Water Warfare Stadium?

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

Water Warfare Stadium?

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

After some long discussions, it seems like Buzz Bee Toys Inc. is in the final process of acquiring an old indoor paintball field and is going to be converting it into an indoor water warfare stadium!

Visitors would be able to rent or buy various Water Warrior brand water blasters, then engage in full team-based water wars in a safe, family-friendly environment. Scoring would be done by hired referees who can watch the action via cameras and windows that overlook the playing field! The first would be in NJ, near to BBT's headquarters, but if it proves successful, they'll open up more across the US!

I'm trying to dig up some preliminary pictures for sharing... stay tuned!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Water Warfare Stadium?

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 am

No way, I am not about to fall for another April fools joke. As awesome as this may sound, I'm not going to believe anything until tomorrow.
I've fallen for every joke on the forums the entire time I have been here. Not this time!

Though if this isn't a joke, then I guess I will be fooled again, lol!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:49 am

It sounded believable until the part about the referees and cameras. You almost got me though, as I forgot it was April 1st. :P

Hey, it's definitely possible; it's just costly and I don't think there is enough interest to make such a "stadium" successful.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 pm

It's April 1st? Forgot about that. Figures my timing on this announcement would be off. :goofy:

Well, for those non-believers, you'll see soon enough.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Buzz Bee can't afford to increase output on their blasters but can afford to setup stadiums... Seems totally legit. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm

This had better not be fake if it is Isoaker will be ambushed by an angry mob with quite alot of 2000, 2500, and let's not forget 300's, But if it's not a fake than buzz bee had better make some hardcore blasters lest the arena get overrun by old Super Soakers
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:This had better not be fake if it is Isoaker will be ambushed by an angry mob with quite alot of 2000, 2500, and let's not forget 300's,
The thing is, that's totally possible thanks to a certain someone...

I must say though, if there was such a place, I would totally go there (even though there'd probably be an entry fee). They probably wouldn't allow any of the weapons I have though. I can see it now:

Stadium worker: "Hello sir, are you interested in playing a game at our... What the HECK are those things?!"
Me: "Uh, my water guns."
Worker: "What did you do to them!? And what on earth is that long thing?"
Me: "It's for launching water balloons."
Worker: "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I kind of doubt such a place would get much business though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Well, it *IS* April 1st! Had to try to keep it going for a little while! :goofy:

As for angry mobs of 2000/2500/300-wielders... all I can say is... BRING IT ON! :dualCPS2000:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Let's do it boys! Or isoaker can come to Downpour and save us some trouble.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Community challenge: Get iSoaker to attend a community war.
SEAL wrote:
the oncoming storm wrote: Stadium worker: "Hello sir, are you interested in playing a game at our... What the HECK are those things?!"
Me: "Uh, my water guns."
Worker: "What did you do to them!? And what on earth is that long thing?"
Me: "It's for launching water balloons."
Right...

Now, while we may never have a stadium, I'd definitely buy out enough land in the future to designate as a playing field, if my time and money allow for it by then, and if it gets used often enough to be worth it. If not, I'll just have an expanded backyard just big enough to use as a WBL testing range. As long as the area's mine, so that if anyone attempts to call the police, the police will be pissed off at whoever called them instead of at the water warriors.

I've also thought of a water warfare non-profit organization going as a church, due to being able to get land and the ease of getting tax-exempt status. "We worship Poseidon here," or something like that. I don't know. Problem is, you need enough local support. (A congregation of one doesn't sound like it would really work to get you tax-exempt.) Then, there's the indoor arena, symmetrical (not like those weird laser tag mazes) with bases, turrets, and cover that I'd totally love to setup if I ever could.

