Commander's gun - What to get?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:58 pm

It was my unfortunate realization yesterday that my SC600 probably isn't going to be the best gun to use for the upcoming war. I like the gun, I like the handling, I like everything about, but I just can't soak with it. The range seems to be par or slightly under, pushes 22 feet I'd guess. Well anyway, Kmart put all their guns on clearance, 25% off. I'm wondering if I should get a Blazer ($15) or Lightning($12). The Blazer seems a little bulky to me, at least for the power and capacity it has (Big Bee, any compact rifles coming out next year?), but it has 2 p/cs, which is a bonus. The Lightning seems like a slightly better buy to me. I don't know why. Something about it screams commander's gun. It's a nice light rifle and gets the same range as its big brother. I'm between a rock and a hard place here. Any recommendations?
Oh yeah, and they have a Hydroblade. Is that something I should consider getting to use in a serious war? :p

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:20 pm

I would look on ebay for a medium CPS gun like a 1000, 1500 or 1700. A Blazer wouldn't hurt either.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:15 pm

If you like the Lightning (or Piranha if you see one), pick up the box and grab the trigger grip area in the hand you'd use during a battle. My only real complaint on that soaker is that the grip is uncomfortable for me due to limited space. Otherwise, it's a schweet water gun. That said, any light-to-mid sized soaker would be good. No need for a 'commander' to have the biggest or most powerful soaker. However, you want a soaker that will do you well. My personal choice would be a Monster (2001) or CPS4100 if you could find one, but I've also 'led' an attack using a CPS1000 (back in 1999).

:soakw2000:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:26 pm

I definitely don't want something big. I can't handle the big weaponry like some people, I'm not the biggest guy around. I want something light, that will fill the void that was occupied by 600.

It has to be something that's easy on the water supply in addition to being light and powerful, where we're gonna be fighting, refills will be few and far between. Right now its between the Pirahana and the Blazer, as those are the only viable options I can find in stores. I don't want to go with ebay. It probably wouldn't get here in time, and it's too expensive.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:37 pm

i have a cps 1700, and i think that would make a good commander gun. i personally am a commander but i have a plan. i'm going to work with one other guy as a mobile sniping team. but still command using radios. the 1700 has nice range, nice power, good nozzle selection and everything else. its a great all-around soaker for a commander that still wants to fight like another foot soldier.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:10 pm

I thought the 1700 had one nozzle, but upon looking it up at ISC I found it had two. I had no idea a blaster was made with a nozzle selector of only two sizes.

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:05 am

If I was commander and I had your choice of weaponry, I'd stick with the SC 600. Then again, the Blazer isn't a bad gun at all. If you are really wanting a new gun for your war, then I'd go with the Blazer.

:blazer:

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:12 am

I'm thinking that at 25% off, you could buy them both for just $27. That' a pretty good deal, but then again, I'm prejudiced.

:soakon:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:40 am

Big Bee wrote:I'm thinking that at 25% off, you could buy them both for just $27. That' a pretty good deal, but then again, I'm prejudiced.

:soakon:
LOL

At any rate, I've yet to see an Water Warriors blasters on sale, but I keep my eyes open. I have seen the Water Balloon Filler on sale, though.

As for blasters, the Blazer is a more 'commanding' blaster over the Lightning, but either (or both) would do, too. :goofy:

:cool:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:11 pm

Exodus wrote:If I was commander and I had your choice of weaponry, I'd stick with the SC 600. Then again, the Blazer isn't a bad gun at all. If you are really wanting a new gun for your war, then I'd go with the Blazer.

:blazer:
Yeah, but like I said, it just can't soak. It's got great shot time, but the range is barely par (or under), and it doesn't have the power that I need.

Isoaker (or anyone who has one)::Which gun (Blazer or Piranha) has the best shot time, and which conserves water better?

Big Bee:I'd get both, but this is likely going to be my last war (maybe even my last big fight) and I don't want to spend $30 bucks on 2 guns which may not get used that much after this year.

Adrian

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:28 pm

Compare 'em here: Blazer VS Piranha

For your two questions, Blazer wins in both. However, it is an overall larger soaker, too.
:cool:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:38 pm

I'd go with your guts and get the Lightning. I find it a more well-rounded soaker. It's not quite as awkward as the uh, Blazer.

:cool: ?!

Edited By Soakologist on 1090525160

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:54 pm

It looks like my decision has been made for me. Kmart ran out of Blazers. I'll probably get a Pirahna sometime this week. I'll let y'all know if/when I do, and how I like it.

Adrian