Scavengers

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Scavengers

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Fighting at community wars isn't as mobile as some would like. this game should fix that

Rules
five or more flags are hidden around the battle ground with clues as to their location given to both teams. Flags have a 5 point valve while hits are only worth 1 point forcing the battle to be highly mobile. their is no team base instead flags must be carried once found and dropped if the carrying player gets hit.

1 or 2 minute re-spawn
time limit 1 hour (or more depending on the number of flags)
both teams have 2 minutes to separate after being handed clues before they can open them and the round starts
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Re: Scavengers

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Well , this could be interesting. I've always been into clue based games, but then you would need a noncombatant to do the planning.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:35 pm

I like this game, but I have a few variations:
The game starts in the centre of the designated area, or at least equidistant from both teams base camp/spawn point. The spawn points will be equipped with the same amount of water for both teams. (adjusted per team sizes and load-outs as needed)

Clues are interesting, but what I would like to do is have each team hide the same number of flags in their opponent's area. That way, when the game starts, everybody is looking for flags, while heading towards enemy territory where they know flags can be found.
It would be ideal for spawn points to have an "overseer" who would count every player who returned there as a point for the enemy team. A player can only return to spawn if they have been hit (or, being completely out of water, decides to give the point up for the sake of refilling).

Alternatively, every player starts the game equipped with a flag of their teams color. So if a player is taken out, the enemy grabs their flag. Also, enemy flags should be worth more points. I would like to discourage team members swapping flags with each other freely, but some would call this "strategy" instead of "cheating".
And a further thought on this, each player needs at least one of their own team's flags to go out and fight. The spawn zones contains several extra flags for that team. So players have to play smart, and not use up too many flags/lives. Teams can store their own extra recaptured flags at their base, but not enemy flags. They must carry all enemy flags with them, but they can be distributed among team members for strategy.

Man this sounds like fun.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:04 pm

The point of this game it to prevent having a defensive battle or one where not one shot is fired. the rules are meant to force people to move around the field and not fight and hide in one small area of a larger battlespace by making both teams look for things. so you shouldn't have bases or spawnpoints cause that makes for a more stationary fight.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:06 pm

We've played a version of this where the flags' locations are known, although I've personally only played it once, and during that game, I was too lazy to move about, so I simply defended our team's flag cache/return.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

OK, well maybe I didn't quite explain what I was thinking.
For the games I have proposed, you cannot steal flags or water from the enemy base. You are also not supposed to stay at your own base once your timed respawn is up. There really isn't any point in camping really close to your own base. You won't score any points that way. You have to go and look for the enemy and take their flags.

But in any case, you can't really force people to do anything. If someone wants to camp because they are tired/lazy, that's what they will do. No game or rules can change that. I instead, choose to ignore such people and focus on the gameplay with active players.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm

How many people do you usually fight with? Are there enough active players for this not to be an issue?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:22 am

I don't do waterfights so much, but I do play lazer tag (or simply gun-less CTF/ Flag Hunt/similar to Scavengers) with up to 30 people. I'm not entirely sure what you are asking me, but I would say that the less energetic/active people don't stick around very long. The games are more fun the more you run into the action, so to speak.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.