For 2005 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:56 am

The story so far...

Buzz Bee Toys has announced (and already released 'Down Under') the Aqua Master Pre-Charger line including the Krypton, Argon, and Xenon. Current reviews on the line show this series has promise but has some bugs that could use tweaking in future versions (thanks to CPS and Falcon for their info on the line).

As for Hasbro Inc and Super Soaker, while nothing 100% confirmable yet, there appears that there will be good news with the 2005 line-up with hope for the coming of new CPS-class blasters. Personally, I'd expect, if ever, something along the size of the CPS4100 or CPS2100, but if they come out with a CPS2500-class cannon, I wouldn't mind, either. :goofy: Not sure what they have in mind for the Soaker-Tag line, either. I'm currently hoping for more return to functionality as opposed to add-ons (the Triple Aggressor is ok, but would have preferred an enlargened Max-D6000 with larger PCs and reservoir to match). SoakerTags, themselves, would have been a lot better had they been re-useable.

For now, being in North America, I can only sit and await the arrival of the new soakers locally. 'til then, I'll continue work on upgrading my little niche online.

:cooll:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:51 pm

I emailed Hasbro about the 2005 line myself. What they said was less than helpful, though I am glad that at least someone has some connections with the Super Soaker line. The email is quoted below. I plan on adding this to the Mailbag vol. 2 at SSCentral when I get more useful emails. I've also recieved a very important email from the largest LRT company around, those interested in homemades will want to pay attention to this Mailbag in particular.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:50 PM
To: Consumer Affairs
Subject: FW: Super Soaker 2005

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. Information, such as release dates,
possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in
advance for distribution.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 10:57 AM
To: gcarvelli@hasbro.com
Subject: Super Soaker 2005

Hello,

I run a Super Soaker fan site (http://www.sscentral.net). Because you were
listed on the contacts of the press releases, I was wondering if
you could possibly provide us with some information about the 2005 Super
Soaker
line, if there are going to be any changes. Any information you give us
would
be helpful.

Thank you if you can help us.

- Ben

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:07 pm

Yeah... it's tough to get info outta Hasbro. They're into keeping things as secretive as possible for as long as possible. Oh well... we try!

:cool:

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:52 pm

We will also be updating in my knick of the woods too. Unfortunatly my team thinks I have abandoned them, so I (not we) have one last shot at Waterbridge next year. I can't wait for the new blasters, and the new opponents to face and meet up in Ridgewood :cool:
_

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:02 am

There's definitely been a dearth of news regarding anything any of the manufacturers are pushing out for 2005 recently. For those who've now had longer experience times with the 2005 WW Aqua-Master lines, have any of your opinions on the line changed after use?

I'm still trying to dig more early info regarding the 2005 Super Soaker line, but my contacts are typically a little quieter this time of year, especially if they are planning an upgrade on SuperSoaker.com for 2005. Granted, these points are just conjecture on my part, but I base it on past experience.

If anyone else finds out some info they can share, please do! 'til then... soak on!

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:18 am

Check it out. Pictures of the Super Soaker Wookie Blaster for 2005 (Thanks to Commander Gaunt on SSC for pointing it out). They look pretty legitimate to me. Also note on the back of the packaging what appears to be a backpack gun. There are also some rereleases of the Vaporizer and Liquidator.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:22 am

Yup.. defintely legit! Thanks for posting the link! The other soakers featured in the pack look very interesting indeed. Now to try to read that back packaging...

Soaker Tag Elite line?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:26 am

The only bit I can really make out is the red and blue one in the middle which says Triple something. :oo:

Oh, and it's the SoakerTag Elite line.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:39 am

At any rate, those blasters look very intriguing to me. Though smal pics, the images show more down-to-business blasters without any major add-ons or extra bits of plastic design stuff. It also looks like they have attempted to improve the Quick-Fill cap's design. Overall, me likey! However, looks that the Wookiee Blaster makes noises, too. :goofy:

"Multiple Striker", Triple Strike" for the 3rd and 4th blaster listed on the back of that box?
Hard to make out the words on the low-res jpeg. Pity...

