just bought the 05 line - in it's entirety

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:27 pm

I just came back inside from testing out the new guns. Totally awsome. Anyway the flash flood is one of my favorite soakers now. The triple attack is one of the best handguns around as it's large nozzle got me surprisingly wet soley from the splashback from my shower wall. The devastator isn't all it could be but a major step in the right direction. The arctic shock is definatly lacking something... just a seperate pc gun with a ice cube holder...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:39 pm

Sounds good! Push up pics and more detailed reviews if/when you can! Colour me green... :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:04 pm

Congratulations. Maybe you could post some reviews as well.

EDIT: Sorry about the redundancy; I didn't read the first reply. :crazy:
EDIT#2: How difficult would it be to dual-wield either the Flash Flood or the Triple Shot? Those seem to be designed for such a purpose, but the Flash Flood seemed kind of big.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1106702104
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:04 pm

Ussa, I hate/love you. Why do I always get the new soakers last? Anyways, could you give us more info on pricing, range, aproximate stream/nozzle sizes, resivoir sizes. The triple shot is the soaker I want to know about most, I don't really care about the others. As for you Isoaker... *Pulls out a permament green marker*

olorins

Post by olorins » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:33 am

Nah, spray paint's quicker. Them soakers sound good. I'd be getting the Flash Flood if it didn't cost so much over here (£19.99)... Oh well, there's always the sales just before the next catalogue comes out...
Every day, in every way, they're getting wetter and wetter.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:53 am

As for you Isoaker... *Pulls out a permament green marker*
Nah, spray paint's quicker.

Sheesh! Least you guys haven't opted for tattooing! err... :goofy:

Anyhow, for those in the NY area, Toy Fair be happening in the next few weeks. I just don't currently recall the exact date. Unfortunately, it tends to be closed to the public... sigh.

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:38 am

All prices are in US dollars

Triple Shot - $9.99
Arctic Shock - $14.99
Flash Flood - $19.99
Devastator - $29.99 (yes that's correct we passed the 20 dollar mark)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The following are shots at a 45 degree angle. I'm using a tape measure and yes these are the ranges I'm getting
Please note that since I'm shooting on my street it's not perfectly level. I'm shooting with the wind up a small hill.

Triple Shot
normal - 30'
large - 38' (it's a pistol!)
mist - N/A it is purley mist, completly useless

Arctic Shock - 37' (that's farther than it says on the box!)

Flash Flood
normal - 36'
gernade launcher - 30' (to the farthest drop, approximatly 20' effective range)

Devastator - 36'
Triple Shot
normal - 5 seconds
large - 1 second

Arctic Shock - 4 seconds

Flash Flood
normal - 7 seconds
grenade launcher - <1 second

Devastor - 6 seconds (though it has a slightly bigger nozzle than the flash flood
Other notes - my devastor had a leak around the filling area and since my mom feels imbarrased driving me to return water guns (and hence won't do it) I fixed it with a touch of epoxy.

I've noticed that the artic shock has a devastatingly short pumpshaft requiring many pumps for a gun of its size. (The triple shot has a longer pump!)

Another problem with the Arctic shock is that the tube in the handle requires a fairly slow pour. In short you simply can't shove it in the sink at full blast.

Yet another flaw with the arctic shock is the icicle holder is very unstable in the freezer, it almost fell over hence getting me in trouble.

On yet another complaint the arctic shock has a tendency to hiss at you while pumping. The internal negative pressure sucks down on the quick fill caps (which have been redesigned and look promising for a hose but simply spray you much like last years design in a sink) causing the spring to break the seal and sssss noises on every stroke.

The new soaker tag sticker wipe off things aren't all that good. While they don't need a backing that's simply because they've stuck a thin plastic layer on the back. While it's a nice idea the stickers qre quite uncomforable. When stuck to your forearm they feel like a post it stuck to your arm. However when they become wet they begin to feel like the first steps of a temporary tatoo. Note when you are shot the plastic backing doesn't come off your arm and has a tendency to feel nasty.

Do to the under over design for the flash flood it can only have 3 shots even when supercharged. The triple shot can only deal 2. Small tanks are a problem but I still commend Hasbro for making the guns so small.

