Organized Water Warfare - ^

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:03 pm

They probably need experience. Even on our well-trained team, our new members make quite a few costly mistakes, and are easier to hit. Battle experience is the best way to have them learn to time their shots, move quicker, etc.

Although dodging a stream is not that hard. I frustrate many people trying to hit me. I also went 4 wars in a row without being killed last summer. Difficult yes, impossible no.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm not that good because I haven't had much experience. But at least I know how to time streams, and I've done some dodging. This next year should be a good year for my soaking experiences.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I'm anxious to see the performance of my splashzooka in a real battle. Up to now I have only tested it. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Are you serious? How hard is it to time your stream? I did that on the first gun I owned! Are you sure you aren't stretching things a bit? Either that or your friends need some serious practice.

Well, maybe I was stretching. If you keep moving after a second or two they'll move their stream forward a bit to intercept you, but by that time you have an easy shot at them and can scew their aim a bit.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Sneak up/ hit and tun tactics are deadly in a water war especially with powerful manuverable gun's like the cps 1500 and 2100. You could drench them in one shot. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Depends on where you are playing. The best way to follow up an ambush is to attack and start a drive, not run away. If you get the enemy to reel from your ambush and run themselves, you can chase them and score a big shot in the back.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Yeah, the lighter cannons, especially the 1500/1700, are underrated.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Well some feel that guns like the 1500/1700 are underrated, but I personally think some lighter guns like the 4100, 2100, etc. are overrated. In light of the past few years' guns, yes they are good, but in comparison to what's out there overall, they have pretty weak power.

The 2700 I find is very underrated. While it may look ugly and cumbersome, the 2x nozzle will hit 50ft and shoot for 7-12 seconds.

But even the weakest CPS guns are preferable to 2003-2005 guns, so when you have a choice, go with the older models.