New ways of manufacturing/marketing water blasters

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

New ways of manufacturing/marketing water blasters

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

Well low and behold, after some chats under the hood with iSoaker, I managed to get my hands on some pretty good insider stuff. I'm probably not supposed to share this but it's so big it has to be posted somehow.

The explanation to this long process is kind of tedious so I'll let the link below do most of the talking. An engineer who was behind some of the best Super Soaker designs of 1998 to 2002 explains how it all works and how the current water blaster line can be improved, possibly even as well as during the CPS days. Despite what you may think about what current companies are limited to, this guy gets into the engineering and explains how it really all works not just with the water blaster design but also with a given company's economics. Those of you who are unfamiliar with how the water blaster works will also find his unique explanation to be quite interesting since it's quite different from how it's traditionally explained.

Link

I was pretty skeptical upon finding this too. But if you think about it after a bit, there's really no reason it wouldn't work. When you think about it, a water gun really is just a series of tubes and his idea gives a fresh perspective of going back to basics to the engineering, design, and production of water blasters.

Hmm.....
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Re: New ways of manufacturing/marketing water blasters

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks for sharing the link! I meant to, earlier, but I get distracted! Definitely insightful for those unclear on how water blasters of all sorts work and can be optimized. The theoretical limits are incredible!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I have no idea what this guy is talking about. :( I didn't hear him say anything related to water guns either. :cps2000:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Well he had to be vague and keep it from slipping out. (marketing stuff) He makes a subtle allusion of water guns to the workings of the internet though, if you listen closely. While he doesn't directly say "water gun", he talks about how the inner workings of the internet is like a series of tubes, which we all know is what a water gun is built out off. The idea is, what if we look at how the tubes of the internet work and see how a water gun can be derived from them? I don't know how to explain it much better than this; you may have to watch the video again and listen to him more closely. (Or keep up with the internet tubes themselves and the memes stuck amongst them - such memes, if applied to a hypothetical water gun design, could cause clogging and poor stream lamination. ;)

Edit: Ok, ok, fine, it was a pretty lame April fools' joke, whatever.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ncog

Post by ncog » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:22 am

Everything relates to water guns in one way or another!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, the internet is a series of tubes according to internet expert Ted Stevens. If you've opened up a water blaster, you also know that water guns are a series of tubes. Therefore, we can assume that the internet is one big water gun. =)

HydroBrawl Water Warfare