OHK/OHK Respawn Game

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
atvan

OHK/OHK Respawn Game

Post by atvan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:23 am

Another idea I had for a hybrid game, inspired by the hit thread. From now on in, I will refer to OHK respawns as OHTE (One Hit Temporary Elimination).

Basically, I designed this as a way to favor torso shots, but not disregard other hits.
If hit in the torso or head (or not),you are eliminated. If you are hit in any other place, you must not use that limb(optinal) and go respawn. A respawning player can be eliminated if hit in the torso and/or head, but if they are pursued and fired on, they may fight back, not using the "injured" limb (not optional).
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: OHK/OHK Respawn Game

Post by SEAL » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Hey, my group did something like this once. Headshots were instant deaths, and anywhere else had to be hit with enough water to feel the cold (It's kind of hard to put into words.), otherwise we'd have to pretend to be wounded and not use the area that had been hit for a certain amount of time. We didn't use respawn points though; we had to lay on the ground for 25 seconds before being able to fight again.

It was kind of funny, but we ditched it due to a variety of reasons. Mainly because it doesn't work that well if you're playing with someone who's not really into it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I think it would work better with more players.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:33 pm

I've played Assassins where limb hits disable the limb in question for the duration of the fight. People hopping around was always funny.