which is better for battle - i need to know which is better forbattle

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

which is better for battle - i need to know which is better forbattle

on foot
92%
bike
No votes
car
No votes
truck
No votes
minivan
8%

Total votes: 13

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:02 pm

the car and truck ones are a bit of me daydreaming of it cause i cant get them although a mini van would be good

:wb1: :crazy: :wb2: oh and i cant get a minivan either :'(

Edited By Triforce Elite on 1114815856
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:07 pm

On foot of course. Not too many people bring vehicles to a waterfight.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm not sure about the usefulness of this particular poll. While I've known of soaker battles involving motorized vehicles (anyone see the Ferrari and soaker pics?), there is much more danger in larger accidents if care isn't taken not to mention most people soak on foot.

Vehicles are alright for use in transport, but not for actual soaker combat.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:46 am

Fighting on foot opens up the very most types of terrain. All other methods can be countered by using forests or even paths behind houses and so forth. Plus, you get more exercise!! Using a bike even limits your mobility and mobility is often the key to a battle. Any enemy commander worth his salt has methods of preventing vehicles and bikes from being useful. Sure, there are mines and thorn bushes and so forth, but foot is still more versatile.

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:41 pm

For the leader of the triforce elite, this guy dosen't appear to know much abuot waterfights. :D

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:52 pm

Hey, watch the pokes.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:26 pm

Broncostar, i was asking for peoples opionion on transport,not their opionion on how much i know about waterfighting. plus my team is the Triforce Soakers my name is Triforce Elite. Plus i think you'd agree that you're much more of a noob than i am.
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:28 pm

isoaker_com wrote:I'm not sure about the usefulness of this particular poll. While I've known of soaker battles involving motorized vehicles (anyone see the Ferrari and soaker pics?), there is much more danger in larger accidents if care isn't taken not to mention most people soak on foot.

Vehicles are alright for use in transport, but not for actual soaker combat.

i ment use of transporting to the battle of course. :soakon2:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:08 pm

This topic IMO is ripe for closure. Any mods/admins agree?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:11 pm

Nevermind. Poke away...

:wb1: :wb2:
:cps2000: :baby: :cps2500:
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:25 pm

Triforce Elite wrote:Broncostar, i was asking for peoples opionion on transport,not their opionion on how much i know about waterfighting. plus my team is the Triforce Soakers my name is Triforce Elite. Plus i think you'd agree that you're much more of a noob than i am.
Total grammatical errors: 12.
It appears you never learned to capitalize your I's. Not to mention it's spelled opinion.
Why would I consider myself inferior? "Oh noes! He has more posts than me AND signed up earlier!" Because of these two pointless facts, let's bow down and declare him supreme!
How can you be the "leader of the Triforce Soakers?" I don't get it. Nevertheless, I will continue to declare my supremacy.
Your poll? Pointless. Why do I care whether I drive a minivan to a water gun fight, or go on foot? I agree with duxbrian and freinds: This topic is ripe for a lock.
I don't want to start a war. Hopefully, I'm allowed to have an opinion, so this post dosen't give me a ban, like so many other fails of a message board I've been to.
Now, look. I'm not in any elite water fighting community. I don't have a driver's liscence (as I am but 14 years of age.) I don't have annual tournaments. I don't discuss water gun strategy during mealtimes.
The best strategy? Don't care about getting wet, rush the other team and shoot.
Them: "Oh noes! I'm being shot with water!"
Me: "Why the frick should I care? It's 95 degrees outside. If I could immerse myself in a pool of water, I would."

Back on topic, now. Well, back off topic. I have one more thing to say.
In my opinion, water gun fights are being taken too seriously. It appalls me to see middle aged men with a stack of water guns outside. It's depressing. I love water guns, but even I think I'm a bit too old for them. None of my freinds even own water guns that they play with anymore.

I see people discussing strategy. I see people with camoflauge, along with their modded guns. I see people discussing trap setups that, if I was to fall into, would not care in the least.

Water guns, my freinds, are great, non-violent fun, and if you enjoy it, go ahead.
However, I do believe they can be taken too seriously. I don't know how else to say it, but get a life. No offense.

My final word: you may spend hours of time on strategy, gun selection, modifications, repairs and the like, but to most of your freinds:
It's just water.

Peace. I'm out.

Broncostar

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Sun May 01, 2005 8:38 am

When we post just to argue about grammer and complain about who is more knew than someone else, the Soakage Network balances on the very fine line between sensible complaints and ridiculous whining.

In urban/suburban battlefields having a car actually COULD be useful. I think that biking is more effective for scouting and so forth in an urban/suburban environment but cars could be useful for transporting larger numbers and especially in cities where biking could be more dangerous.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 01, 2005 8:53 am

I fear this poll, while not necessarily bad in overall concept, has a flaw with how it was executed. As opposed to being a poll, it probably would have been better simply discussed (i.e. what other methods of transport apart from 'on foot' are useful in water wars and why?) Others have noted the usefulness of vehicles from bikes to minivans and I even recall some people using RVs and small ATVs to get around larger properties quickly, transporting fellow teammates and/or supplies.

However, to prevent further degradation of this thread, I'm locking it.

Oh, when it comes to grammar and spelling, I do let a lot slide on this board. Nitpicking on someone's spelling and/or grammar errors just looks bad on the corrector. There are more positive and helpful means to get another to post with better clarity. Everyone is entitled to opinions, but here, only up to the point wherein that opinion becomes potential fuel for a pointless flame war.

Here is about soaking. All participants here should appreciate that. If not, you shall be pointed elsewhere.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: