If You Thought the Douchenator was Impressive...

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

If You Thought the Douchenator was Impressive...

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

...check out this thing.

That, my friends, is an air-powered pumpkin cannon. It is located at a farmstand very close to my school. The guy who owns it built this thing, probably because he was bored, haha. This thing was actually featured in a Popular Science magazine, in the "You Built What?!?" section. Unfortunately I don't remember which issue. I think it's really cool; all the more so because it's so close by. I've never actually seen it shoot before, but it apparently launches pumpkins like a mile. I would love to use it to hurl about 50 water balloons through the air...

Here's a close up. You can see the loading mechanism and the massive air tanks. It's pretty much nothing but a gigantic WBL.

There's a video as well. I believe I actually showed this to Scott and DX when I was in CT. This thing is like the ultimate redneck toy, haha.

Enjoy.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: If You Thought the Douchenator was Impressive...

Post by Fishfan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm

And those 50 WBs doesn't make it out of the barrel :goofy:. Pie!
I wonder if that was ever used in Punkin chunkin?

atvan

Re: If You Thought the Douchenator was Impressive...

Post by atvan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 pm

The air cannon part of that show was always somewhat boring. My favorites are the torsion and gravity divisions.
/sidetrack of an off topic thread.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple