Acquired the XP150 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Acquired the XP150 - ^

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:08 pm

Well, I've had the New and Improved XP150 for awhile, but never an original... until now! (Thanks, Rak!)

This soaker in particular looks well used and has seen many a share of battles. The trigger mechanism seems to stick open from time to time, but will close eventually to allow better pressurization of the PC chambers better. Since I've never handled a new original XP150 when they first came out, I can't tell how well (or poorly) this soaker is behaving. However, it performs pretty well from the limited shots I've fired (heck, I'm at work so I can't just go hosing down co-workers... or can I? :goofy: ).

Will write more on it later, but likely not 'til after all the newer soakers are reviewed.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:59 am

Nice one! The XP 150 is one of the guns I would really like to have, most of what I hear about it is very positive, in fact it's really a legendary gun! Enjoy using yours!
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:08 pm

Same here as well. I really want one as well. The thing that makes me want it most is the fact that it has a riot blast nozzle on it as well as being powerful and easy to use at the same time.

:bm1000: :blazer:

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:46 pm

Uhh, the nozzle isn't really a riot blast nozzle. It actulaly is pretty laminated for an air pressure soaker.

Edited By Drewsky92 on 1112136434

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:48 pm

Drewsky92 wrote:Uhh, the nozzle isn't really a riot blast nozzle. It actulaly is pretty laminated for an air pressure soaker.
It's considered a riotblast nozzle since the original nozzle is relatively easy to remove, exposing the 'riot blast' aspect. The XP150 and XP75s are, to my knowledge, the first of the soakers that led to the introduction of the term 'riot blast' in the soaker-world.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:14 am

My XP 150 has the exact same problem your XP 150 does iSoaker. I have found that you can close the valve by pulling the trigger forward and then getting one pump in to let the pressure keep the valve closed. :cool:

I could have tried the rubber band or spring repair, but this simple solution works well.