iSoak'D 074: Burdens of the Water Warrior

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

iSoak'D 074: Burdens of the Water Warrior

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 am

Had this idea for a comic for a couple of months, but CA99's recent threads inspired me to finally draw it up. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: iSoak'D 074: Burdens of the Water Warrior

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 am

DX and I used his iphone to map Dug Hill. I still plan on putting that map online when I get home haha. I typically don't keep my phone on me in a battle, and wouldn't unless we had lots and lots of people and I needed to signal someone when to attack.

Have you been able to use the Viper in a fight yet? Does anyone else have one? They were nowhere to be found in NC this past May, though I found lots of Crickets, Renegades, Colossi, and Gorgons. I ordered a Python so that I'll have one when I get home.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 am

marauder wrote:Have you been able to use the Viper in a fight yet? Does anyone else have one?
I've only had a chance to use my Viper is light skirmishes, but nothing significant. Works well for its size, though it is a little leaner compared to other similarly-sized water blasters.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 am

My phone is out of warranty. Do not aim for my pockets lol. Although, I usually keep that in the car. Speaking of that GPS app, I mapped a thrifting trip with it and found that it can run continuously for at least 605 minutes and outline a path snaking though 3 states. So, it's not just for short trips or hikes, you can map anything with it. That thing is dead accurate too, unlike car GPS it puts you exactly where you are.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

I've faught with a cell phone in my pocket before, though it's always in a plastic bag. You're taking a risk if you don't. Speaking of which, I did leave my phone and camera out in the rain at Downpour, but I managed to save it in time by running back all the way from the Freezer.

As far as the Viper goes, Scott said he didn't like his because they run out of water too fast, but I personally think that sidearms aren't really meant to last long. That's just me though. I thought about buying one or two, but I decided that I have enough sidearms, and I'd rather focus on getting primaries.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 am

SEAL wrote:As far as the Viper goes, Scott said he didn't like his because they run out of water too fast, but I personally think that sidearms aren't really meant to last long. That's just me though. I thought about buying one or two, but I decided that I have enough sidearms, and I'd rather focus on getting primaries.
The WW Viper holes a decent amount of water for its size, a bit more than a SS Liquidator or SS40/XP240. The fact it feels like it runs out quickly means that it is capable of pushing out water quickly (better output). For me, back-ups are the sorts of things that allow me to fight back as I head to the refill station to re-juice my primary (and fend off attackers while refilling). I don't usually plan on using any back-up for long periods of time (if I did, might as well carry around a second primary--- which I do, sometimes :goofy: )

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:55 am

I'm the same iSoaker. I would rather have a sidearm that that puts out a lot of water than one that lasts a long time. Of course, if I can get output + capacity + mobility then that's almost always better. If the Aquapak Devastator didn't always break I'd call it the perfect side arm for this reason. The backpack is so light and yet it holds 100 oz +12 in the PC. I like that because you can actually refill your primary with it if you can't get to a water source.

During the 1hk round at Hydropocalypse I ran out of water in my 2000 and had to pick up a 1500 and a Vindicator from eliminated people on my team. Also, when we were playing Hold the Line we kept having to refill the 2000 with the Vindicator and Gorgon. This caused me to rethink my need to carry a sidearm.

I'm going to try to fix my Aquapak Devastators at home. If that doesn't work, well I will probably be using that Python with a holster whenever I use my 2000.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am

On the HBWW rules list that no one ever reads, there's a little section on electronics. Of course, so far everyone has valued their stuff, so there haven't been any incidents so far. Closest I've had to a problem were a droplet or two getting into the ziploc bag of (but not damaging) my old phone on a water ride.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 am

CA99 wrote:On the HBWW rules list that no one ever reads, there's a little section on electronics.
Tried to find the page; couldn't. Link, please!