iSoak'D 131: Fall

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 am

Happy First Day of Autumn, 2014!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: iSoak'D 131: Fall

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 am

Ambush positions, go!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:42 am

How about FF the most die-hard league event ever! I seem to recall last year someone quit mid round because their nozzle froze.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:08 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:How about FF the most die-hard league event ever! I seem to recall last year someone quit mid round because their nozzle froze.
FF is for winter and there already is an iSoak'D Comic Strip during snowy times. Would be good to make more, of course, but it's only Fall right now; let's not rush into the next season already! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:09 pm

No one quit, just had to switch blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:56 pm

That's pretty cool. I love Fall. I don't even think the leaves really change here though... at least in North Carolina they do and we have the Appalachians which are stunning in the fall. If I move to CT after graduation there will definitely be some foliage. Of course, the alternative is Charleston, where basically it will just be palm trees year round. Of course, all of this depends on where the jobs are so, I may end up somewhere else if I don't get an offer in either.

Frozen Fury was technically in Fall, but I really think that anything post Thanksgiving is essentially Winter. Several people had water freeze in their nozzles. I know that I had ice in the nozzles I wasn't using. Did I use a Vindicator at all last year? I know that Tony or Danny had their WWF gun ice over and had to switch to a Python 2 or something. The second day was colder than the first.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:46 pm

I never had to stop using a gun due to ice, but it did cost me a kill once durring Frozen Fury when I switched from the 3x to the 6x on my Vindicator. I hadn't been using the 6 much so ice had formed in the nozzle. I switched, jumped around a wall to fire, but when nothing happened, they hit me before I could get back. Speaking of FF, maybe someone needs to make a thread for that (hint hint).
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"