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:03 pm

Backpack soaker!!! The last blaster on the left. 3 Secret Strike lookin' things in there too. Too bad. I had hopes for this season's soakers. They all look like junk at this point in time. LARGE WATER TANK HOLDS 13.5 OUNCES!!!! Wowee!!! Some of my Storm pistols probably weigh more than that unloaded, and my Storm 1200 probably hold 1 1/2 times that much. I'm not impressed.

Adrian

Edit:OK....I shall attempt to analyze the new blasters, going left to right.
1.Backpack soaker. Looks pump-action. Backpack looks smaller than SC Big Trouble, or around that size.
2.Unknown greenish soaker. Midsized. I hereby coin a new phrase in water-warfare terminology. Droptank. That's an underbarrel resiviour. And that last "R" word is horribly misspelled. Broad faced, possibly more than one nozzle. Extended cylindrical pressure chamber, possibly CPS, haven't seen a horizontal cylindrical XP chamber before. Either that or it's some sort of horrible kiddy gadget.
3.Unknown whitish soaker. Midsized or a little smaller. Droptank about the size of a thermos. Weird secondary tank on the back of the rifle. Spherical pressure-chamber amidships, middle of the rifle. Possibly an extention of unknown secondary tank, with the droptank being a pressure chamber. Unlikely as this would be incredibly innefficient. Horizontal striping on the nozzle indicates twisting.
4.Unknown redish soaker. Pistol sized or above. No seperate P/C. Broad faced, possibly indicating more than one nozzle.

Edited By Adrian on 1103394205
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:58 pm

Look like junk? Oh well.. differences of opinion on aesthetics, I suppose Too each their own... :goofy:

Granted, the soakers with the low-mounted reservoir would likely be along the size of the Max-D Secret Strike or a little larger. I don't think the backpack soaker would be pump-based, but the mini-pic makes it hard to tell.

The thid one (blue/grey) reminds me of an SC500 with a bottom-mounted tank.

Sidenote: I'm not sure about using the term 'droptank' 'cos that just makes me think of a removable reservoir which I don't believe any of those are. :goofy:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:59 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW

I've found better images. I'll edit in their names, most are legible now. No need to thank me. :cool:

Edited By Doom on 1103396438

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:02 pm

Nice find, Doom! Thanks for the link! (You're thanked, anyhow)

Names as best as I could read: AquaPack 'Devastator'?, Flash Flood, Arctic Shock?, Triple Shot.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:08 pm

Weird thing is that both Hasbro and Buzz Bee are making their own backpack guns! And they both are similarly named, AquaPack and AquaPak! This will get confusing come next year. Abbreviations will happen, I suppose one will be something like the SS AP and the WW AP.

I thought eBay may turn something up, I got lucky and it did. I very highly suggest that someone buys this gun and posts more info on the line! Better images would be very useful.

Edit: Notice the bottom right image says "powerful constant streams?" CPS returns? Possibly. Overall, this is a great improvement. Water warfare is coming back from it's "dark age" as some have called it.

Edit again: I don't think CPS would make sense for a gun this small now that I think of it. Just wishful thinking I suppose.

Edited By Doom on 1103397267

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:10 pm

With $27 shipping to the US, that's CRAZy! While I'd love to get more info on the line, just not worth that much, IMO, considering those items will be coming to North America in the coming few months.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:39 pm

The item has been removed from eBay. Presumably Hasbro don't want everyone finding out.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:46 pm

Well that's fine. I had every single image saved and the auction as well.

They'll be uploaded to SSCentral in a minute.

:)

Edit: http://www.sscentral.net/2005/

There you have it! The auction plus a pic of the SS Mega Cannon I had stuffed somewhere.

Edited By Doom on 1103399760

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:53 pm

I don't think CPS would make sense for a gun this small now that I think of it. Just wishful thinking I suppose.

Don't forget blasters like the SC500 and SC600 used CPS-tech though being rather small overall. Of course, from a few small images, it's hard to tell how those things are pressurized. However, the 'Arctic' one really does remind me of a mutated SC500.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:30 pm

The Flash Flood looks to me like it could be CPS. The reservoir and pump are on the lower part and the top section looks like it contains a cylindrical CPS chamber. The end of it reminds me of the 1500/1700 and looks like it might have a milar style method of changing nozzles.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:32 pm

I think under the arctic shock it says something along the lines of "Freeze you'r competition! Ice core helps keep water icy cold". Maybe cold shots are in the near future? Seems logical to me. :angry: