iSoak'D 039: "Ultimate" Warrior

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

iSoak'D 039: "Ultimate" Warrior

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 am

Sidenote: I actually really like the Ultimate Water Warriors system's idea, but I also know it has its limits on usefulness. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: iSoak'D 039: "Ultimate" Warrior

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Well, if he was strong enough, he could go through the two stacks, emptying one PC at a time, before discarding the whole thing and pulling out another one. =p

This kind of reminds me of a new turret system going into Gears of War 3. It is simply a mount that allows you to place several guns on it at once and control all of them with one trigger, but I'm not sure how reloading is managed as it'd be a pain to do. (Maybe the system has mechanisms to remove and replace 4 magazines simultaneously.)

I'm mostly neutral on the Ultimate system. It half-feels like a gimmick, and on the Bandit, adds unnecessary bulk to the blaster. It may have its uses, but I don't think it's ergonomical enough to be a good feature. That said, it doesn't seem to cost much to manufacture blasters that fit to the specification, and on most blasters doesn't take up all that much space.

Is the Tiger Shark a favorite of yours? It seems to appear on more iSoak'd strips than not. Other than the gripe I have about the grip, it's quite decent.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 pm

I think the Ultamate WW system has a few possable uses but not many. The only one I can really think of, and would actuly really like to have, is if you had a gun with a strap with an ultimate atachment point on the sides. Then attach two Max-D 2000 sized guns to them, this way I would have my last resort blaster even closer at hand. If I had any Max-D 2000 sized guns, I do, but they are all broken.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 pm

I think overdoing it will be silly. In most cases I'd suggest just a pair of blasters. For example, similarly to the above suggestion, pair a large one with the Bandit. Use the large one normally, and the Bandit's there to defend yourself while repumping the main blaster. Or, how about two larger blasters, set on different nozzles - perhaps even mod one for a riot blast - so you simply pull a different trigger depending on whether you want shot time or output.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 am

cantab wrote:I think overdoing it will be silly. In most cases I'd suggest just a pair of blasters. For example, similarly to the above suggestion, pair a large one with the Bandit. Use the large one normally, and the Bandit's there to defend yourself while repumping the main blaster. Or, how about two larger blasters, set on different nozzles - perhaps even mod one for a riot blast - so you simply pull a different trigger depending on whether you want shot time or output.
That's exactly what I'm thinking when it comes to using Ultimate blasters together. I'd be using two medium-to-large blasters hooked up, but on different settings so one can have some different firing options available much faster than rotating a nozzle selector in the middle of a fight. If I opted for 3 blasters, the third would be a smaller one, probably the Outlaw, fully pumped up for suppression fire when my main blasters are in need of refilling. I think I could carry a couple of linked Explorers or an Explorer and Renegade around without too much trouble. The Vindicator would have been the best option were it still elastic-based since it has a strap, but in its current incarnation, it gets ranked lower on my preference scale.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: