New gametype: Zombies

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
User avatar
HBWW
Posts: 4076
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

New gametype: Zombies

Postby HBWW » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

This is a rather simple variation of the dozens of possible rules you could have with a zombies game, and its what I'm planning on trying out when I get the chance.

The game starts with one zombie (aka alpha zombie) and at least 5 other humans. Scoring is based on time and on the last one who survivives is the alpha for the next game. Zombies can only use water bottles, and both sides can only use hoses for refilling. No high powered water weapons allowed. (i.e. pneumatic WBL's, Supercannon II's, etc. anything that relies on a bike pump or air compressor or anything more to reload)

When a human is hit with a water bottle splash, they immediately put down their blasters and turn into a zombie. No hits against zombies are counted. (This may cause some game problems in some situations, where people hide, etc. However a time limit can be placed to curb that problem, as well as limiting where people are allowed to go)

To put a twist on this and make it more interesting, perhaps the alpha zombie could start with an Oozinator. (with only the ooze loaded) Other weapons, such as squirt pistols or water balloons, could be allowed, or they could be limited to foam swords instead of water bottles. (to avoid having to refill)

User avatar
marauder
Posts: 3821
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Clayton, NC
WWN League Team: Havoc
Contact:

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby marauder » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:21 pm

That's pretty sweet. Sounds like Dracula or Vampires or whatever that I used to host at lock ins when I worked at Laser Quest. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. If I can get enough people around here to play I will give it a try.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/

SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7109
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby isoaker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:09 pm

I like the game concept! One thing, though... if non-zombie players have water blasters, shouldn't water blaster hits on a zombie be good for something? While converting back to human would mess up the dynamics of the game, perhaps a definite shot (not just a glancing shot) should make a zombie player freeze momentarily?

Just a thought!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com | iSoaker Warriors: (Facebook) .:

User avatar
HBWW
Posts: 4076
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby HBWW » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:29 pm

As it is, the only way to "hold off" zombies is to run and hide. The game depends on the fact that everyone will eventually become infected anyway, and the soakfest element makes it more intense. Either way, a blaster has much more effective range than a bottle, and the physical shock value of the shot itself is whats being depended on to hold off the zombie.

Caution: Game setup not recommended for airsoft nor paintball games, nor for playing groups with small children. (all for obvious reasons)

User avatar
marauder
Posts: 3821
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Clayton, NC
WWN League Team: Havoc
Contact:

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby marauder » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 pm

C-A_99 wrote:As it is, the only way to "hold off" zombies is to run and hide. The game depends on the fact that everyone will eventually become infected anyway, and the soakfest element makes it more intense. Either way, a blaster has much more effective range than a bottle, and the physical shock value of the shot itself is whats being depended on to hold off the zombie.

That would only give a second or so with the people I play with.


isoaker_com wrote:I like the game concept! One thing, though... if non-zombie players have water blasters, shouldn't water blaster hits on a zombie be good for something? While converting back to human would mess up the dynamics of the game, perhaps a definite shot (not just a glancing shot) should make a zombie player freeze momentarily?

Just a thought!

:cool:


Yeah, I forgot about that. At Laser Quest zombies had unlimited lives but when they got shot their packs were down and they couldn't fire back for 9 seconds. Zombies are usually known for their brute strength and numbers, not technology or intelligence. Perhaps they could get smaller or lesser ranged blasters?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/

SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7109
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby isoaker » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:26 pm

@C-A_99: hmm... before I forget, I do like the game concept and would like your permission to repost it on iSoaker.com.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com | iSoaker Warriors: (Facebook) .:

User avatar
HBWW
Posts: 4076
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: New gametype: Zombies

Postby HBWW » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Yes on the repost. Glad you like it, though its a good idea for me to test it first and see how it really works.

Also, I should've cleared this up earlier as I said in the first post; zombies get only water bottles (unless I experiment and give the alpha an oozinator or some other kind of piston blaster) and have to charge into the humans. If I provided any blasters to them, it'd all be piston. (And I don't have enough piston blasters, plus it'll just be something extra that a human would have to carry before turning into zombies. Water bottles make this much easier, and not to mention, more intense.)

I'll run through the rules again:
- Soakfest only for zombies, humans turn into zombies when hit.
- Water bottles and/or low range weapons for zombies only
- Powerful weaponry disabled for both sides.


Return to “Games & Organization”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest