WWN Card Game

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

WWN Card Game

Post by marauder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:29 pm

So, I have been working on this for a while, just haven't said much about it. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
Here are some teasers about the game that I am willing to prerelease -

Players put together a team of various characters

Characters will include WWN members - so please give me your thoughts on your own character's special abilities or strengths and weaknesses or anything you want me to possibly include in your player's card - and also characters from historic wars and fictional characters.

Weapons have special abilities but also cost money and use water - choose wisely based off what you have available.

Tactical cards and terrain cards allow for varied gameplay and unique situations for each new battle.

Battles can be continued into series of "campaigns" with each battle having an effect on the next at hand.

Not all cards in your deck will be able to be viewed, some will be drawn at random from a preprepared deck.

I'm going to be compiling pictures of different people, places, etc. that you all want included in the game. I've been working with a friend of mine who is an illustrator, so these are looking better than the trading cards I designed.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Dinosaur

Re: WWN Card Game

Post by Dinosaur » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:35 pm

It's an interesting concept, or could focus on the blasters and make things easier. It's a good idea to include people, but some may not want to be involved or it could take too long. why not to a "top trumps version " that focuses on the blasters, using isoaker stats, might be more practical and easier.
This also sounds similar to a dual sort of game, where you could have effect cards like "water balloons, + 10 soakage " or "empty reservoir, miss a turn ",could even make a board game out of it. I'm just throwing it out there
"They'll never soak me from this dist...."
-Everyone upon seeing the 2000

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:35 am

isoaker stats aren't the most accurate, I wouldn't go that route. Supposedly the XP 150 shoots less than 30 feet, I know that that isn't true of my friend's 150, and I highly doubt anyone would be using a 150 in the community wars, let alone gloating over them if they only shot 9 meters. It keeps up well with my 310, which I know shoots about 35 ft (32 according to isoaker). The 3200 is also listed as 33 ft, which doesn't seem to match the video from frozen fury 2012 or other accounts on this message forum. I think if I remember right, hydrowar averages out the stats of multiple tests, including from multiple people on this forum. I would go with that, which also makes sense, because m4 is coming up with the card game.
Last edited by Cochise on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:43 am

Dinosaur wrote:It's an interesting concept, or could focus on the blasters and make things easier. It's a good idea to include people, but some may not want to be involved or it could take too long. why not to a "top trumps version " that focuses on the blasters, using isoaker stats, might be more practical and easier.
This also sounds similar to a dual sort of game, where you could have effect cards like "water balloons, + 10 soakage " or "empty reservoir, miss a turn ",could even make a board game out of it. I'm just throwing it out there
The game focusses on waterwarfare, and blasters are only a part of it, but don't worry, they are a big part. I love your ideas for the other cards though. And yeah, I do average out multiple tests.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:25 am

Thats a very interesting concept indeed, though I think if done right it could be an very cool game, I think this is a great idea and would be very fun to play, you could make this game sort of like pokemon card game........"yeah I said it", LOL, but instead of weird *** creatures you could make it as you said with real guys like you rob could be Super OP rare cards and like sam could be a really cool card, never less it a great idea and tell me when the project is finished:)
"This message has been brought to you by GassyMexican".