New company to produce high end water blasters

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

New company to produce high end water blasters

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:06 pm

This is interesting; a company called Internat AquaSport Inc. (who usually distributes goods for water sports; everything from surfboards to water slide equipment) has agreed to contracts to create recreational water guns to be sold to Sports Authority stores, amongst other sporting goods stores across the U.S.
Today, we recognize some of the big changes the world is going through, and how these changes have had a positive impact on recreation in all walks of life. As I look to areas outside of water sports, I see one example that stands out: paintball. Paintball began humbly by farmers who tagged each other using markers that were typically used to mark trees and territories, and now is huge; multi-million dollar even. However, I have likewise observed how water warfare has also grown over time, but unfortunately has not had the same turn of fate as paintball has had. After some intensive research on water blaster history as well as reading into some information online, I've read about water warfare's humble beginnings grown from being water balloon wars, squirt gun games, and just plain summer fun, to a full fledged war game developed and cultivated by the hard work of many people from the first inventor of the air pressure water blaster to modern water gun technology builders online, but despite this, it is still not even considered a sport by most people. It is with great honor that I may do my part to add to this growing sport; to join and promote water warfare as we cultivate our mission to the consumer, as well as lending a helping hand to the water warfare community to bring the sport to the U.S. and to the rest of the world.
The new water blasters are for hobbyists and warriors, not for the faint of heart. They are made of high-grade polymer plastics and metal parts and there will be a huge line of them. Prices are higher than usual, about $50-$60 for their primaries. (Separate-chamber air pressure and CPS blasters.) So far, they've shown a few CPS's with 1 liter PC's and 15-20x nozzles. Lots of pumping is required, but they are looking at methods involving high pressure air to alleviate the issue. We could be looking at Constant Air Pressure (CAP) tech being the norm quite soon!

Source

I've had some trouble earlier getting this particular link to work. The source keeps redirecting to some random Youtube video, though at one point I've managed to stop the page from redirecting. (You have to hit the stop button soon enough.) Let me know if you can get to it.

Interesting, I wonder how this will affect things for Hasbro and BBT, if it does at all. Not sure how they plan to get through to the market and become profitable though seeing how water blasters aren't the kind of thing that sells so big. Then again, this could spark another high-end blaster era similar to what Larami did in the old days. We'll have to see.

Edit: Happy April Fools'. I completely forgot about this topic and to get back to it, haha, but I'll move it to the humor forum.
Apparently this is very similar to my previous April 1st joke, something about a new way of marketing/producing blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Re: New company to produce high end water blasters

Post by martianshark » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I was able to get to the site. Try this link. http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=4891189
Last edited by martianshark on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Great stuff! Looking forward to what AquaSport's line ends up looking like; will definitely review these bad boys when they are available!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Martianshark, if you scrolled down on the page (given you got the link to work), you'll notice that they've outlined big plans to lobby to judges so that if such a lawsuit were to occur. If you scroll down to about section 0:20, you'll notice that those two guys are tossing about spherical PC's like they're nothing. They got this covered.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

huh ? That sounds interesting! I am looking forward to hearing more about them and their ideas^^

haha, will the great old CPS become alive again ? :goofy:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Haha, my April Fools' jokes at the water warfare community get worse each and every year. xD Happy April Fools'!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

:x Haha, mmmm thanks CA ! I have not seen much people playing jokes on the first april :D

Great thing, haha, I totally failed....

but because of thrust in you(great guy, why should CA ly to us ? ) and mainly because I want the good old blasters being produced again...

Sadly speaking, this will not get true in the next few months... :oo:

but ok, no problem, I can solve this problem by opening my soaker storage and looking on all the great CPS Soakers in there :goofy:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm

April 1st is April Fools day. You're supposed to trick each other on that day.

You should have clicked on the link I gave. Then you would have known.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

It's also pretty obvious because I'm pretty much never the first in the community to post news of any kind. =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:35 pm

:x DARN YOU!!! I thought that was for real! Aw man, should have know it was to good to be true. :( Shure glade that you wern't here to rip my heart out in person, I think your lungs have been turned into a CPS blader by now. OK, I'm over it, good job you really had me! Hopefully I will remember this for next year. I've been on spring break all week so I lost track of time and didn't even know it was April until now!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"