New Game, 1 vs Everyone Else!

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

New Game, 1 vs Everyone Else!

Post by SEAL » Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am

Okay, lately I've been having major brainstorming ideas for water warfare games, and here's one that I thought of. I've actually had the idea floating around in my head for a while. This game leans more towards the extreme water warrior, since it's only 1 person versus a team of however many people you can get (Though for smaller battlefields, less people would be better.). I still can't think of a good name, but I've been thinking about "On the Run".

Overall Game Objectives: Runner: Get to the other side of the battlefield without getting hit. Hunters: Eliminate the Runner before he/she reaches the other side of the battlefield.

Number of Players / Participants: Preferably no less than 4.

Distribution: 1 vs everyone else.

Hit / Scoring Mode: Hit-based, Elimination.

Hit / Scoring Method: Any kind will do.

Time Limit: None.

Battle / Playing Field Size: Large. Rectangular shape prefered.

Specific Environment: Somwhere with plenty of cover.

Specific Details and Rules:

Okay, there's a "Runner", and "Hunters". The Runner starts on one side of the battlefield, while the Hunters start on the other side; The Runner must get to the other side of the battlefield, while the Hunters must prevent the Runner from getting there. The Runner cannot refill his/her blaster(s). Everyone on the battlefield is subject to Elimination. The Runner wins when he/she reaches the other side of the battlefield, or has eliminated all Hunters, while the Hunters win when the Runner is eliminated.

~SEAL

There you have it. At first glance, it may seem lopsided, but the Runner is allowed to go anywhere in the battlefield, and do anything he/she can to reach the other side, so it's mostly a game of stealth. The Runner can try to take out all the Hunters, but risks being seen and running out of water.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Re: New Game, 1 vs Everyone Else!

Post by isoaker » Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 am

Simple and potentially really fun to do!

As an aside, SEAL, you should have wiki editing capability. Feel free to create a new page for this (and also make any edits to other games as you wish).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 17, 2011 11:36 am

Really? Cool. I'll look into it, thanks!

By the way, anyone interested in playing this in the community war? It would be an interesting challenge...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Thinking a bit more on this game, I think its title needs to be improved a touch. "1 vs Everyone Else" can suggest that the one Player must eliminate the other Players to win as opposed to these rules that suggests that the one Player can also win by achieving an objective (i.e. crossing the field). There's a game type that I thought was described, but doesn't exist yet on the wiki, wherein a Player (or a couple of Players) would be ultra-Players and/or "Monsters", able to accept multiple hits without being eliminated while other defender Players would be eliminated by a single hit.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 pm

That's not the name of the game, that's just the title of the thread. I think I'll call it "On the Run" for now, but I'll change it if I think of something better. By the way, in this game, there are no ultra-players or anything, everyone has the same hit rules.

How exactly do you create a new page on the wiki? I've never done it before so I'm not sure. I changed my Hold the Line game though (Feel free to edit it if you see something that I might have messed up.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 17, 2011 1:15 pm

SEAL wrote:How exactly do you create a new page on the wiki?
That's easy; just type in the name of a page into the search box. If the wiki can't find it, it'll offer you the option to make it. As for linking to the new page, you'd need to edit a page where you want to put in the link and then use the little link-making button on the WYSIWYG editor to make the link (or, if you'd like, you can disable the rich editor and use pure wiki coding, but that takes a little more getting used to).

As for messing up the wiki, don't worry. Wikis are designed that in the event of a true mess up on an article, things can be reverted to a prior state.

Edit: as an aside, the edits I've seen you've made all look good. Tried to make editing the wiki as simple as possible for interested members.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Interesting idea, and seems to play like many single player/campaign games. Perhaps I should try it out.

However, the game definition itself should expand to ensure that everyone gets a chance to play as the runner.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 17, 2011 6:06 pm

CA99 wrote:However, the game definition itself should expand to ensure that everyone gets a chance to play as the runner.
How would I do that? It doesn't say anywhere that only one person can be the runner.

isoaker: Thanks. I just finished the page.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~