I've got some wacky ideas lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 pm

I actually rather the weird laser tag mazes. I played Airsoft (and Laser Tag) in some symmetrical arenas and it was pretty boring. I think part of the problem with the symmetrical ones is everything looks the same. They are really easy to get lost in. In the mazes, you can tell about where you are by the positioning of the passageways, ramps, and other objects. All the symmetrical ones I've played in have been perfect squares on even ground. They didn't have any elevated ramps or bridges like the Laser Tag place near me has (it is a maze). Most the symmetrical ones feel like you are fighting between a bunch of office cubicles. If they made an arena a rectangle with a base at each end and a bunch of ramps, bridges, and walls in between, then it might be easier to tell where you are. A good balance would probably be to have the ends, where each base is, symmetrical but the area in between more random.

If you ever make a stadium that would be awesome! I'd still probably prefer the woods since they are more my cup of tea (more like Hot Coco for me, LoL!), but an arena would be a nice break. If there was an indoor arena then I could battle in the winter too! (I want to do it, but even the friend or two that is willing to battle in -60 degree weather aren't allowed to).

I think I will probably hold off on attacking isoaker. From a skill standpoint, I'm probably better (judging by the fact that he seams to have very few battles), but I couldn't match him in weaponry. Sure, you can only wield a few at a time, but he could outlast me (50 filled guns vs. an almost uncountable number).
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of airsoft/paintball field setups, albeit with cover more tightly packed together to match the low ranges of water blasters. I'd set one up with elevated areas at each end of the field, or "base", which would be a good position for scouting and WBL's.

Perhaps all I need is variety. I've had my share of park and neighborhood wars, then recently got introduced to real woods warfare. However, the woods don't have much in the way of concealment except for distance. The cover is kind of odd (although effective at times if the tree is large enough), and the main interaction with the game that the woods has is limiting movement without doing all that much interesting stuff to sight lines and other aspects. I like the woods, but I cannot see limiting myself to that kind of playing environment exclusively if possible, regardless of how hardcore it is.

Basically, there's two kinds of fields I really want to try:
- Naval
- Indoor/CQB with tightly packed cover and a few high positions. (Warehouses, even laser tag mazes.)

Scott, no one can carry 50 loaded blasters at the same time (except for mythological creatures), and in a game, no one can stop you from picking up blasters on the ground. (Unless you really agree to the rule of not being able to pick up 50 filled blasters just laying around.)

Personally, I think iSoaker could use the combat experience of a community war. I found that weekend to be more of an eye opener than I thought it'd be, from gaining exercise to team tactics in large areas of woods, if my battle report was any indication.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 pm

CA99 wrote:Personally, I think iSoaker could use the combat experience of a community war. I found that weekend to be more of an eye opener than I thought it'd be, from gaining exercise to team tactics in large areas of woods, if my battle report was any indication.
Don't get me wrong; I'd love to attend a community war and the experience would most likely be a definite eye-opener and I'm sure there's a LOT I could learn from it. However, work and life responsibilities just prevent that from happening any time soon. You guys will just have to accept to be utterly soaked by me some other time. :goofy:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:40 pm

You must be pretty dang busy if you can't even take one weekend off to go out blasting. Oh well; I guess it's possible that I could be in that position someday, so I'm not saying anything.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Well, he does have a kid to take care of, so can't blame him I guess. Although with that said, when I'm at that stage in life, I definitely plan to make room for this sort of thing.

New objective: Build skills and become a seasoned woods-warfare water warrior before iSoaker attends a community war. Thanks for the motivation, iSoaker! :goofy:

This new objective has quite an interesting parallel with my other goal of getting easy-to-build, practical homemades designed/done before any high performance, battle-effective blaster is released again.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Isoaker has a kid? I bet he is the bain of water fights in his area.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 pm

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to do this. Unfortunately, that means I'd have to play the lottery first, which I don't do.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am

marauder wrote:If I ever win the lottery I'm going to do this. Unfortunately, that means I'd have to play the lottery first, which I don't do.
*heh* For what it's worth, if I ever win the lottery, I'd do this plus open up a water gun / water blaster museum. :goofy: