You Know you are Addicted to Water Warfare When…

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
Cochise

Re: You Know you are Addicted to Water Warfare When…

Post by Cochise » Wed May 20, 2015 6:01 pm

SEAL wrote:-When you plan to name your child so that he/she has the initials "CPS" (my last name begins with 'S', so I can do it, haha)
Carleton Pettigrew Seal (I don't know your real last name)
Carlos Philip Seal
Charleston Presley Seal
Chauncey Pablo Seal :lol:

so many choices.
SEAL wrote:-When you start to notice Japanese Knotweed groves
What's the significance of knotweed groves?
SEAL wrote:-When you plan to name your child so that he/she has the initials "CPS" (my last name begins with 'S', so I can do it, haha)
-When you claim to like water guns, but in reality you hate almost every model except the best ones (it's like this with music too: once you start listening to a genre, you pretty much like any song in that genre, but after a while, you only like the best songs, and hate everything else)
I pretty much like everything because I don't have much to work with. Well, I hate those electronic squirters. Pretty lame. What kind of music do you listen to?

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed May 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Carleton? Chauncey? Haha, that's a little more creative than what I had in mind, like Charlie or Chris or something. If I had a girl it'd be Chelsea, 'cause I rather like that name (though usually the wife has the final say for a girl). Off the top of my head I actually cannot think of any girls' names that begin with 'P' aside from like Priscilla. Don't think that's a very common name these days, haha. For boys' names, I really like Xavier, but that doesn't really work unless I want to go with XPS (for those of you who are familiar with that mod). marauder, you could do APH or CPH, haha.

Knotweed groves are prized by water warriors because they grow about as thick as rose bushes, yet do not have thorns and aren't poisonous. They're relatively easy to move through, and with their big leaves, it's hard to spot someone hiding inside. I don't know if you're familiar with the Ridgewood Wars (where Duxburian fought with his old team), but one of their battlegrounds was full of it. The first battle of the Pandemonium community war took place in a park filled with the stuff. Then we got kicked out, haha. I've seen some groves around here, but they aren't very large.

I listen to hardcore underground rap. Specifically the really fast stuff (great for workouts!). My favorite artists are Twisted Insane, Brotha Lynch Hung, and R.A. the Rugged Man. The Jokerr is pretty dope too. I also like Tech N9ne, but some of the stuff he's done recently is kinda questionable. He's going too mainstream. Right now the song that I can't get enough of is Undaground Choppers 2 (produced by Sprite Beatz, featuring like a dozen rappers you've never heard of).

So that was kinda off-topic, but you asked for it. =P To get back on the subject, how about...

-When your house catches fire, the first thing you do is save the soakers
-When you end up losing some of them anyway because there are too many to carry out in time
-When you use the ones you did save to put out the fire
-When most of your road trips revolve around water wars
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Japanese Knotweed is a highly invasive plant that grows up to 14ft tall and resembles weak bamboo, but with really big leaves. It can form large groves and line riverbanks, creating very interesting gameplay opportunities in the ambushing department. The leaves create areas of darkness where you can't see hidden opponents and they can deflect streams of water, so you need to get in closer than usual. The tall plants severely reduce sightlines, allowing teams to maneuver in very close proximity, without being aware of each other's presence.

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu May 21, 2015 5:37 pm

When you'd rather get advice from people online than store associates because they would just be confused by just what the hell you are doing with the assortment of hoses, rubber tubings, copper fittings, and plastic pipes that you're looking at...
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm

When you bring a map you designed for waterwars to a job interview because the map you made was better than the one made by county's own GIS department :lol:
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Way to go M4 I can totally see you doing that.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

When you wake up in the middle of the night with several CPS soakers IN YOUR BED WITH YOU. I mean WTF! (happened last year to me and they were loaded)
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:09 pm

^There's a joke to be made here, but a gentleman will not make it. :p

How about: when your friends ask you where you're going for vacation, you enthusiastically respond "I'm going to an elementary school with portable classrooms!" and they look at you like you've escaped from the loony bin.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Brandon you may not have ever been loony bin, but that isn't because they haven't been trying.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

TheSoaker wrote:When you wake up in the middle of the night with several CPS soakers IN YOUR BED WITH YOU. I mean WTF! (happened last year to me and they were loaded)
Do tell... Oh and actually, I think the night before the first Vermin War we all slept with our guns full. We didn't know when the enemy would show up in the morning. They actually came that night and overturned our water supply and stole a bunch of waterballoons... so it didn't really help us lol
SEAL wrote:How about: when your friends ask you where you're going for vacation, you enthusiastically respond "I'm going to an elementary school with portable classrooms!" and they look at you like you've escaped from the loony bin.
I'm pretty sure with the way our battlefields are we'll eventually find ourself playing at an insane asylum somewhere. Would be completely awesome. :lol: *maniacal laughter*

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:08 am

^Well we actually have explored two insane asylums. One of them is most likely too well guarded to fight at (but it would be stupidly awesome), but the other might work if we were to just keep the fighting at the power plant. It's definitely big enough, and there's a stream nearby. If Frozen Fury happens again and it just ends up being one day, I would look into fighting there. Not sure if I could make it though.

Sleeping with filled guns waiting for the enemy to arrive sounds awesome. I want to do that sometime.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~