Waterwarfare posters/logos

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
Chief
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Waterwarfare posters/logos

Post by Chief » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

I was playing around on Photoshop and came up with this. Tell me what you think :D

Last edited by Chief on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelboot..

Re: SEALs team poster

Post by steelboot.. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Love it. Wish I had the guys to make a devoted team, that's badass right there. Also you guys been lifting? ;)
2008 - 2010
2013 -

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow, that's actually pretty epic. You should have a more serious look on your face though. It looks like you're about to bust out laughing and everyone else is seriosu haha. But still, sweet!!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm

I love this poster, but it makes the rivalry look way more hardcore than it is.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:51 pm

*shakes head*

More like, YOU have no idea how hardcore the rivalry actually is ;)
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm

^Yeah, storm should've seen my team during the first battle of MOAB. We were bloodthirsty, man. (Or at least I was, haha.)

Love the poster. My forearms look huge, hahaha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 pm

So I take it you have plenty of time to be gathering VHS parts to put to use the stuff I left behind at Downpour... The SEALs are building a secret weapon, oh noes! (Wait, SEALs? Building? What is this madness? :goofy: )

And here I am, just going to work and playing video games everyday lol.

Edit: Steelboot, although Scott's pics around here may suggest otherwise, I assure you the rivalry is most definitely serious business. Attending your first community war is in itself a rite of passage. The force of a thousand waterfalls come down upon you!

Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but you haven't seen anything yet. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Perhaps travel expenses can be shared by Steel Boot, Mr Dude, and Croc, and maybe even CA99 some time next summer. That would be an epic road trip. And yeah, I have been to a lot of water wars, but every community war is fun and amazing in its own right. And when we say it's intense I think we can all agree that it's not just about competition. We are fierce competitors, but we are friends before that. There's just something epic and challenging about community wars that goes even beyond the rivalry (because not all games are rivalry).

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:43 am

^Yeah, storm should've seen my team during the first battle of MOAB.
Well, you mean should have seen Keith, because the rest of you were left in the dust :p I really wish I'd thought of rigging gun cam for that, it was one of the more intense moments I've experienced in a water war.

^ This. Them vermin seals loved this.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Chief

Post by Chief » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks for your input. I agree with marauder on the faces not being serious enough but I already had like 20 pics to choose from and most were of our backs or us out in the distance.

As I said earlier "I was playing around on Photoshop" but some day I'd like to get serious pics of all of us (including Poseidon) and a masterpiece.
I hope you all can see it. I posted it off Seal's laptop and it looked fine, but now that I'm on my computer it's cut in half. Please tell me if you can't see all of it.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:55 am

It's the way the forums handle lower width browser viewports, i.e. I can see all of it on my 1080p monitor, but not on my phone. I may look into better ways of handling large images later so that everyone can see the whole thing regardless of viewport size.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 am

I can see the entire poster on both the laptop and at the library. Rob, that is an awesome picture. It probably doesn't mean much if you weren't there and don't know what happened, but that's seriously awesome. I envision us all using gun cams one day and I'm completely serious about that. Not only will we be better off financially, but phones are becoming much more rugged. Galaxy already released an active, fully submersible phone. Expect the phone companies to milk extra $ off this feature for a while, but it will become standard in the next 2 years. Then all that's left to figure out is mounting your phone on your blaster. I fully expect gopro like action cams to go the way off the stand alone GPS in the next 5 to 10 years.

Also, while I'm at it, the first round of MOAB and everything else I had planned there is still my ideal war. The only way it could be better - in my opinion, is if we had longer rounds. I still want to fight a seriously intense battle in terrain like this and I still absolutely love the idea of randomly rushing for guns and not knowing what you're going to get. It presents great tactical challenges.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 pm

GoPros and smartphones often work in tandem. The HERO 3's have wifi built in, so you can see the feed on the phone (because you can't see displays mounted on top of your head). The smartphone form factor seems at odds for being an action cam, and having to mount it means you can't use it while filming. Gun cams require so much duct tape, and you have to detach and reattach on every switch, which is why I chose the head cam. Anyway, in the next 5 years, we'll have more smart watches, Google Glass, etc. to mess around with; no one knows exactly where things will go then, although I'd say Glass could make the GoPro obsolete before any smartphone does.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Secret weapon? Not sure where that came from; our strength lies in our persons, not our equipment. (Or at least that's what I'd like to think...)
Duxburian wrote:Well, you mean should have seen Keith, because the rest of you were left in the dust :p.
You'd have been too if you had to carry an MXL through that jungle. :P Not sure why the others lagged behind though; they were actually behind me!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Chief

Re: Waterwarfare posters/logos

Post by Chief » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Made some more posters/logos. tall me what you think?
Attachments
red bull br copy.jpg
red bull br copy.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
ww.ww logo.jpg
ww.ww logo.jpg (98.65 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
small.jpg
small.jpg (246.56 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
BlackTitleScreen copy.jpg
BlackTitleScreen copy.jpg (228.33 KiB) Viewed 3105 times

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:04 pm

I like the crossed CPS 2000s poster epicness
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Nice work! Very stylish. My favorites are Urban Warfare and S.E.A.L.S., although the edges on S.E.A.L.S. could use a little cleanup. Illustrator is probably ideal for that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare