Water Warfare: 10 Common Sense Rules

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
isoaker

Water Warfare: 10 Common Sense Rules

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:48 am

Were common sense more common, we wouldn't need common sense rules. For now, input on the 10 most basic rules for water warfare would be appreciated. If it can be kept to 10, that'd be optimal. Rules also need to be short, but relatively descriptive, though undoubtedly cannot describe every aspect due to their short length. This set can be thought of as a slightly different or subset of rules for the Organized Water Warfare rule set.

Order is important to some degree as well. Input and suggestions desired.

------------------------------------
Example Rules:

1. Respect and abide by all game rules
2. Respect all players and non-participants
3. No aggressive or abusive physical contact

------------------------------------

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warfare: 10 Common Sense Rules

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 am

Without making the points too general, I'll list mine.

- Respect property. (Don't be destroying vegetation, using hoses from some house that's not part of the game, etc.)
- Respect boundaries.
- Respect blasters. (Don't play with triggers, free pumps may not be extended when not in use, etc.)
- Respect other players and game leaders.
- "Attacks" must be safe i.e. no physical contact, no acid water, no point-blank WB launches to the face, no throwing rocks, etc.
- Attacking before and after games is prohibited, as well as attacking eliminated or respawning players, or non-players.
- Fragile and/or non-waterproof electronics should not be brought into the game unless protected by something that'll waterproof it. (i.e. a ziploc bag for radios)
- When you're clearly the one who was hit first, shut up and get off the field. Cheating will not be tolerated.
- Disputes should be settled by either having both players go out (which is the typical method), or having a sudden death type match if both players are the last ones remaining)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:29 pm

@C-A_99: I recall seeing your full rule set on your site and it looked pretty good! I think the order could use a little tweaking as with some of the wording, but I do like the overall gist of what rules you do cover.

I await some more input, then will try merging and refining the set, getting feedback along the way, of course.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 am

Perhaps trying to define common sense rules seems somewhat inane. Be that as it may, I still think it's worth a shot and may prove useful to some.

Updated set:

1. Read, respect ,and follow all game rules
2. Safety first (i.e. no harmful additives in water supplies, no point-blank face shots, no throwing rocks, no use of real weaponry, etc.)
3. Respect all players and non-participants
4. No aggressive or abusive physical contact. Optimally, only water streams and/or water balloons should be the only source of contact between opposing players.
5. Respect personal and private property. (Do not destroy vegetation, do not use hoses not part of the game, etc.)
6. Respect game boundaries. (i.e. Do not go beyond the playing field, do not enter forbidden zones, etc.)
7. Respect equipment (i.e. Do not play with triggers, free pumps should not be left extended when not in use, etc.)
8. Respect game time. Attacking before and after games is prohibited, as well as attacking eliminated or respawning players, or non-players.
9. Show honor. When you are clearly the one who was hit first, do not complain and leave the field. If uncertain, be willing to have a replay or call it a draw. Disputes should be settled by either having both players go out (which is the typical method), or having a sudden death type match if both players are the last ones remaining)

------------------

Anything else should be added? Anything need more clarifying or re-ordering? Should anything be removed? Thoughts or ideas most welcome!

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:52 am

I'll sum each up in a few words. Not in any order, all are important.

1. Truthfulness
2. Respect for people, equipment, rules, surrounding and yourself.
3. Not being aggresive.
4. Honour yourself and your team.
5. Follow all these rules and rule 6 will be easily acheivable.
6. Have fun!

mkhadem

K3YD0N

Post by K3YD0N » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:27 pm

not destroying the water source or if a limited amount of water hoarding or taking more that your gun needs at a time ( water balloons split into equal amounts)
Tactics, Traps, and Strategies, thats me pretty much. Need ideas, pm me for Tactics, Traps, and Strategies.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 pm

From experience, I only have one thing to say: Just because it's not listed in the game rules doesn't mean it's okay. In water wars I've been in, people will do something they obviously shouldn't do just because there was no particular rule against it.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.