You Know you are Addicted to Water Warfare When…

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
atvan

You Know you are Addicted to Water Warfare When…

Post by atvan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I thought we had one of these, but apparently not. If I just derped, you can move this to where it belongs.

I will start off with a true story. For realz.
I was riding in the car, listening to the news quietly while my mother was driving. The small news stuff was on, there was a super-mini story about how Hasbro was losing money. The first thing my mother says, entirely out of the blue, was, "It's probably because they are making inferior products." Parent win.

Please avoid making things up- the truth is what makes it so funny.
Last edited by atvan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: You Know you are Addicted to Water Warfare When…

Post by thelaminator » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 pm

-when you sleep in the bathtub in a hotel with a pointbreak in-hand (long story :goofy: )
-whenever you go anywhere where water is in a usable amount (poor Africa), you bring 3 suitcases: 2 for your blasters, and 1 for everything else (true story, bro)
-that night a person asked you "did you really HAVE to bring all of them", and you reply "no, i REALLY only needed to bring one-fifth of them" (yup)

this all originates from a robotics tournament taking place in Orlando, and this was all me. unfortunately, the captain wouldn't let me bring the blasters to the actual tournament. Made for one hell of an after-party though, even if we only came in 40th place :goofy:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:23 pm

lol parent win.

Laminator, you need to make a robot that can duel weld pistols.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:31 pm

:D haha, this is going to become a great thread :D

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 am

You know you adicted to ww when

1. it may have STOPPED RAINING but you can only asume such.
2. you water bill is bigger than any other bills.
3. You buy water guns when it is to cold to use them.
4. You are on this forom
5. You have water fights in winter

:D
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Check on 3,4, and 5.

I wrote on a very similar subject back when I was 14: "You Know You're Hardcore If." I didn't have it on the new site, but CA99 was asking me where it was, so I put it up again.
http://hydrowar.com/hardcore.html

Probably needs updating, but still some good lines in there. Many of them are based on real events.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm

- When you go out to your backyard to work out by yourself, and have a 12k nearby.
- When your family room's carpet is full of spots from water spills.
- When you're filling water balloons in the bathroom upstairs with the XP 270 just to test a new Tie-Not.
- When you see the look on your friend's face after you quickly identify a 7 year old blaster he was talking about.
- Then his face again when you show him the blaster he was talking about on iSc.

Based on real events. Will post more later. And perhaps come up with some fictitious ones too.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 pm

I'd prefer if these stayed things that actually happened. It's funnier that way.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:18 pm

When you get suspended from school for having a Monster X Keychain - happened to one of our members back in the day.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 pm

^ I heard a story of a 5 year old who got suspended for drawing a picture of a stick figure with a squirt gun shooting it at someone else. We've got some pretty screwed up school administrations these days.
thelaminator wrote:-that night a person asked you "did you really HAVE to bring all of them", and you reply "no, i REALLY only needed to bring one-fifth of them" (yup)
Happens to me more often than I would like.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

A really simple one, when you get excited on obnoxiously hot days.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm

When you wear full camo for a backyard skirmish... :dualCPS2000:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 pm

When you dread hot days beacause you know it is the only chance to get a war, but not cool enough to do tactical games.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm

atvan wrote:When you dread hot days beacause you know it is the only chance to get a war, but not cool enough to do tactical games.
Yes! This is what always happened to me in past years. This year was a little different, I got one of my friends to battle in 65 degree weather but his mom made him wear a rain coat!

You walk into class and say, "Super Soakers aren't guns, their blasters!" to your teacher every day until he lets your class have a water fight.

You see people throwing out old water bottles and ask, "can I have those?"

You write a song about water warfare (check page two of this post for it: http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/ ... 07-20.html)

Water warfare spreads to other hobbies (like LEGO): http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/302420

You pack a soaker on a ski trip.

You can talk in access of 5 minutes about water warfare or even a particular gun.

You find homes for "stray soakers."

I think that is all I have for now, but I agree with many that were said before this.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:You see people throwing out old water bottles and ask, "can I have those?"

Water warfare spreads to other hobbies (like LEGO): http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/302420

You can talk in access of 5 minutes about water warfare or even a particular gun.

These ones apply to me.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:09 pm

When you pack a soaker on every trip.

When you're too lazy to drive 7 miles to the bank, but jump at the chance to drive 7 states for a war.

When you've scouted more potential war sites in other states than in your own state.

When you have a mini soaker dangling over your dashboard instead of a freshener or pair of dice.

When your investment portfolio lists CPS soakers as its largest assets.

When your collection is worth more than your car.

When your Facebook "Timeline" starts when you had your first war.

When you dream about a zombie apocalypse where soakers are effective weapons.

When your arsenal outclasses the local fire department.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:
atvan wrote:When you dread hot days beacause you know it is the only chance to get a war, but not cool enough to do tactical games.
Yes! This is what always happened to me in past years. This year was a little different, I got one of my friends to battle in 65 degree weather but his mom made him wear a rain coat!

You walk into class and say, "Super Soakers aren't guns, their blasters!" to your teacher every day until he lets your class have a water fight.

You see people throwing out old water bottles and ask, "can I have those?"

You write a song about water warfare (check page two of this post for it: http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/ ... 07-20.html)

I think that is all I have for now, but I agree with many that were said before this.
Your LEGO stuff is pretty legit. As for the water bottles, I'd do what you do, but I've already saved up approximately 1 billion bottles that are all packed in my room. I've had to get rid of excess amounts of them. Not good for the environment but at least they're being recycled.

One of my friends has one of those reusable bottles with a snap-off cap. I asked him where he got it because of the obvious applications for having a snap-off cap (that's secured to the bottle, mind you), and it's apparently at Meijer. Will have to look sometime, haha.

That song you wrote... I almost want to make an instrument track for it and sing over it lol.

Anyway...

- When your water warfare related folder on your computer spans over 10 GB and contains, photos, web stuff, graphics/imagery, maps, etc.
- When you spend most of your time in Photoshop creating/editing water warfare related material.
- When you can recite statistics on the amount of water a swimming pool uses if someone were ever to tell you that your hobby "wastes water".
- When you're only interested in Lacrosse because the sticks can be used to launch water bombs.
- When you're only interested in tennis because the tennis ball cans are useful for water warfare.
- When you've used Paintball pod pouches to hold .5L bottles in a war.
- When you'd rather play a water warfare FPS instead of CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. except no decent WW FPS's exist yet.
- When cloudy with light rain is perfect water war weather for you, and you yell at people who don't want to play in the rain.

That's all I can remember for now, heh.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

-when you get thrown out of a local target for "directing away potential costumers" by telling them the horrors the 2012 line brings (arguing with bureaucrats, what could go wrong?)
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

when someone is about to choose a lightning storm at target and your'e all like *slow mo running* * speaks in slo mo* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *grabs a collosuss off the shelf* GGGEEEETTTT TTTHHHIIISSS OOONNNEEEEEE THAAAATTT GUUUUNNN SSSSUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSSSS
Last edited by TheSoaker on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 pm

I tend to leave others alone unless I get asked about stuff lol. One time while browsing Nerf, a kid went to talk to me and we had a short chat about the new Vortex series, N-Strike, etc. I don't remember if he brought up the Nerf SS series though.

If only every buyer was scanning each product with a smartphone and pulling up (legitimate) online reviews, then WW's would sell like hotcakes and Nerf SS would be on clearance at the end of the year. This is obviously not the case; I see Nerf SS's more often than WW's when you just look at any common soakfest.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare