The WATER WAR Kickstarter Film is LIVE

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
Josh Nikolas

The WATER WAR Kickstarter Film is LIVE

Post by Josh Nikolas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 pm

What's going on you kooky campers? This is Josh N. with your fantastically free fun fact of the day, week, month and year: I have been developing a feature length independent film, WATER WAR, for the last three years. I have included a link to the Kickstarter pitch film that I just recently completed with my cinematic arts team, KNOW ALTERNATIVE MEDIA SHELTER. It has only been live for a few days and I felt that now was the time to share it here, and rally further support from the people that I feel might appreciate the movie the most.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/79 ... /water-war

I hope you all watch the WATER WAR pitch film, share it and enjoy it.
And if you do, spread the word about the WATER WAR Kickstarter campaign, and help to realize the insane effort that is attempting to make this absurdly awesome movie.

Hang tough, and stay wet.

-Josh Nikolas
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Water-Wa ... 9271979166
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Know-Alt ... 39?fref=ts

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: The WATER WAR Kickstarter Film is LIVE

Post by HBWW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Welcome to WaterWar.net!

Some ideas for the Kickstarter rewards:
- Authentic SS 50/100.
- A water war!

As far as the monetary contribution goes, that will vary by the interest of the individual members here. I myself am on clear on this yet; the pitch film struck me as a bit awkward and I'm not 100% on exactly what kind of point it's trying to make here. (Looks like the primary goal is dramatization of a child's experiences in soakfests, compared or contrasted to the dramatization of war films?) I suppose this may be in part due to the acting style or the over-the-top dramatization of facial expressions (almost in a way that seems to mock either water wars or war films), not sure. It may also have to do with the sacrifice of authenticity (of the action sequences) for dramatization and humor, I don't know lol.

Great camerawork though. The camera shots are very well done (albeit would definitely look more interesting upon post-processing).

Best of luck with your film. I'll definitely be following its development as it comes along. I definitely encourage you to stick around and ask for feedback and info; a number of members here are very knowledgeable about various subject material regarding water wars that might be helpful for you.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

As a water war set in 93 you need at least one Super Soaker 300 and a handful of 200's
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Josh Nikolas

Post by Josh Nikolas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks for great feedback guys.

@CA99 - In terms of the pitch film's relationship to the actual script for WATER WAR, I can say this: The Kickstarter film's "narrative" follows the filmmaker. I am the writer/director and main character in the Kickstarter pitch, and my effort for the pitch film was to communicate the concept of a somewhat unconventional film. The feature film we are making, WATER WAR, has it's own dramatic story, 16 youth characters, bike chases, ambushes, character relationships to their parents and fellow comrades, all centered around a standoff capture-the-flag scenario in a public park.

And If you look towards the bottom of the pledge rewards, the actual prop guns to be used in the film are included as prizes at the higher levels.

Also, here is a link to my team's Youtube channel, where the narrative prequels for the Kickstarter video, BLASTER 4: COLLISION, are available to watch. The episodes run Blaster 1: LOAD, 2: BOOK and 3: DITCH. Also on the channel are 2 storyboard sequences that demonstrate actual scripted sequences from WATER WAR. Blaster 3: DITCH does contain adult language, although the first 2 episodes do not.

http://www.youtube.com/user/knowalternativemedia/videos

@the oncoming storm - Oh don't worry brother. Much care has been given to capture the time period. The armory of the film will include nothing produced beyond the year that the film is to take place. The introduction of S.S. 300 is actually a main point in the film's narrative. There will be S.S.20s, 50s, 100s, 200s, and the 300. The inclusion of one very special weapon by the late and great ENTERTECH, will also be featured as a key element.

Thanks again for your interest guys. Spread the word if you've enjoyed it so far.

Hang tough, and stay wet.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:36 pm

I just saw ditch, fill the 300 next time you fill a chase scene I am 18 and could only dream of outrunning people my age with it loaded
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 pm

My apologies for not reading the rewards list in more detail.

@storm: There are a number of unrealistic sequences in the videos here. Some of the streams in the pitch film were substituted with a CPS 2000 for dramatic effect. I wouldn't mind it; these films aren't directed at us anyway lol.

About the water blasters, I was waiting on the Entertech stuff, since there's only been a few classic SS's introduced so far. I do have to say it'd have been interesting to see it span a longer time period and end up including CPS-era and post-Larami era blasters, but that would probably involve a completely different narrative than what you're going for.

LOAD was decent. DITCH spends way too much time on long-winded dialogue. I think in general, any scene where something with high detail is done (i.e. hobbyist discussions, hacking scenes, etc.) should be kept authentic, but in reasonable duration. Substitute that dialogue on the boat about filming with dialogue about building homemade water blasters, computers, etc. and I think it'd get boring for almost anyone watching it just because of how long it went on for.

That said, you still have a lot more time worth of water blasting video on your channel than our entire community has on YouTube. We're working on things, but most clips of our wars never got edited and uploaded. Here's a poorly edited video from earlier this year. It gets boring, but gives you an idea of what we do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmUwJ7d5MQ

I'm hoping to get a second video done soon, but these things take an eternity. We do require a completely different approach to editing though, since this is live water warfare as opposed to something planned for film. There's a number of water blaster related videos out there, but we haven't really done enough to get them online.

Will you be releasing additional samples/videos of your work as the film project goes on? Or will it be kept fairly under wraps until completion?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Josh Nikolas

Post by Josh Nikolas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

@CA99 - I will continue to make mini edits showing the behinds the scenes effort once we start shooting. The success of the Kickstarter campaign determines a lot of course. Teasers and trailer edits will be made. Once actual production starts, releasing short clips of the film's dialog and action sequences would definitely help to promote the finished film. Right now our attention is on promoting the Kickstarter campaign. That's the key to everything that follows.

StinkyTriggerFinger

Post by StinkyTriggerFinger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Dude, that shit was dope! That warehouse scene was kind of confusing though. I'm going to check out the other films now to see if I can make sense of the parts that threw me off.

Josh Nikolas

Post by Josh Nikolas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 pm

@StinkyTriggerFinger - Right on my man! And double radness on your handle. Definitely check out the BLASTER FILM SERIES. It's our promo film trilogy to our Kickstarter promo film COLLISION that is a promo to our feature film WATER WAR. Blaster 3: DITCH is the longest of the prequels, and contains adult language, so be warned hommie. A lot of DITCH's dialog revolves around indy filmmaker humor about gear, filters, camera hacks, etc, so if you're hip to it I think you'll find a lot of the more inside joke pretty fresh. Share out the pitch and tell your fellow comrades. Thanks for the good words!

StinkyTriggerFinger

Post by StinkyTriggerFinger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 pm

@Josh Watched LOAD. Dude, the chips had me rollin.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:39 am

Lol "Warm it up Chris"
"The world is yours" - Nas

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 am

*Thread moved to more appropriate forum.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: