Brutes (OHS+OHK idea)

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
atvan

Brutes (OHS+OHK idea)

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Here's the idea-

Each team is composed of an equal number of players no less than three (3)
Each team has one (1) person, chosen at random, equiped with whatever they decide to arm themselves with, as long as it is safe referred to as a brute
The rest of the participants are armed with one (1) manufactured (stock or modded) air pressure gun, and no other armaments.

The regular players act as if it is a standard team scores OHS. Each time a player is hit, either by a standard player or brute, the enemy team gains one (1) point.

If a brute is hit by a regular player, he/she is eliminated. The person who hit them becomes a brute, and raises their hand, and holds their gun upside down. They walk like this to their team base, which is solely for storing weapons and is out of bounds, (preferable just outside the boundries, such as a building or pavilion which is off limits) take their weapons of choice, and then allowed to hold their guns however they like and lower their hand. The team (who killed the brute) gains 3 points for this required conversion. If the brute is hit by another brute, neither player is eliminated, and it is scored like a regular hit between regular players. The game goes on until one of the teams is eliminated, or until the set time runs down. Each team then scores three (3) points for each remaining player, and one (1) point for each remaining brute. A person who has just taken out a brute (and has their gun upside down and hand up) counts as a brute. However, if they are in the base getting their guns when time expires, they count as eliminated, avoiding iding in the base waiting for time to expire. The team with the most points wins.

Once again, What is a hit? This, I believe should be left to be determined by the players themselves. The point of the elimination, score loss, and end score reduction for brutes is because imo, they should be somewhat undesireable, and balanced. One problem I can see is a brute duel, with all other players eliminated. This is where the time limit comes in. The scoring amongst brutes helps too.

Feedback is required (you don't want to know the consequences :soaked: )
Last edited by atvan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

atvan

Re: Brutes (OHS+OHK idea)

Post by atvan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello? Any thoughts?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:45 am

Hey atvan,

What about when a brute hits a player, is that just a kill?

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:43 am

No, because he/she has superior firepower. I designed this so that the players with better guns during the battle had a weakness as well.
Last edited by atvan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beware the Purple

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 am

So what you're saying is that, as a brute, losing your status is beneficial for your team, as they get points for it?

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm

It only turns out to be one point in what I had, but I edited it now.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Rather complex, but I like the idea.

What counts as a hit wasn't really that much of a problem at the war. There were some very minor disputes, but it was pretty clear to most people.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Yeah. The only real problem I see with this is transitions. However, I tried to eliminate the need to pause while the brute suits up. Add a few more clauses for scoring.
Beware the Purple