iSoak'D 080: Not Old

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

iSoak'D 080: Not Old

Post by isoaker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 am

*** WARNING: This comic will be funny to some, but rather sobering or even depressing to others. You're been forewarned! ***

The gist of the joke, admittedly, is from an off-beat birthday card I read once, but repurposed for this comic strip. That said, having been into water wars and water blasters for as long as I have, well, time does keep on going. For those who are younger than the original Super Soaker 50, enjoy your youth, but before you know it, you'll be on the other side of the "old folk" world. :goofy:

Of course, all that said, water wars can definitely be enjoyed by people of any and all ages. I've battled with those younger than me.. and I've battled with those older than me. Each group has had their fair share of epic actions and victories that are remembered by the rest of the participants.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: iSoak'D 080: Not Old

Post by SEAL » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:16 am

Well, if you were 10 years old when the 50 first came out, you'd be around 31 now. I don't know about you, but I don't consider that to be very old at all. You're still in the prime of life. Once you pass 40, then maybe you can start thinking of yourself as "getting there". I plan to stay in shape for my whole life, so I will age more gracefully. :goofy:

I seem to see a lot of people across the internet who are in their 20s-30s, yet seem to always lament about their age as if they're 70 or 80. It makes me want to say to them: "Dude! You're in the prime of your life! Get out there and be glad you're alive!" Haha.

I totally agree with you though; I hate it when people say "I'm too old for water guns." You're never too old for water guns (well, unless you're like 100, but then you'd be too old for anything. :goofy: ).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

As one of those people aged 20-30 who lament about my age, I think the problem is as such: I'm on the part of the first generation that really had access to the Internet from childhood. So while there's a lot of us online, there's not as many people who are older than us out there. At the same time, there's a lot more younger people. There's definitely a sense of being outnumbered, and also the fact that all you whippersnappers have no idea about any of the things I used to talk about on the Internet back in the day. It doesn't seem that long ago, but it feels it sometimes. :P
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Let me put it this way, I just turned 20, and now I have to help my slightly-younger friends "survive" also turning 20. Like, I actually sit there and tell them that everything'll be okay, no need for panic, I was freaked out too until after my birthday, etc. Then I take a moment to think about how ridiculous the dilemma sounds, but I can't say it out loud.

It's like my mom says, no matter what age you are, there are always places where you'll feel young and other places where you'll feel old. The internet, for a lot of us, is an easy way to feel old, like B6 said. The fact that I'm saying I feel old, even though I'm just a couple of months past my teenage years, probably won't help those older than me :goofy:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 am

The "prime" of my life begins April 21st, 2013.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am

marauder wrote:The "prime" of my life begins April 21st, 2013.
Awwwww that's beautiful!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am

Everytime I hear that "you're too old for water guns" talk, I know the person saying it to have childish, conformist ways of thinking. Oh, the irony.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am

Haha, I had my first "aging crisis" at 6, and my 2nd one at 22. Once you pass 21, there's no more cool rewards for aging, so you're suddenly not looking forward to birthdays quite as much. Now there's these mid-20s, which should pass without incident. I'm in a sub-generation that grew up as the internet itself grew up. Really was the last internet generation that can still remember an early childhood free of computers and electronics in general (other than maybe NES and Gameboy). We went out into the woods and built forts, or went on the roof and ambushed each other with water balloons, or went sailing. Even when dial-up arrived, the internet was still too shitty to spend much time on, imo. I didn't really do much online until broadband arrived. I still regret not finding the water warfare community until 2003, because I was definitely online in 1999.
marauder wrote:
The "prime" of my life begins April 21st, 2013.
Amen brother.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 pm

marauder wrote:The "prime" of my life begins April 21st, 2013.
Well, not to downplay the importance of that date, but the real "prime" of your life will begin oh... about 9 or so months later assuming certain things, of course. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Or 9 months from November/that month you get back home on...

It would have been funnier if I remembered the month

:cry:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

mr. dude wrote:It's like my mom says, no matter what age you are, there are always places where you'll feel young and other places where you'll feel old.
There's definitely some truth in this. When I go to school, I always feel young, since well, I am one of the youngest people there. But on Facebook I always feel like I'm in my mid-30s, just because my writing is like Charles Dickens's compared to the way some of my friends/relatives write...

I'm looking forward to officially becoming an adult and living life on my own, free to do what I want, for a few years before I decide to get married and move on in life. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm optimistic about the future.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 am

Officially becoming an adult? Are you going to have some kind of "become a man" ceremony? :lol: I hope it involves body paint and tribal women. jk Hey there is nothing wrong with Charles Dickens! I happen to love late 17th/early 19th century literature!

I am trying to talk to my fiancee about getting on that BC that they put in your arm and is good for like 3 years, cuz I have heard way too many stories about just missing a day on the pill and .... yeah.... will be waiting until the honeymoon 'cuz we're old school like that. If you don't know what I'm talking about you may want to talk to your parents. haha
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.