One problem with the devastator is it's guage. It's this little floating red ball, identical to those in coffee machines to tell you how much water you have left. Anyway if floats up and down with the pressure but do to the fact that it's in a tiny tube it gets jammed and doesn't work. Nice idea though. It's located on your shoulder a quick glance away. Shame it doesn't work.

I'd like to say that the devastator has a (believe it or not) comfortable set of straps.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:43 pm

Cool! Sounds great (and I really want to try these soakers out now). USSA, would you be able to take pictures of the soakers and post/email 'em to me? I'd really want to push up more pictures of soakers onto iSoaker.com.

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:18 pm

no problem... I just found a liquid measuring cup so:
tank

Triple shot – 450 ml (note this is filled only ¾ of the way so that air can still pressurize.)
Flash Flood – 1150 ml
Arctic Shock
(with ice core) 1125 ml
(without ice core) 1300 ml
Devastator – Hasbro say 3000 ml and I’m gonna trust them on this

Shot
Triple shot – 175 ml
Flash Flood – 350 ml
Arctic Shock – 125 ml
Devastator – 350 ml

Please note that since all of the self contained guns draw from a tube not all water can be used.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:14 pm

With the exception of the Arctic Shock (and what soaker line has been free from gimmicks?) every single one of those guns sounds like something I'd like to own.

I'm definitely picking up a Triple Shot(or two :-), probably a Flash Flood, and possibly a Devastator, along with a WW Krypton if I find one.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:17 pm

Since the shot of the triple shot puts out 375 mls altogether, using the largest nozzle which has a 1 second shot time, thats 175 mls per second. I'm buying 2. Thanks for the stats.

Isoaker, tattooing would be a good idea, but I just bought a bunch of green dye, and I wouldn't want it to go to waste. Now where's my brothers max-d 6000... (Why put dye in one of my guns?)

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:53 pm

A St. Patrick's Day soaker!!! :p

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:53 pm

USSA wrote:no problem... I just found a liquid measuring cup so:
tank

Triple shot – 450 ml (note this is filled only ¾ of the way so that air can still pressurize.)
Flash Flood – 1150 ml
Arctic Shock
(with ice core) 1125 ml
(without ice core) 1300 ml
Devastator – Hasbro say 3000 ml and I’m gonna trust them on this

Shot
Triple shot – 175 ml
Flash Flood – 350 ml
Arctic Shock – 125 ml
Devastator – 350 ml

Please note that since all of the self contained guns draw from a tube not all water can be used.

You're saying the Flash Flood and the Devastator have 11.8x output? That's probably a definite yes to buy.

EDIT: By shot, you mean total shot volume, not output, right? Because I doubt the Flash Flood has 11.8x; that would be insane.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1106794722

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:03 pm

EDIT: By shot, you mean total shot volume, not output, right? Because I doubt the Flash Flood has 11.8x; that would be insane.

USSA gave shot volume, not rate of fire. To determine output from the numbers he's measured, take that volume and divide it by the shottime he got. However, that's not quite a fully accurate way of calculating maximum output, but it'll give a closer idea. Based on USSA's numbers, the Flash Flood yields about 50mL / sec which is about 1.7 oz./sec which, for me, equals a nozzle rating of 1.7x.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:53 am

Which is extremely sad for a cps.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:45 am

I wouldn't call it sad, but definitely not cannon-like. For instance, the SC 500 is good, yet has a small nozzle.

Admittedly, I hoped for larger nozzles. Doesn't look like the aquapack will be replacing my CPS 3000 anytime soon...

Post #150.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:51 pm

Since I don't believe that the nozzle serves any purpose other than to let water out (not like the SC600), couldn't people just drill in larger nozzles? I wouldn't do this myself, with my paranoia towards modding, but maybe someone could report the results.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:12 pm

Nozzle mods are very common. Infact, I've drilled a couple nozzles (one ended up as a big mistake). One problem with such a mod is your range can decrease quite a lot if you drill too large. But usually they turn out how you wish. :cool:
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:45 am

I'm getting another flash flood and intend on making the nozzle small for both pieces... say a 1x for the main (killer shot time) and 5x for the grendade launcher so that it is controllable.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:11 pm

^ sounds cool! Let us know how it goes!