WWN RPG characters

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

WWN RPG characters

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:17 pm

I know from experience that RPG's don't work on WWN but making characters for RPG's that ultimately fail is still entertaining, so this thread is only a place to make RPG characters.

Name Stephen
Height 5' 10"
Weight 145lbs
Primary Currently an XP 250 with a 10x nozzle hitting 41' plus the stock streams.
Overview
While not terribly skilled at combating veterans, "Storm" as he sometimes calls himself has a reputation for being knowledgeable about all things water gun. Physically unremarkable when it comes to raw strength or when sprinting, he (sorrta) makes up for it by moving quickly over distances and recovering from these intense efforts in short order. At best mentally tough, quick witted, determined, with a high capacity to handle pain, at worst, Arrogant,Impatient, and radiating a self image of mental superiority. His background with water fights usually hasn't offered many challenges to advance his fighting skills.
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Re: WWN RPG characters

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:18 pm

*sees topic in humor section, assumes character does not have to be human*

Race: Xenomorph Drone
Name: Shadow
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 180 lbs
Primary: CPS 1200 with 21 balloon K Mod, straw laminator and 5X brass nozzle. Hits 50'

Overview:
Banished from his hive on Gliese 581G for befriending and saving a nearby human colony from being harvested, this Water Warrior from the stars found his way to earth where he became fascinated by the hobby of water warfare. Armed with all water blaster knowledge he stakes his claim in soakdom, making history as the first non human Water Warrior. On the battlefield he is very loyal, strong, incredibly agile, stealthy, intimidating and very clever, covering his tail barb with a sponge soaked in water which he uses to "stab" the enemy at close range. Has also found Hive Resin to be very good for fixing leaky soakers. He is usually VERY friendly.
Last edited by TheSoaker on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:32 pm

A bit small for a Xenomorph drone TheSoaker
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:34 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:A bit small for a Xenomorph drone TheSoaker
post edited :P
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Ooo let's try to make an RPG from this! I'm in.

Name Cochise
Height 5' 8"
Weight 135 lbs
Primary Colossus 2 looking to mod

Overview
Although not incredibly quick or strong, Cochise is quite advanced in stealth, camouflaging, and stalking. Stamina is not an issue so long as he doesn't have to carry a great amount of equipment. Cochise prefers long range sniping and ambushes and is incredibly accurate with the Colossus 2 blaster. More of a thinker than a feeler, he plots his actions several moves in advance like a chess player. Typically if you see him it's already too late. Cochise is best at fighting on the edges of the battlefield and becomes quite vulnerable when thrown into the front line of any action that isn't an ambush.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Name Marauder
Height 6'1
Weight 170 lbs
Primary CPS 2000

Overview
A bit of a gambler, marauder is aggressive and often unpredictable; his impulsiveness being both his greatest strength and weakness. With that being said, his actions off the battlefield can be quite the opposite, often taking hours and even days to explore battlefields, gather intelligence, and feel out enemy positions before the fighting even begins. Physically unmatched in stamina marauder is also above average in speed allowing him to reach all areas of the battlefield quicker than typically expected. Marauder prefers fighting in wooded, typically heavily vegetated lowland, environments and adapts well to fighting in dark and dilapidated buildings. Open ground and suburban environments often neutralize his greatest strengths.

This gives me an idea... perhaps for a card game or just out of curiosity. Obviously we know what we think of ourselves as water warriors, but what do others think of us? Like, are we really as fast or stealthy as we think we are? It might be fun (if you've fought against someone else on here) to get other people to rate you in those areas.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:28 pm

Name: Brandon
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 lbs
Primary: CPS 2000
Strengths: Strength, endurance, physical toughness, patience, good at moving through the woods, sensitive, uh, senses, decent fighting skills, good looks
Weaknesses: Low energy, a little too competitive, sometimes misses good opportunities, can play too defensively
Overview: Brandon, who goes by the alias SEAL (named after his team), has led one of the only hardcore teams in the community since 2007. Despite its small size, the Catskill Mountain SEALs team has very good team chemistry and has improved much over 8 years. While SEAL is greatly feared on his home front, at WWn community wars he is just that guy whom you may want to watch out for if he's having a good day. Despite this he is still one of the best water warriors in the country, if not the world (okay, that ain't saying much). SEAL prefers larger, more warlike battles, and wants to make water warfare the most hardcore of all wargames. He likes baseball, fast cars, good rap music, and the outdoors. He dislikes food, school, snow, and smart phones. He also usually avoids referring to himself in the third person.

I think the rate other people is a cool idea, though not all of us have fought together. Just don't be speaking ill of me or I'm gonna ambush you next time I see you, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

jja

Post by jja » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Name jja
Height 6 ' 5
Weight 145 lbs
Primary CPS 1000

Overview
Capable leader and Good team player - can follow orders. Good tactician especially in mid size engagements (playing warhammer for over ten years created a strategic mindset). Currently fairly inexperienced at hit based games (only a few hours total game time). jja is quite a fast runner (fastest in his team) but not a track star sprinter, and is fairly reasonable at dodging. Stamina is his main weak point - he tires fast. Usually he plays to use the range of his weapon to hit the enemy from afar and to support and protect his teammates with well placed shots, then when an opportunity presents its self he uses his speed and the power of his CPS 1000 to take advantage before the enemy can react. He aims to win battles quickly - protracted combat will fatigue him and erode his physical skill and tactical awareness.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:47 am

Jja you need to eat some more! Either that, or do whatever SEAL does to be 180 lbs without liking food.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jja

Post by jja » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 am

I'm working on it, but i can't really gain weight easily, anyway being super thin has its advantages - i'm harder to hit LOL

i like your idea of realistically appraising our skills and abilities. but its hard to quantify some things like relative stealth. speed is easy (time a 100m sprint) and endurance can't be too hard. Overestimating OR underestimating ones skills and abilities can lead to making wrong calls in battle

I.E. something like "i can easily sneak up on both those CPS armed opponents and soak them both before they return fire"
:cps2000: :oops: :cps3000:

OR retreating because you think "there is no way i can defeat that one guy he is way more skilled than me" when you had a good chance to soak him, take the flag and win the game

and many other situations as well

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Name Duxburian
Height 5' 9"
Weight 125 lbs
Primary CPS 2000 mk2 #5, a well above average performing 2000 with an effective range between 54 and 55 ft.
Overview
Naturally quick and agile with high spatial awareness and keen hearing, Duxburian is notoriously difficult to hit or sneak up on. Duxburian is a brick wall in a head to head battle, able to engage and hold multiple opponents for long periods of time, especially on defense. He can also attack multiple opponents, creating flanking opportunities for his teammates to exploit. Lacking physical endurance and possessing conservative trigger discipline, he rushes and shoots in short bursts, looking for momentary weaknesses in opponents' defenses. With this emphasis on timing and sudden changes in physical position, Duxburian is very dangerous in transition and in counterattacks. His preferred method of hitting opponents is via ambush, but few let him out of their sight in a battle. He manages battles patiently, matching players up appropriately, stalling the opponent, waiting for the right opportunity to open up. Duxburian is a walking GPS, learns the layout of an area rapidly, and adapts to whatever the environment is. He excels at the lower end of the weather scale (cold, snow), but is not a fan of heat and humidity. Powerful, mental pushback toughness has been trained into him, which brings itself out the harder and longer he needs to fight. He performs better as the pressure mounts and his need to win the game eventually overcomes his endurance shortcomings if pushed to extremes.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers