Elimination Vs. Survival

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.

Elimination Vs. Survival

Elimination - Soaked players must wait out-of-bounds until the game is over
No votes
Lives - Players are given a finite number of lives; each soak causes a player to lose a life until eliminated
No votes
Re-Spawn Point - Soaked players must return to a specific respawn point, but then can continue
19%
Timeout - Soaked players must take a certain timeout from play, but then can continue
25%
Re-Spawn + Timeout - Soaker players must return to a respawn point and remain there for a set time
25%
Survival - Soaked players mean point for other team, but soaked player can continue playing
19%
Other - Something else; please explain
13%

Total votes: 16

twinkiewarrior93

Re: Elimination Vs. Survival

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 am

Well i only do that if i have more than 3 halo lovers, which there are numerous manys in my neighborhood. Seeing as how I have only 1 friend willing to do a water war right now, having 3 is an impossibility. but youre right, i haven't REALLY tested it yet, so i can't say how it would go with more than 2. [C-A_99 ---> :cps2000: :soaked: <--- Me] Anyways, i like the soaker tags, which gives me an idea. You can have some in a little "Medi-kit" which gets returned at the end of a game. And if you get hit, and you're almost out, attach more soaker tags to you! Although, i would only put 3 in there, and have a limit one can wear at a time. You might also put some bandaids and neosporin in there. And, if you get complicated, have a different color soaker tag for "steroids", which you can add to your shirt to provide a extra hit, but only useable if you have four full soaker tags. And with all the ways to make alternate tags, It really wouldn't cost much. Except the bandaids, but you can have a medi-station for those. That would make a lot of modes better.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

Twinkie, you do realize that simplicity is part of what made the CPS line so successful, don't you? Compare those with guns like the HydroBlitz nowadays... The medipack, where one can attach additional tags (until he runs out obviously) wasn't a bad idea until you further complicated it by additing the "steriod" tag and the other equipment lol.

And I wouldn't use actual soakertags, something to pin on a piece of paper towel or toilet paper would be best for both cost and game functuality.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

twinkiewarrior93

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:19 pm

hence the "alternate soakertags". like what you were describing.