Awesome Naval War

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Awesome Naval War

Post by SEAL » Thu May 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Check this out!

A friend of mine showed that to me a while ago, and I meant to post it here but I forgot. Don't you wish our naval wars were like that (but more competitive of course)? That guy's got a lot of really awesome thrill-seeking stuff on his channel. Someday when I have more money, I'd love to do things like that.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Awesome Naval War

Post by HBWW » Thu May 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I fail to see how we could make our naval wars like that AND competitive at the same time. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

jja

Post by jja » Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 am

Well that was Epic! thanks for sharing

I think we need a separate thread for disusing the relative merits and practicalities of paratroopers in water warfare. (or is that already a chapter in Duxburian's tactical theory?)

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri May 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Wow, that was way too cool. I wanna go to the Caribbean. I wonder who organized this?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Mon May 11, 2015 1:37 pm

When I was in sailing camp during summers, there was one or two times where where the wind was just dead and we couldn't really do anything.

The lower level sailers (white sail, in the Canadian yachting system) were crammed 4 to a boat, while we more advanced sailors (bronze sail) were 2 to a boat mostly and our boats were lighter.

On these dead days, the bronze sails would have one crew jump onto the bow of the white sail boats, and rock the boat back and forth until they capsized, and swim back to their own boat.

I have no idea how they let us get away with it. We just thought the white sails needed practice righting their boats. But those were the most fun days of the summer.