mini backup pistol removed. :goofy:
It's illogical...but over here in the UK, the Liquidator is called the Pressurizer.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:14 pm

If you do everything Falcon did and make the main nozzle a 5x, you'd have a really good gun... right now it's simply mediocre-to-subpar.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 am

Soakologist wrote:If you do everything Falcon did and make the main nozzle a 5x, you'd have a really good gun... right now it's simply mediocre-to-subpar.
Yes, if the nozzle of the Triple Aggressor was 5x, it had a CPS Pressure Chamber, the sponge was replaced with a water balloon filler and the mini soaker was CPS with a 2x nozzle then it would be a great soaker.
Veteran, it could be possible to have a CPS mini soaker as long as the force pushing on it from the pressurized air was greater than the strength of the mini soaker's PC. The mini soaker's PC wouldn't need to have huge strength anyway because it's not supporting a 20x nozzle.