Updates to games info on the wiki

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Updates to games info on the wiki

Post by HBWW » Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

I've been figuring out how to work with the wiki and just pushed some of my own stuff up there, such as the Special Objectives page. There's a few other things I'd like to put out but not sure where. In particular, I'd like to put up a snippet of info on single-sided versus multi-sided games. Offense/Defense games are single-sided, and classic CTF games are multi-sided. SEAL's On the Run and Hold the Line games are also single-sided. Infection is debatable, depending if the playing group wants to give everyone a chance to play alpha zombie. Still, I treat it as multi-sided despite the fact that it plays more like a single-sided game.

Ideally, I'd like the Special Objectives page to be renamed to "Special Considerations", and include Special Objectives as a main component of the article, and the single-sided vs. multi-sided thing can be placed under that. However, renaming articles seems to be impossible, and if it was possible, would break links at other wikis unless it self-updates.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Bk314159

Re: Updates to games info on the wiki

Post by Bk314159 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Assuming that this has not been changed in the MediaWiki configuration, moving/renaming a page should leave a redirect behind so that someone linking to "Special Objectives" will be redirected to "Special Considerations".

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Got it, thanks.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Bk314159

Post by Bk314159 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Keep in mind, however, that MediaWiki does NOT fix double-redirects (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:2R); these need to be fixed manually by changing the link after the #REDIRECT. The wiki page Special:DoubleRedirects lists any double-redirects.