Soakin' Across America

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Soakin' Across America

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

As promised to iSoaker, I took a bunch of pictures of some of the more awesome sights I saw on my trip, with my XP 220. I will post them, now that I'm done going through all the rest of the photos we took (All 1,904 of them. Big job.).

To start things off, here's Niagara Falls! Located in the westernmost area of New York, I could see across the river into Canada from there.
That's a lot of output (I could probably still beat it in a dual though! :goofy:)! This is Horseshoe Falls.

And here's American Falls, on the other side of the island we were on (Called Goat Island.).

This is from a scenic overlook in Badlands National Park, located in South Dakota (In the middle of nowhere.). An absolutly EPIC place to have a water war, if the park rangers would actually allow it.

This is Mt. Rushmore, with the faces of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt carved in the stone. Also located in South Dakota.

This is Devil's Tower National Monument, in northeast Wyoming. Looks like a giant jello blob. :goofy:

The following pictures are from Yellostone N.P. in northwest Wyoming, 7,000 feet above sea level.

This is my personal favorite picture. As you can see, I have modded my 220 to be more powerful than anything else in the field (With a little help from the Old Faithful gyser.).

One of the many gysers found within the park.

I believe this is called the Grotto Gyser, one of the more active gysers in the park.

This is the famous Morning Glory Pool, which used to be a lot prettier, until some stupid people started throwing trash into it.

This is the Emerald Pool, one of the more famous pools.

Another pool, this one is a nice shade of blue.

The Lower Falls in Yellowstone Canyon. It towers 308 feet above the Yellowstone River below.

This is a neat rock formation in a section of the park known as Mammoth Hot Springs.

And another one, also in Mammoth Hot Springs.

The next 3 images are from Zion N.P. in southwest Utah, about 100 miles from Las Vegas.

This mountain is known as the Watchman. This was taken from our campsite.

Here we have a spectacular view from Angel's Landing, another mountain that we hiked up.

And this is the Checkerboard Mesa, on our way out of the park.

This was taken from a lookout in Bryce Canyon N.P., also in Utah, slightly farther west than Zion. Another incredible place to have a water war.

This was taken from the other side of the same lookout.

I visited Arches N.P., but I wasn't able to get any pictures with the 220 in the park so I took a photo of this instead. It's called Wilson Arch, and it's a few miles south of the park.

This is the Cliff Palace in Mesa Verde N.P., located in southwest Colorado. This would be a neat water war spot as well.

Yep, that's the Grand Canyon. Located in northwest Arizona if you actually didn't know that. It's a mile to the bottom from the top.

Some giant stumps of petrified wood, at Petrified Forest N.P. in Arizona.

And finally, here are a ton of Saguaro cacti, in Sagauro N.P., near Tucson Arizona.

And that's all. That's not all the places I visited; I also went to Kartchner Caverns, AZ, Carlsbad Caverns, NM, and Mammoth Cave, KY. All of those are caves, and not exactly good places to take pictures (In fact, Kartchner doesn't even allow you to take cameras into the cave.), so I didn't get any photos of those places.

If you notice, I didn't take all of these pictures myself. I was sort of experimenting around with different styles. Not all of them turned out great either. And now I have to stop typing, because my stupid computer is acting up, as it always does when I write long posts. :x

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Re: Soakin' Across America

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

These are beautifully AWESOME pics! May I repost them on iSoaker.com as well?

Thanks so much for taking and sharing them! So many places I hope to also visit one day.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:45 pm

isoaker wrote:May I repost them on iSoaker.com as well?

:cool:
Go ahead. I'm glad you like them!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Wow, that was really awesome! I went to a lot of the same places 3 years ago on a road trip with my friend Tyler, but not nearly as many as you did. What kind of camera are you using? It takes really good pictures. Did your brothers bring any guns? It would be fun to fight in some of those areas. I have a few pictures from similar places at http://asfyxia.deviantart.com/gallery/ but my camera isn't as nice as yours.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Well, I only filled up the blaster once in the entire trip, at the Badlands campground, where we happened to be camped near a faucet. It was dark, and I had fun shooting my brothers when they weren't looking. :goofy: In fact, I even have a picture.

Here I am, ambushing my brother Jon.

I believe the camera was a Nikon Coolpix or something like that. It's not mine.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Nice! Did you see Grand Prismatic? It almost made me throw up.

Shoulda gone to the tetons.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:31 am

Epic!

PS is that Saguaro East or Saguaro West? Hopefully you checked out Saguaro West in the Gates Pass area, it's truly epic with all of the older cacti in pristine condition. The view from Gates Pass is also worth a pic.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:30 am

atvan: I did see the Grand Prismatic Spring, but it was in the morning, so it was cold and we could barely see anything with all the steam. I know what you mean though, that's a strong smell (Oddly, I kind of like it. But I also like the smell of asphalt, so yeah...)! I passed through Grand Teton, but it was so foggy, you could hardly even see the peaks.

DX: It's Saguaro West. Unfortunately we got there as they were closing, so we didn't get to drive very far into the park.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm

So you would enjoy hell? :/

The tetons has great trails, and jenny lake is excelent for canoeing. All thr park staff refer to Yellowstone as "that park up north."
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple